• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Definitely true. Best coach and best QB. I just would have liked to have seen Brady play for another team/coach at some point and Belichick coach another QB at some point. Not a knock against them, just always wondered how they would have fared.

Belichick did coach other QB's.

Something to keep in mind with Belichick - He coached the Browns back in '94 and not only made it into the playoffs, but won a playoff game.

That is just as impressive as winning 8 super bowls IMO.

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
People will literally reach into the depths of hell to diminish Tom Brady's greatness lmao

Oct 27, 2017
If Aaron Rodgers wins a couple of more rings and he doesn't necessarily need to win 6 obviously, I think there will be a debate. Rodgers is just something else as a talent.
I mean are we just going dismiss Belichick if after this SB defensive performance.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
It was over years ago, but now the appeal process has been exhausted? and the haters have no other recourse but to weep in silence.

OP
OP
msdstc

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
If Aaron Rodgers wins a couple of more rings and he doesn't necessarily need to win 6 obviously, I think there will be a debate. Rodgers is just something else as a talent.
I mean are we just going dismiss Belichick if after this SB defensive performance.

Aaron is truly incredible, but part of his problem is holding the ball too long. It's lead to injuries. Also his late game stats are questionable

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
Rodgers will most likely never win another SB in his life, and his carrer just got shortened with having to play against Mack twice a year. He hasn't been able to play a full season healthy in years.

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this game adds to Brady's legacy in the same way that Peyton Manning's second Super Bowl added to his. It notches another victory on the belt, but it wasn't a particularly impressive performance.

That being said, Brady's full resume is why he still warrants consideration as the greatest of all time. He probably is #1, but the biggest potential knocks against him are that a) he played in a pathetic division where they were virtually guaranteed home field advantage for 15 seasons and b) Belichick is a pretty damn good coach. If anything, this win was more a testament to Belichick's brilliance than Brady's greatness.

All things considered, I think Brady probably is the best to play the position, but I don't feel any differently about it this year than I did last year. His wins against Seattle and Atlanta did far more to cement his status.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Getting carried to a SB victory like Peyton in '15 doesn't change anything about the debate.

The_Joker1721

Oct 27, 2017
People forget this. Peyton is one of the few QBs ever to win SBs with two different franchises.
Give my mans his respect 🙏🏽
I love that people use that one season that was now TEN years ago as proof that Brady isn't great. He's made the AFC championship at least in 8 of the 10 years since then and won three super bowls. They've also won their division TEN years in a row.
Doesn't make it any less true and lmaoooo who's in the patriots division? The jets, dolphins and the fucking bills?!? THE JETS, DOLPHINS AND THE FUCKING BILLS?!? 😂😂😂 come on fam. Peyton with Belichick would've feasted even more than he did against the trash AFC south.
what happened against the saints
The saints were clearly the better team. No way that colts team was gonna stop brees and Payton and again, Jim cauldwell was the coach. Manning can't work miracles out here bruh. Same thing with the seahawks. they were the better Team and if we talking about Super Bowl losses Belichick lost to Eli twice 🤦🏽‍♂️
And Manning had two weapons that Tom never had and the only time Tom got a legitimate weapon, the league cried about running up the score.
Lmaooo nah real talk though that skins game was funny as shit.

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I didn't suggest Cassel played in the postseason for the Patriots...
My mistake. Misread. Probably should be a question mark at the end of the first sentence from the first post I quoted, though.

Carry on. I'll continue to read about how being a Trump supporter makes someone worse at football.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People forget this. Peyton is one of the few QBs ever to win SBs with two different franchises.

I saw Brady during his time at Michigan. I refuse to fucking believe he's anything without Belichick. As Joker said, the Pats went 11-5 without him. Belichick for all his scummyness is arguably the greatest pro football coach ever.
So much salt.
Doesnt change the facts about what I said. Brady always had a better defense and a better coaching system in place around him. These are facts. Belichick is the greatest coach of all time 🤷🏽‍♂️ Manning had Dungy, Caldwell and John Fox for his coaches and he played out of his mind. Lmaooo this man said get real.
The defense argument is vastly overstated. Also casually glossing over the talent manning had on offense, namely two hall of fame wrs for their entire career, isnt getting you far. Get real. Peyton didnt have shit for success in the post season to be justified in this conversation. Which is why it's never Brady vs manning anymore. Its Brady vs everyone else. So yeah get real. People moved on from manning in this conversation a long time ago, mostly because he crumbled when it mattered most year after year despite having a career with more offensive weapons than virtually anyone else in the conversation.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
AS a Ram's fan, fine, sure, ok, I don't think I ever argued otherwise

but don't come crying to me when he slots that sixth ring and snaps his fingers to end half the universe

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I have a hard time getting over the well-documented and officially recognized cheating for roughly three quarters of his career.

That's me though.

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
*shrug*

It's not really salt when it's facts. It does make it easier to hate him since Boston fans in the last decade beat out Lakers and NY fans as the most insufferable sports fanbase in the country. Ruined my appreciation for the Red Sox ffs.

