• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
With that Meme bout the left and right, all that shows me Is that the right was always alt-right and nazi's and thats why they didn't have to move at all,

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
He's just Trump 2. He has a cult or terrible people following him, and so long as those terrible people heap praise on him for being terrible, he will continue.
I can see how they share similar personality flaws.

Why can't the super rich just fick off somewhere and be happy? I'm sure that a lot do but there's far too many of these Trump/Musk types that just can't seem to enjoy their lives without bringing unneeded misery to others.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I can see how they share similar personality flaws.

Why can't the super rich just fick off somewhere and be happy? I'm sure that a lot do but there's far too many of these Trump/Musk types that just can't seem to enjoy their lives without bringing unneeded misery to others.

Because the sociopathic tendencies that makes someone a billionaire do this to them. They can never be happy.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think Grimes leaving him has broken him mentally. To see that on top of everything she has remade her life with a trans woman...

TBF, Musk has been with multiple women and has previous ex-wives. Grimes was a natural progression of his behavior of wanting to be 'an alpha', paraphrased from one of his ex-wives.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
TBF, Musk has been with multiple women and has previous ex-wives. Grimes was a natural progression of his behavior of wanting to be 'an alpha', paraphrased from one of his ex-wives.
Exactly. Think what it does in the mind of an "alpha" like him that his ex-wife is now happy with a trans woman. The """humiliation""" must be unbearable for him. His toxic ass just can't handle it

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly feel if it all goes through that Trump will not be unbanned. Not because of free speech or anything, but Elon is getting so much more attention now. If Trump comes back the attention will shift. Elon loves attention.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Because the sociopathic tendencies that makes someone a billionaire do this to them. They can never be happy.
I feel like this gets forgotten because of the way Capitalism is celebrated in western society but it really is against human nature to have the need to hoard so much for yourself. Humanity would never have made it out of early tribalism had that been the case. It's just crazy how revered these folks become for exemplifying the worst possible greed.

RobotHaus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mars University
Exactly. Think what it does in the mind of an "alpha" like him that his ex-wife is now happy with a trans woman. The """humiliation""" must be unbearable for him. His toxic ass just can't handle it
I've always thought that mass scale humiliation is the key to putting all the general assholes of the world into check. Make them look not nearly as powerful to their base and they lose a lot of power.

Of course you run the risk that they have to double down even harder. But ideally they would have lost influence to the point where they start to fizzle into obscurity.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I've always thought that mass scale humiliation is the key to putting all the general assholes of the world into check. Make them look not nearly as powerful to their base and they lose a lot of power.

Of course you run the risk that they have to double down even harder. But ideally they would have lost influence to the point where they start to fizzle into obscurity.
I think that it's just simpler to tax them so hard that nobody has that kind of individual power. He would be the same asshole loser but he would be shouting in 8chan.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
www.nytimes.com

Opinion | Is Elon Musk Really That Bad? (Published 2022)

His products are good for customers and good for the world.
There is also something straightforwardly inspiring about Musk's story. After a troubled childhood in South Africa, he immigrated first to Canada and then to the United States, put himself through college and made his own fortune through unending hard work and in pursuit of ambitions far grander than slapping "like" buttons all over the web.

It's so great to see the NYT standing up for the little guy like that. Speak truth to power!

Oct 27, 2017
It wild seeing his conservative shit posts getting 100s of thousands or even a million likes. Didn't realize there were that many chuds on Twitter

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
My great great great grandfather started this company with one single rickety leaky hand-crafted slave ship, and a simple motto: "People Selling People to People".

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He came to America with only a dream. A dream and the family fortune of an emerald mine where black miners were exploited during apartheid.
I am sorry but did you just disagreed with NYT?

His is not an empire built on inheritance, dumb luck, monopoly or, subsidies notwithstanding, insider access. Indeed, his businesses seek to undermine some of the most harmful and politically entrenched industries on the planet, among them defense contractors, utilities, oil companies and combustion-engine automakers.

it's the paper of record how dare you! it is a danger to democracy to not believe everything you read in the papers.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Cripes, what an asshole.

His replies are exactly what he wants, too. A few reasonable people pointing out that factually, this is wrong as hell, and then thousands of slathering morons posting "u mad?" and "king elon" shit.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I am sorry but did you just disagreed with NYT?

it's the paper of record how dare you! it is a danger to democracy to not believe everything you read in the papers.
His is not an empire built on inheritance, dumb luck, monopoly or, subsidies notwithstanding, insider access.
qm8tUe9.gif

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Musk is really replying and agreeing with the likes of Ben Shapiro and Steven Crowder on Twitter. Truly illustrious minds.

Really all that needs to be said. He is going to turn Twitter into an even more toxic cesspool than it already is.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Musk is going to run twitter into the ground. He wants going to do to twitter with a buyout what Peter Thiel did to gawker with a lawsuit in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.