• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
vlarge-POM.jpg
It's official: Final Fantasy 16 is coming in 2021 and it's only on PS5. This next-gen debut for Final Fantasy will make use of all of the tech inside Sony's new console. But who are the new heroes, what is that massive fire demon, and what's the combat style this time around? Pick up a copy of Official PlayStation Magazine issue 181 and find the answers to these questions, and more.

From Gamesradar.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game magazine has wrote misleading or fake stuff before so I would take massive doubt unless it's from Square.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
idk man OPM really isn't official, at all.

They are just likely printing what the rest of the web has been saying.

I'd trust a rumour from some gaming site more so then OPM's confirmations/news.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Glad it's releasing soon, granted I've never been more bored or disinterested in FF then when I watched XVI's trailer but overall the community seems jazzed and it's nice to have a different take even if it's one that does nothing for me.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Oh no, so it means no way to refine the graphics even a little bit? I thougth they would have time if the game was targetting 2022. I wish they could though.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna take it with a grain of salt because I doubt they could have any more new info than what Yoshida & Co has already shared.

Nonetheless it has been rumored to originally be targeting summer 2021, so late 2021/early 2022 is definitely within the ballpark.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Fine with 2022, give it all the time in the oven it needs.

Unlike the last game, where another 6months to a year would have done wonders.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Platform warring
sony with the shity moneyhat.

will wait till gamepass

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Official?

p4VJHkd.jpg

It'll be on PC and most likely Xbox a year later which is when I'll get it.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
If this, God of War & Horizon all come out in the same year... my word...

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They promised that the website would be live this month. This is probably info from the website ?

Sep 20, 2020
If they are as far along as it's been speculated, I could see Holiday 2021. Yoshida said there would be more info in January/first quarter. I'd like to think they'll begin their main marketing push then and we'll have a much better idea.

That said, early 2022 is acceptable given the 'rona and initial WFH turbulence.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Still wondering what's going on with FFVII. At this point, I'm guessing if it comes to PC it'll be alongside a new PS5 version that perhaps has some more Virtual Reality battles or something.

OP
OP
SoulsHunt

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Yeah I don't know anything about that magazine, someone just sent me their article. I was kinda surprised no one talked about it yet and that FFXVI just got a release date through this one.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
I'll believe it when somebody from SE says something like this: "FFXVI will be a PS5 exclusive title forever."

Status
Not open for further replies.