• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I do an acre with a push mower. Takes me about 2 hrs. I haaaate it.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Not sure how big my yard is but it generally takes about two hours. I honestly enjoy it.

(At least on a tractor, I've had to push mow it a few times. Never again.. lol)

Macheezmo

Oct 25, 2017
About .25 acres. I'm rarely home and my wife has a grass allergy so we just pay $35 every two weeks to get mowing/trimming done. Worth it.

phaeb

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
best-robot-lawnmower.jpg
What's so special about this device?

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I push mow for 1 hour a week and I fucking hate it. All my neighbors have lawn services, but I refuse to spend the money!

Pagusas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frisco, Tx
.9 acres, but all the front and side yards are mowed by our HOA, and we just took up the majority of our backyard with an in ground pool, so very little to mow :)

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Live in an apartment now, and even growing up in the suburbs, I think the house I grew up in was only like an eighth of an acre for the whole lot, including the house. Mowing took like 10 minutes with a push mower. The idea of acres and riding mowers just feels crazy.

ClydeBonFrog

Apr 17, 2018
I have around 3 acres, but most of that is heavy woods, so only about an acre of it needs mowed, that takes me around an hour/hour and half. I use one of those four wheel drive honda push mowers, gets the job done and it isn't too tiring.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Living in an apartment, I'm glad I don't have to do it anymore. It's horrible for the environment too.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Here in SoCal, literally almost nobody mows their own lawns.

Deleted member 8683

User requested account closure
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Don't have a lawn as I live in an apartment, but when I get a house down the line I'll definitely get a bot. After my parents got one, I could never see myself having to mow the lawn manually again.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Arond 2/3 acre myself, rest is woods.

Ego lawn mower gets the job done, if i keep up with the growth i can do it in a single battery.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Reminds me of that thread in the old place where it started out a guy complaining about having to have his trees cut down then proceeded to show pictures of his ridiculous mansion and grounds!

We have a small front and rear law (suburban uk) I have to admit I don't know what an acre even amounts to
He wasn't complaining about cutting down trees, he was complaining because the tree company wanted to charge him extra to keep his own damn wood.

Anyway we have 5 acres but 4 of it is hay so someone else mows and bales it. I mow the rest but my mower broke today. I'm less than pleased it has less than 24 hours on it and I will have to have had it serviced twice now.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
2 acres so it takes my about 2.5 hours on my rider. I have a lot of trees and a pond to mow around. I absolutely love mowing the yard. It's peaceful and nobody bothers me. Put my headphones in and go

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
Have about an acre. Takes about an hour on the riding mower, can't even imagine doing that much area with a push mower like some in this thread. Getting grass to grow in the first place is half the problem, most of it is a mixture of weeds, various grasses and moss. Spent the spring aerating, liming, and fertilizing. Have also had to take down a bunch of trees, either because they fell or just died and were in awkward spots. All in all, mowing is the easiest job I have when it comes to property maintenance.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
I live in a townhouse lmao.
However, I seem to live in the only townhouse in this neighborhood that has prickly, spiny ass bushes, so that's kind of a pain. It's unbelievable how quickly they grow.

The guys who do the grass and shrubbery around here are all hilarious to talk to, though, so it's cool when I come home and one of them is laying down mulch or whatever.

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
I normally mow my parents and my grandmother's yards. Don't have my own. I always hate the idea of mowing until I actually do it and then I enjoy the alone time with my thoughts. It's actually really calming.

sonofsamsonite

The one who likes mustard
Nov 1, 2017
I have a small lawn and I pay a company to mow it. I used to mow it myself with a push mower and it took about 30 minutes.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Single acre done with a push mower. I'll move to a ride on when my current mower dies, but I really don't mind using the self propelled Honda. This year has been easy in the northeast all things considered. We didn't have much of a spring (when I'm mowing every other day or every three days depending on rain) and once per week is all that's needed to keep things tidy. Last year we had steady rain up until August.

Been having a lot of fun with striping this year.

OP
OP
Jarrod38

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the bump but we finally got our zero turn lawnmower and I used it just to get the hang of it and damn I already like it.