• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Found leaked images of the endings for all the S ranks and all the characters that can be paired with both f!Byleth and m!Byleth don't even show them with Byleth at all where all the opposite sex pairings have the image showing some sort of moment with Byleth.

IS literally couldn't even be bothered to show some sort of romantic image with the same sex pairings.
Just gets better and better lmao

so i found CHRISTOPHER NIOSIs twitter but no email or form of private communication with the man but his support would help IS take this more seriously if it does reach them
He's an abuser and shouldn't have even been cast, his help isn't worth seeking.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
Oh wow, so there isn't any same-sex S support specific images that feature the MC in them at all? Yikes.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Well, Pretty much The Main Problem Is That The developers didn't have The LGBT Representation in their mind in the first place.

Focus on Yuri (a straight male cup of tea) proof that they didn't care about male x male.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Found leaked images of the endings for all the S ranks and all the characters that can be paired with both f!Byleth and m!Byleth don't even show them with Byleth at all where all the opposite sex pairings have the image showing some sort of moment with Byleth.

IS literally couldn't even be bothered to show some sort of romantic image with the same sex pairings.

hgsYO32.png
This is even worse than I expected.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club

hgsYO32.png
I have to laugh

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Okay, after looking at the full album of S rank images myself, there are a whole lot of straight support images that also do not feature Byleth. The couplings that do show enough of Byleth where you can see whether it's the male or female version are probably in the minority, so it's not really as big a deal as it sounded.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

hgsYO32.png
Holy shit.

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018
Okay, after looking at the full album of S rank images myself, there are a whole lot of straight support images that also do not feature Byleth. The couplings that do show enough of Byleth where you can see whether it's the male or female version are probably in the minority, so it's not really as big a deal as it sounded.
Yeah I think that too. But it a bit weird that only linhardt have a speacial background for the scene.

Hanuli

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
I think Linhardt's image looks way better than the others, even if Byleth isn't on it. The lighting makes the character art look better I think? For many other images the art style looks completely different from the character portraits.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I think Linhardt's image looks way better than the others, even if Byleth isn't on it. The lighting makes the character art look better I think? For many other images the art style looks completely different from the character portraits.
Agreed, some of these images look... not so great. Ingrid and Edelgard in particular, imo. Speaking of Edelgard, I actually just noticed that she has one where she's holding male Byleth's gloved hand and another where she's holding female Byleth's bare hand.

kotorithebirb

Jul 23, 2019
Agreed, some of these images look... not so great. Ingrid and Edelgard in particular, imo. Speaking of Edelgard, I actually just noticed that she has one where she's holding male Byleth's gloved hand and another where she's holding female Byleth's bare hand.
so jared you said you didnt want M/byleth voice actor involved then who if we want a substansial change to happen we need some kind of prominent figure

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
so jared you said you didnt want M/byleth voice actor involved then who if we want a substansial change to happen we need some kind of prominent figure
Idk, I'm not really sure we need one of the voice actors talking about it to get attention, it would be a bigger deal for sites like Kotaku or Polygon run articles on it. I'm not so sure any of the voice actors would even stick their necks out and start criticizing the game they're currently promoting over this, but Joe Zieja and Chris Hackney (Claud and Dimitri) seem to be the ones interacting with fans the most right now so perhaps them.

kotorithebirb

Jul 23, 2019
Idk, I'm not really sure we need one of the voice actors talking about it to get attention, it would be a bigger deal for sites like Kotaku or Polygon run articles on it. I'm not so sure any of the voice actors would even stick their necks out and start criticizing the game they're currently promoting over this, but Joe Zieja and Chris Hackney (Claud and Dimitri) seem to be the ones interacting with fans the most right now so perhaps them.
i think joe zieja would be our best bet as being claudes voice actor would probably help the most

kotorithebirb

Jul 23, 2019
but yeah kotaku and polygon would help alot im also trying to spread the petition around youtube but not much luck yet ill just have to wait for new videos to come out and them talk about the petition

kotorithebirb

Jul 23, 2019
Itd be great if we could all just try to spread it all around

Feb 24, 2018
Also sorry I should have asked this in my previous comment but I'm assuming the game has no NB romance options (do any FE games do?) and when it comes to the romances themselves, do any of the come close to be as creepy or uncomfortable as some of Fates romances like that one they had to change for the western release cause of that whole drugging a woman to make them see a man as woman?

Fire Emblem is one of those series I've wanted to give a try but stuff like (is it true you disadvangted in Fates if you don't have different sex pairing because of the lack of Children or is that me misunderstanding?) has turned me off the series which is a shame because I like Luciana in Smash and wanted to see her in action in her own game series.

Oct 29, 2017
So with the heavy focus on gay men in this thread, I'm assuming the female MC has pretty much all the male MCs romance choices for women but then also all the men as well? This is some bullshit.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
ok so right now im reaching out to several youtube communities including mangs and his fans so well see if they help also also ive reached out to lily orchard her community would love to help theyre very supportive of the lgbt fandoms
so i found CHRISTOPHER NIOSIs twitter but no email or form of private communication with the man but his support would help IS take this more seriously if it does reach them

Assuming this isn't a troll account: I hope you know that Mangs is a homophobe (there are streams of him naming weapons the f-word), and Chris Niosi is a serial abuser.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So with the heavy focus on gay men in this thread, I'm assuming the female MC has pretty much all the male MCs romance choices for women but then also all the men as well? This is some bullshit.

