• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
latest

*sigh*

If only the game actually looked like this. In reality ...

Hunters-Dream.jpg

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I hope you've never said a game is bad at any point of your life.

You didn't just say a game was bad, you basically said work done by a lot of artists on very large successful franchises are churning out garbage tier "food". But whatever helps you justify your shit take on other artists.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
The chromatic abriation is the main reason I wanted this game on PC, so I could disable that eyesore. It ruins the look imo

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Uh, it's probably in my top 5 games of all time and I don't think what you're saying is true.

Great art direction though for sure.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne is a beautiful game underneath the horrendous stain that is chromatic aberration smeared all over it.
It's a damn shame.
Whoever thought that was a good idea needs an unpaid vacation to think about it. (notice I didn't say fired).

I know people hate Chromatic Aberration as a flat rule, but I think it had a great effect in helping From achieve the aesthetic they were going for, specifically for this game.

No, it really does not. Play the unpatched original version where the CA is nonexistant. The atmosphere is 100% still intact. CA adds nothing positive. All CA does is make it look uglier and cause headaches.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
This game does not even crack the top 20 for me this generaton. There has been some amazing looking games this gen and more to come. BB is good, but no where near the best imho.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Except it's not. The chromatic aberration sucks ass

Nice art style/direction besides that though

rinzler

Banned
Apr 5, 2019
Gonna need receipts on the ps3 games that look like this.

Op is a little too enthusiastic, but this is pure waffle too.
Really? It looks very last gen in a lot of ways like they took a 7th gen engine and upgraded some of the features for a more modern look. Even with Call of Duty games releasing today you can see the age in the engine. Bloodborne is no different, it's obviously just Dark Souls 2's engine with some more modern features.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
Im all for opinions and all that, but i dont know how you could come to that conclusion. I assume you just like Gothic Horror Artstyle.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
INSIDE is the prettiest game this gen and everything else is wrong.

BB has god tier art direction thouigh.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There is something that really intrigued me on this forum, why the hell are you constantly forced to compare something to value something else ? Why it's so hard to just make a thread to praise the BB aesthetic, rather than putting it in the front of everything ?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
it doesn´t look impressive...

the artstyle is amazing, the actual IQ is just not good..central yharnam is shimmering at very corner and has a strange "wet look" to it.

Sekiro looks miles better than Bloodborne

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
This thread has reminded me of how UGLY they make hair in all their games.

Every time a character has long hair or is hairy they destroy the artistic design.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Artstyle may be good (definitely not the garbage character creation) but the frame rate / pacing made me nauseaus, so it's a big NO for me.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really? It looks very last gen in a lot of ways like they took a 7th gen engine and upgraded some of the features for a more modern look. Even with Call of Duty games releasing today you can see the age in the engine. Bloodborne is no different, it's obviously just Dark Souls 2's engine with some more modern features.
Lmao it looks orders of magnitude better than DS2. Even the current gen version of DS2. There isn't a single last gen game that looks like this.

Also, still want those screenshots of examples please.

Deleted member 29939

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

haha wow....
Okay imma outta here

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I love BB with all my heart, but it hasn't aged super well. The art and general aesthetic is world class, the tech is pretty bad.

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty is NOT the word for Bloodborne. I love that game to death and personally love the way it looks but it's not pretty. The art style is amazing but the CA, shimmering, and aliasing keep it from being "pretty".

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys are having some issues understanding a last gen engine derivative with modern feature sets.
YOu still have posted any screenshots showing a last gen game that looks like this.

I said OP isn't right about it being the best looking game this gen. not even close.

But OP is closer to the truth than your statement.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
It's my favorite game if the Gen and second favorite game ever and I can think of at least 5 games that are faaaar prettier

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
the game looks so fucking good honestly, it was the first game this gen to truly 'WOW' me as far as visuals go

nafejein32311.jpg

5AFIqFg.jpg

MV5BMmYzY2JhZmMtYTBhYS00MjBmLTgxYjMtZTM3MWE2ZWI5NGQyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODUwNTM2ODI@._V1_.jpg

bloodborne-lady.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I get that bloodborne is a lot of people's favorite thing ever but it doesn't have to be the best at everything. The color palette is overly homogenous, the image quality is relatively bad, and the frame rate is a widely acknowledged sore spot.

The art direction is top notch, and the cloth physics and animations are tremendous. That's all I can give it.