• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I heard from my wife that it is snowing up in Castaic and this has shut down the 5 freeway up there. Not sure how this is going to affect our commute back to Santa Clarita later on, but we are already making plans to take the Metrolink to get back into the city. She also said that when she was driving down on the 5, the entire freeway was flooded on both sides.

Oct 30, 2017
I was driving home from a customer meeting from Riverside to north OC and the 91 was absolute madness. First of all, it hasn't rained this hard since 2016 El Nino, but before that it hadn't rained that hard since 1997 El Nino. Complete and utter downpour and visibility was bout 200 yards on the freeway. I had to get off at some point and take side streets home once I hit OC. You would be driving 65-70, all lanes and then 30 seconds later 2 lanes on both sides of you were people driving 25 MPH terrified because they couldn't see and in fact dangering everyone around them by driving like idiots. I saw 2 near major accidents before I bailed the fuck off the death highway and just putted home on side streets.

Several parts of my city are flooded and streets are closed. I know 2 people who were evacuated from their hillside homes as well. Its a shit show out there.

Forecast shows rain until 11PM tonight in north OC.

Oct 27, 2017
Rain has chilled out here in santa ana.

Was a shit show this morning. Had to go get sand bags from the corporate yard. Water came up over the sidewalk into our reception area.

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
I'm from Colorado and live in LA now. The minute the weather drops down past 70 people freak the F out here. It's hilarious but also dangerous to be on the roads.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Ya'll people would lose your minds if you lived where I often visit every few years in Fort Lauderdale. It pours just about every day around noon, and then the sun comes back out and it's dry in like 10 minutes - like the rain never happened. Even for a person such as myself that has lived on the Chesapeake most of my life, it's jarring.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Rain is fun. Roads that dip under bridges that are not equipped with proper drainage systems are not.

Don't be BC, alta California. Be better.

Silence_and_I

May 7, 2018
Ya'll people would lose your minds if you lived where I often visit every few years in Fort Lauderdale. It pours just about every day around noon, and then the sun comes back out and it's dry in like 10 minutes - like the rain never happened. Even for a person such as myself that has lived on the Chesapeake most of my life, it's jarring.
yeah it's pretty bizarre!

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like we migjt get another round this coming Tuesday. I like the weekly rains. I hope it continues throughout winter.

LA hillsides are so enchanting when they are green instead of shit brown.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I hope shit calms down by Sunday night or Monday morning. House sitting in DTLA and I don't want to take the long way down there. Driving from Fresno

Oct 30, 2017
So weird to see y'all talk about rain like it's an event.
My city in north OC basically was underwater. So you might think we're joking about rain, but heavy rain in socal decimates our infrastructure. I"m talking entire streets or communities underwater. City parks flooded in 4' of water.

We're built for about .25" of rain here and there, when we get 2" in a day it undermines core engineering that dates back decades for most of our metroplex. Rain isn't an event here in socal, but when its pouring so hard you can't see 20' in front of you for 8 hour straight and you're getting flash flood warnings in straight up suburban neighborhoods.. ya its an event.

edit. It rained harder today than any day in 2016 el nino, which then flooded and required me to do a $40k rebuild of my enclosed patio. Just for perspective's sake and to give context to the fact I live in a standard neighborhood you'd think isn't prone to any danger.

double edit. Plus a coworker of mine who lives <5 miles from me just missed a wildfire 2 months ago but when that happens the ground has no root system. Heavy rains absolutely, 100% cause mudslides and hill slides. Her entire community was mandatory evacuated today by police/firefighters and she isn't allowed back to her house until Saturday.

Shit gets real out here the moment it isn't lightly raining.

Last edited:

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I have managed to comfortably stay on my couch under a blanket watching football and Netflix. Staying safe.