Women have 5 bisexual options, which says a lot about the dev's priorities wrt the same sex romances.

I don't get why everyone should be gay in a videogame.

gee sure would be nice if we could find a middle ground between "everybody is gay" and literally ONE dude is bi

and for the record please make everybody gay in the future

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017

Nah, the female MC only has 5 FxF pairings. It's notably more than the lone 1 MxM pairing, but both still pale in comparison to how many straight options the MC gets. They're both bullshit, it's just that it's egregiously so for male gay options.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
I don't get why everyone should be gay in a videogame.

We are all different people and some want more gay options; I can't really blame them. Personally, if Lindhart was the only gay option I would be fine with the decision; I'm mostly dissapointed in the clear bait that I currently can only find malicious, and the difference between just how many f/f supports there are and how narratively important these characters are compared to the gay option. All together, it just appears at least skeevy, one way or another.

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Misrepresenting and dismissing concerns around LGBT representation, ableist slur
I see that kind of critics completely out of the box and sterile.
I would be completly happy if no character would have sexualization or no character being either gay or etero at all.
A good game is good no matter the sexualization of a character.

If your favourite character is not gay you can write a fan fiction, you should not rant to the developer because of it.
They are free to do whenever they want, as much as you are free to not buy them products.

Say how they should do them work is completly retarded.

TanookiTom

Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
I see that kind of critics completely out of the box and sterile.
I would be completly happy if no character would have sexualization or no character being either gay or etero at all.
A good game is good no matter the sexualization of a character.

If your favourite character is not gay you can write a fan fiction, you should not rant to the developer because of it.
They are free to do whenever they want, as much as you are free to not buy them products.

Say how they should do them work is completly retarded.

Yeah well then no there shouldn't have been any romance options in the game available in the first place.
But as it is, and as many users in this thread have pointed out, it's quite clear that IS has put the very bare minimum effort in trying to offer m/m romance options.

And this is not even about sexualization by the way... Romance has been a core feature of Fire Emblem games for a while now, so I find your comment quite dismissive.

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
Just because one or two users are being unrealistic, don't let it undermine the point of the discussion. Though, that post and your use of slurs really doesn't make it seem like you want to have a discussion in the first place.

I'm open to any kind of criticism.
But not the ones i have seen and still seeing over the FE community in the last years about "Oh my X character doens't have enough fanservice, i want more"
And now this..

A clear criticism can be really helpfull to both delevoper and communities to create something new, but what i see there it's just a high level of toxicity, blasting the developers and call them out to be sexist or hatefull/disrespectfull towards sexual genders.
Thing that is not clearly the case.
We are even talking about a product you can't not even put your hands on right now...

R.D.Blax

Oct 26, 2017
So basically the romance portion of this game is just a dating simulator for hetero people, with just some scrap given to those who want lesbian love, and one pity option for the boy's loving crowd ? And none of them get an art with clear depiction of same sex romance ? What a fucking joke really. Not sure if they are just coward, don't care, or just insensitive( intentionally or not. Well, at least we don't get any gay conversion support this time right ? Guess that an improvement...

wxMak

Oct 27, 2017
After looking at them all I noticed it too. It just would be nice if they could at least show Byleth for some of the pairings.

Like I see Felix x F!Byleth and something like that would've been nice for me.

Nov 13, 2017
Question: Can I get S Support with Lindhart regardless of what house I choose? Now that Claude isn't gay, I'm more interested in the red team.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say it's really crappy that they haven't moved beyond scraps of representation for m/m (and the w/w isn't that much better). I wasn't all that interested in this game but might have picked it up some months down the road like some of the previous FEs, my friend is pretty bummed about this though.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Huh I'm reading Lin's support and of course it's super gender neutral. They couldn't even make the one m/m romance different depending on gender =/
Now THAT'S fucking grating.
It was just disappointing to me that he seems to be the only male romance option for M!Byleth (even though he's 100% who I'd go with even if there were more options)... But that they can't even bother to at least change it even a little?

I guess maybe he could be pansexual because I myself am and I wouldn't really see any difference in how I'd court or date someone regardless of gender... But I think that's just giving them too much credit.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
So apparently dataminers found that Claude and Raphael were going to have same sex S supports that got cut in the final game. Someone on Serenes is claiming as much anyway. Haven't read anything from dataminers myself, but this keeps getting worse.

Bobcat Fancy

Jul 21, 2019
Interested to see if this is true but happy to wait. Why do they think this? I'm sure it'll come out one way or another.

Claude would have been nice. If I were God-Emperor of games the Blue Lions guys and Caspar would be queer because their post-timeskip haircuts are fine to ideal. Unfortunately I am not. 😔

Worst case scenario in terms of disappointing me about this game is IS says they hear our complaints in a few months and are like, "fine, we're sorry, we're trying to fix it... [some hours, days, or weeks later] Gilbert Would now. 🙂" Don't see it happening, though.

(happy for anyone who would want that, of course)

SuperJohnny

Alt account
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
So apparently dataminers found that Claude and Raphael were going to have same sex S supports that got cut in the final game. Someone on Serenes is claiming as much anyway. Haven't read anything from dataminers myself, but this keeps getting worse.
Is it possible the game was rushed and they will be added with a free patch?