• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
untitled-1ltj7r.png

Topics on which to mediate and reflect, on this holiest of days...

Was Andromeda really that bad?
Was it worse than Mass Effect 3's ending?
Do you ever get tired at being angry at video games?
Is there any hope for this franchise?
Will you give EA and BioWare your hard earned cash money for a Mass Effect Trilogy port?
Are you annoyed it still wont come to Switch?

Music to aid in reminiscing over the series.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Look, EA. I have an N7 wallet. Literally, a wallet with the N7 insignia on it. Inside it, there is cash.

I want to give you that cash, but only if you provide me a trilogy remaster. I'll double dip that sucker, triple too if it's on Switch as well. And I say that as someone who owns all three games already across PS3, Xbox 360 (and thus already can play them on Xbox One) and PC.

GIMMIE WHAT I WANT.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
There is a big hole left here, there is really nothing like ME anymore. All the theories, the hype, the aftetmath of me3, there is really not that many games people cared that much for ever. Mass effect was a big deal and then it was just gone. Huge mistakes were made.
I dont think those days will come back. I like to be wrong about that though.

Oct 27, 2017
Bought a X360 for Mass Effect, didn't end up enjoying it and dropped it after a half dozen hours.
Played ME2 just because why the hell not and became one of my favourite games of the generation.
Played ME3, which was competent but a disappointment overall.

Was cautiously optimistic about Andromeda but inbetween BOTW, Nier Automata and Persona 5, didn't end up buying it. I'd say I've dodged a bullet there.

Still, play Mass Effect 2, it's excellent.

Was Andromeda really that bad? Dunno didn't play it but consensus says so.
Was it worse than Mass Effect 3's ending? See above.
Do you ever get tired at being angry at video games? Never. What else would I do in downtime inbetween games.
Is there any hope for this franchise? I think not, alas.
Will you give EA and BioWare your hard earned cash money for a Mass Effect Trilogy port? Nope don't care, PC versions exists.
Are you annoyed it still wont come to Switch? Nope, don't care personnally.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
I just wanna replay ME2 on PS4 with upscaled res.

Was Andromeda really that bad? Yes. It started out boring, ended out boring. Nothing, not even combat was interesting.

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I just wanna replay ME2 on PS4 with upscaled res.

I wrote this in another N7Day-thread, but the trilogy remastered on modern consoles would be my dream announcement. And after EA's latest information that they will look into "re-releasing fan favorites" I'm somewhat hopeful, when in reality I should just accept that nothing of value will happen today. :(

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not expecting anything today… And yes, Andromeda was worse than Mass Effect 3.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Are they actually going to do an N7 Day this year? It seems wild that they even did one last year. Like, bruh, you killed that shit. It's dead. You even dug it up and killed it again. Why are we pretending?

OP
OP
EatChildren

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
BioWare has acknowledged N7 Day, this holiest of holidays, still exists.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
They created such a wonderful universe of characters and races in the trilogy a remaster of those games would keep me going without the need for a new game at this point.
Andromeda was a mess no doubt,I have no idea how they would take the series forward now tbh.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
I wrote this in another N7Day-thread, but the trilogy remastered on modern consoles would be my dream announcement. And after EA's latest information that they will look into "re-releasing fan favorites" I'm somewhat hopeful, when in reality I should just accept that nothing of value will happen today. :(
Yea, just mentioned ME2 because it's still the best one in the series imo. Trilogy is nice for the complete picture though. Personally started with ME2 because I had a PS3 and ME wasn't available on that system. Played ME years later on PC, but it didn't age well imo. ME2 still plays pretty well years later. ME3 was alright but.. It's a situation where you don't want to keep playing because you don't want it to end.

Lookig at it today it feels like everyone already knew deep down that this was the end for the franchise.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Remember Remember the Seventh of November,
Andromeda's problems & Fault.
I know of no reason why the seventh of November,
Shall ever be forgot.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
*sigh*

Here we go again, EA

One last N7 before the generation ends

Give it to us

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I still need to finish ME2.
I got fairly far, but then I got sidetracked doing the sidequest/I think it was DLC stuff.

Nov 8, 2017
Speak thy name, ye who hath summoned me

Alright let's get this show on the road.