I have a hard time getting over the well-documented and officially recognized cheating for roughly three quarters of his career.

That's me though.

Another thing Boston fans will overlook.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
You do understand that wherever the universe exists where Peyton is the GOAT, it isn't this one right? Like who are you people who are thinking this? You'd be laughed out of any decent sports conversation with that take

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I think Aaron Rodgers is the most talented QB ever but, yeah, Brady is the GOAT

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
You do understand that wherever the universe exists where Peyton is the GOAT, it isn't this one right? Like who are you people who are thinking this? You'd be laughed out of any decent sports conversation with that take

Peyton was great though. His numbers speak for themselves. I wonder if you were to pluck Brady out of the Patriots and replace him with Peyton if the Patriots would be as successful? I think so, but what ifs and all.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like this game adds to Brady's legacy in the same way that Peyton Manning's second Super Bowl added to his. It notches another victory on the belt, but it wasn't a particularly impressive performance.

That being said, Brady's full resume is why he still warrants consideration as the greatest of all time. He probably is #1, but the biggest potential knocks against him are that a) he played in a pathetic division where they were virtually guaranteed home field advantage for 15 seasons and b) Belichick is a pretty damn good coach. If anything, this win was more a testament to Belichick's brilliance than Brady's greatness.

All things considered, I think Brady probably is the best to play the position, but I don't feel any differently about it this year than I did last year. His wins against Seattle and Atlanta did far more to cement his status.
The difference being is that while Brady wasnt particularly good in this game, hes the reason they won to even get here in the first place. The same cant be said for either of Manning's superbowl runs.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Brady is probably the goat, but playing in the AFC East and automatically being in the playoffs every year gives you a greater chance of winning a Superbowl than any other team.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Peyton was great though. His numbers speak for themselves. I wonder if you were to pluck Brady out of the Patriots and replace him with Peyton if the Patriots would be as successful? I think so, but what ifs and all.

Well yes, but you know you can only have a reasonable discussion with the hard facts as the ammo, anything else usually just descends into fanboy madness . And yes Peyton was great

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
we talking NFL only?

Because Jordan never lost the big one to the equivalent of Nick Foles

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's not Brady (sure, he is good). But it's Bill Belichick. That man is the reason why they're winning and winning and winning.
They win high scoring games, they win low scoring games. They survive trends. They win with defense, they win with offense. They adapt. They win Super Bowls. Thanks to Belichick.
How did this wizard do before he got Brady?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
1. He has always had a superb supporting cast
2. He has always had a superb coaching team
3. He cheats
4. Fuck him
5. I will dry you out with my salt and mummify you

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I couldn't care less how many rings he has or his talent level. He's just not a very good sport, and people won't remember him the same way they remember people like Michael Jordan. Outside of Patriots fans he is vehemently disliked, and it doesn't boil down to his record. It's his smug demeanor, his blatant whining on field, and all of the controversy that surrounds him.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
The Patriots are just too good. It's kinda boring when the same team makes it to the Super Bowl every year.

Oct 25, 2017
no one actually fucking disputes that he's arguably the most talented player in NFL history, we just think that like jordan it doesn't outweigh him being an enormous piece of shit otherwise

in any event thanks for providing boston sports fans with yet another outlet for their inferiority complexes
Yep. Michael Jordan also sucks.

Man people need to chill out with the Jordan hate. Has he always been a nice guy to everyone? No. But is he a piece of shit? Dude is happy to make some of the largest philanthropic donations any athlete has ever made

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-donating-2-million-hurricane-florence-relief
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...c-donation-ever-to-fund-clinics-in-charlotte/

Oct 28, 2017
Yep he's the greatest.

And i think he would also admit that it's taken a little luck along the way.

Like being in an absolute trash division for most of his career.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Man people need to chill out with the Jordan hate. Has he always been a nice guy to everyone? No. But is he a piece of shit? Dude is happy to make some of the largest philanthropic donations any athlete has ever made

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-donating-2-million-hurricane-florence-relief
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...c-donation-ever-to-fund-clinics-in-charlotte/

I think the Jordan comparison is that had social media and exposure that exists today existed back then ppl would have had much worse opinions of Jordan.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Well yes, but you know you can only have a reasonable discussion with the hard facts as the ammo, anything else usually just descends into fanboy madness . And yes Peyton was great

lol yea I was just spitting an what if thing. I'd argue Peytons career stats are potentially better, but that doesn't matter to most. Rings do.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
If it took you until this SB to call him the GOAT, then you're delusional. The AFC champtionship game was Brady at the pinnacle of his game and there should not have been a single doubt even after that one.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Jordan comparison is that had social media and exposure that exists today existed back then ppl would have had much worse opinions of Jordan.

Perhaps, he was one of the most media savvy athletes so it's quite possible he'd adapt. That said, I see your point but the person I quoted literally said he was a piece of shit, while I'd argue he was more just kind of a jerk at times but ultimately not a terrible person or anything like that