• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
microsoft-flight-simulator-747.jpg

FlightSim_Hero-Asset_Still-1.jpg

tFob3T8.jpg

VividLandscape.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 10747

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed OP. Nothing gave the same feeling as Killzone, Infamous. MM didn't impress me, neither did R&C (besides the loading) and GT7. Sadly we didn't see Horizon so can't judge that one.

Edit: Forgot about unreal demo. That one did impress me. The thing about next gen that also does impress me is the sound quality.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020
True next gengraphics won't come till 2-3 years in and even still we slowly getting to the point of diminishing returns. Be ready for a ton of ray traced puddles marketing for a while.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I agree with the folks that are saying MS Flight Sim and Ratchet. Simply jaw dropping.

Demon Souls looks great, but I feel it's not pushing the envelope enough. It is a launch title though.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care for the series at all...but demon souls looked great for early gen. Lighting...fast loading...high qaulity/density objects. Legit. Any day now we'll get hat NBA2k21 trailer so it can drop some jaws. Any day.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
everyone is kinda right.
We saw some great looking games that look better than current gen games. But I think it's going to cost more money and time to show the real deal this gen.
But we'll see it. It's not for nothing that we say things as "next gen starts when ... says so"

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
You may want to go look at Demon's Souls and Ratchet and Clank.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
People will get more impressive looking stuff down the road and then complain when it's capped at 30FPS.

rajinus

Banned
Sep 2, 2020
Only thing that TRULY impressed me was UE5 demo.

A distant 2nd is Ratchet and Clank.

Then HZD trailer. But now that I know its being developed for PS4 as well, I have a feeling the actual game won't be as impressive as I imagined.

Demon's Souls looked good in the sense that it had a ton of detail and very screenshottable, but it didn't "feel" next-gen in terms of movement, animation, effects, etc. You have 1 slow character walking around and awkwardly swinging his sword against 1 enemy at a time in a world that looks detailed but uninspired.

Nothing else has been even mildly impressive, considering the ridiculous performance gap between generations.

doyneamite

Oct 26, 2018
After playing RDR2, I don't know what to really expect to be honest.

It's rare you get a game at the start of a generation that is a mind-blowingly new experience. It's getting harder and harder to reach that point because a lot of games just look great these days.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Its been fine so far, but I think its difficult to appreciate the fidelity over youtube videos and screenshots, Im pretty sure it will feel significant when I have my hands on the new consoles. That said Im mostly excited for increased performance, Im done with 30 fps.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Im just a tad confused then as to what next gen really looks like

because from what ratchet shows with its loading times and what demons looks like, it's a huuuge step

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I think we had some great next gen material so far. Personally, I haven't had the "oh shit, this is next gen" moment like I had with the killzone shadow fall reveal trailer

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Flight Sim came out in August homie, we already in nextgen.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
Flight Sim is the only game so far.

Ratchet looks *fine* and Demon's Souls looks like a super nice PS4 game.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I kinda get what you mean, in the way that we used to have jaw dropping next gen reveals (like the huge jump from PS1 to PS2).
Demon's Souls and Ratchet look really good, but I think I'm missing a lot of it through bad youtube compression. They'll be much more striking in person, I'm sure.

Flight Simulator - for me at least - is a HUGE jump. Those clouds blow me away every time.
I hope it looks as good on console.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Are there even any true AAA PS5 exclusives yet? I don't count Ratchet or Demon's Souls.