Gameplay:
Mass Effect 3 > Mass Effect 2 >>> Mass Effect

Story:
Mass Effect >>> Mass Effect 2 >= Mass Effect 3

Characters:
Mass Effect 2 >>> Mass Effect >= Mass Effect 3

Basic facts:
  • Mordin, Garrus and Legion are the top 3 waifus in no particular order.
  • The Asari are the worst species in the whole series, their design and concept is just awful on every level.
  • Joker / EDI romance was a crime against sentience
  • The Mako suuuucks.
  • The series overall had some really good DLC missions
  • I can't goddamn believe they gave us a living Prothean and then relegated that to a day-one DLC pack that came with the special edition. What the hell lol.
  • Andromeda? I don't know her.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Will you give EA and BioWare your hard earned cash money for a Mass Effect Trilogy port?
1. it wasnt bad, post bugfixes it was an enjoyable game.
2. No, it wasnt, nor was ME3s ending as bad as the internet wants to make it out to be.
3.I am never angry at videogames, just at stupid videogamers.
4. Hope never dies, and even if it does, 20 years later it will be back.
5. Of course, especially if they rework me1 for real this time.
6. It will come to switch.

Brought to you by my favorite controversial opinions on the citadel.

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017
In the year 2148, explorers on Mars discovered the remains of an ancient spacefaring civilization. In the decades that followed, these mysterious artifacts revealed startling new technologies, enabling travel to the furthest stars. The basis for this incredible technology was a force that controlled the very fabric of space and time. They called it the greatest discovery in human history. The civilizations of the galaxy call it... MASS EFFECT.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Nice day to announce those remasters innit?
The other day I booted ME2 on my X just to play the intro and as an excuse to look at my xbox360 special edition contents once more. Shit, that intro, man.
Loved Andrómeda to a certain degree. But I don't know if I'd prefer a sequel, a remake of the trilogy, or a different spin off for the next project in the ME universe (apart from mandatory trilogy remasters in each and every coming generation). I hope bluepoint are working on a recent SotC level trilogy remake (lol).

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Yes, No, No, No, No, No.

That was easy.

Also Mass Effect 1 was the best in the series.

AwesomeSauce

Oct 25, 2017
I still need to finish my play through of ME3.

Love the series and i was really enjoying my time with the 3rd game, but my hard drive crapped out and i was left with a save that I can't continue cause i had a crap ton of mods installed. I forgot what i installed too 😩

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still blows my mind that EA became the "No remaster" publisher.

The Mass Effect trilogy showing up on current gen consoles seemed like a given and it's really not going to happen. Wild. I'd replay those games again. Exploring the Citadel at the beginning of the first Mass Effect was magical. I just wanted to learn everything about that world.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Speak thy name, ye who hath summoned me

Alright let's get this show on the road.

Gameplay:
Mass Effect 3 > Mass Effect 2 >>> Mass Effect

Story:
Mass Effect >>> Mass Effect 2 >= Mass Effect 3

Characters:
Mass Effect 2 >>> Mass Effect >= Mass Effect 3

Basic facts:
  • Mordin, Garrus and Legion are the top 3 waifus in no particular order.
  • The Asari are the worst species in the whole series, their design and concept is just awful on every level.
  • Joker / EDI romance was a crime against sentience
  • The Mako suuuucks.
  • The series overall had some really good DLC missions
  • I can't goddamn believe they gave us a living Prothean and then relegated that to a day-one DLC pack that came with the special edition. What the hell lol.
  • Andromeda? I don't know her.

Why is this post so true to a level that shouldn't be possible for mere humans?

Are you a God?

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The Mass Effect trilogy is my second favourite trilogy ever! The first being LittleBigPlanet 1, 2 and 3!

I would love to see some kind of direct sequel to Mass Effect 3!

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Checked out very early in ME3 once that dumbass kid was introduced. Fortunately the multiplayer was dope

Leave the series in the trash and remaster the multiplayer, EA!

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Never played it, but I enjoy the drama surrounds it + hilarious videos & GIFs.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I can't remember the last time I was angry at video games...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe.
Don't care to be honest.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I remember once on N7 day during a Bioware stream I won the raffle for a ton of Mass Effect swag. I messaged them about it and they never got back to me. Rude

Jokes on them, I bought an N7 hat instead. Oh, wait

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing through Andromeda for the first time the last few days and it seems like a perfectly serviceable Mass Effect game. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will always have so many good memories from this series.

Hopefully we'll get a Trilogy Remaster eventually.

Last edited:

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Andromeda wasn't that bad, it was just a game that is brought down because it's meant follow up mass effect 1 and 2.

It's better than mass effect 3 though. I wasn't left angry after beating it, just... Uncaring?