• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was just going to say that the rain here is so mild compared to the bay.

Sounds like you really just need to fix your roof.

That sucks. I came in on Sunday and it was free and clear. I totally forgot to check that out.

Hopefully, when I leave it's fine, too.

Just went through the grapevine again earlier. I always check the weather there because I hate having to drive in snow. Glad I decided to drive through earlier because it looks like I just missed that snow. It was clean and clear when I passed through.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
This is so bizarre.

Excuse me tornado, but SOME of us have work in the morning. We can't be bothered with this.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Tornado warning canceled. This some scary ass shit, what the fuck...

The one thing keeping me from moving to the cheap bumblefuck nowhere flyover states were tornados. If those are gonna become a regular thing here I'm going where the rent is cheaper.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Not LA, but we got a TON of snow in the mountains here in San Diego.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Jesus Christ

just saw a car that had a massive tree on top of it because of the winds last night. Like the whole tree was uprooted and dead center on top of the car.

Looked like something out of Jurassic Park

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on Vacation and there is no way I am touching my car with rain like this out here. Seeing how bad people drive in perfectly good weather...I can only imagine what it's like. Not going to chance it.

I'm from Portland originally and even I dont drive in SoCal rain...I'm used to it but 9:10 LA drivers are terrible even on a dry day.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
a back road route i take to work was eroding mud across the way & a passing car splashed a shitload of mud across my windshield.

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
I'm from Portland originally and even I dont drive in SoCal rain...I'm used to it but 9:10 LA drivers are terrible even on a dry day.
I've been rear ended twice in 2 years living out in LA. Nothing funnier seeing a the bumper on my Honda civic slightly bent but the entire front of the ladies Mercedes Benz messed up.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Jesus Christ

just saw a car that had a massive tree on top of it because of the winds last night. Like the whole tree was uprooted and dead center on top of the car.

Looked like something out of Jurassic Park
I genuinely do not mean any offense, but as someone who has lived my entire life in Tornado Alley this post made me laugh. I can't even count how many times I have seen severe storm damage like that.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to the rain and wind a ground wire that was connected to all my electricity frayed and split in half. Now I have no power.

Oct 25, 2017
Seems Spectrum is having a big outage since yesterday. Mine went out right at the top of the storm last night. Need to get work done :/

Crissaegrim

May 23, 2018
Snowing again out here in the AV. So happy, I love the snow. Right after Christmas too! Crazy, we had it on Thanksgiving and now Christmas time.

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a site where you check that?

I want to make sure I can get out safely.
I just check Frazier Park or Gorman weather typically. Also Google Maps will show if it's closed (I just checked and it's closed. Take a look if you want to see what that looks like in Google Maps). Cal Trans also has some cameras. Here's the map of cameras: http://cwwp2.dot.ca.gov/vm/iframemap.htm

and the specific camera on the 5: http://cwwp2.dot.ca.gov/vm/loc/d6/la5lebecfrazier.htm

Last edited:

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

Shout out to this guy.

Also jokes aside, someone apparently died while they were held up on the 5 during the heavy snowfall stopping traffic.
It's no joke being caught on the grapevine, basically exposed to the cold and you're stuck in the car for hours.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I just check Frazier Park or Gorman weather typically. Also Google Maps will show if it's closed (I just checked and it's closed. Take a look if you want to see what that looks like in Google Maps). Cal Trans also has some cameras. Here's the map of cameras: http://cwwp2.dot.ca.gov/vm/iframemap.htm

and the specific camera on the 5: http://cwwp2.dot.ca.gov/vm/loc/d6/la5lebecfrazier.htm
It looks fine rn, I guess? No cars or snow.

I'll check when it's time to go, and, if it's clear, I'll leave that day.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
13.5 hours. It was like driving down from SF and then immediately driving to Vegas. Bonus going through the winter hellscape

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Also, holy shit does KOST 103.5 have some serious range. It was crystal clear even past Lancaster. Meanwhile, Bay Area stations are cutting out by Castro Valley.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Nothing will make me want to stay home more than a whole week of LA people "driving" in the rain, Corona Virus can't touch that level of fear inducement

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Kinda mild in my area so far. It seems to be alternating on and off with showers and random short downpours as opposed to previous storms where it was just constant rain. Or maybe its just missing West Los Angeles.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Sweet, glad I decided not to wash my car. I swear taking my car to the wash is like doing a rain dance.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I'm from Seattle originally and been living in San Diego for the last two years and rain is definitely pretty rare here and I always try to avoid driving in it when I can down here.

Last time it was raining hard at all I was on the freeway and was freaked out when I say all the cars around me all driving with their hazard blinkers on. I've never seen that in Washington and it honestly seems more dangerous that not using them because now I don't know when/if they're about to change lanes.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Sweet, glad I decided not to wash my car. I swear taking my car to the wash is like doing a rain dance.

lol same. I basically just don't wash my car during these months anymore or at most do a quick and cheap touchless wash at a gas station. There was a nice downpour while i was driving home from downtown today. Hopefully got rid of all the superficial stuff.

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
The rain in DTLA today was scattered and varied, but mostly light drizzle. Looking forward to the bulk of the rain in the coming days. We need all the sidewalks cleaned.

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
I left work extra early today to hit the grocery store and get home safely. Too many idiot drivers out here to take any risks.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Around 1PM it was raining so hard that I could barely keep my eyes open and had maybe 5% of my normal vision.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Bleh, gotta drive north Thursday morning. That'll be fun.