• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
PS9

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It really didn't go both ways; an agent of the Secret Service put down a terrorist attempting to breach a barricade with high level government officials behind it. The police didn't do shit to even prevent these fascists getting to the front door.
Eh, she got the trial by combat she was looking for.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
So what happens when a competent white MAGA terrorist group storms the next government building and executes a few Dems? They're more likely to than minorities at this point.

At this point? More like ever. America's greatest danger isn't and will never be minorities. It's always and will forever be white supremacists.

Your country was nearly brought to it's knees by some crackers upset because their orange man told them the election was a fraud. Thankfully they were far far too stupid to actually get anything accomplished but it just shows you just how little this country focuses on the real terrorist groups because it's too focused on PoC because the country still thinks the slaves will rebel, kill everyone and implement reverse slavery

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine the intro sequence to the next MGS game is just going to be snake putting on a red hat and walking down the jetway to the next delta flight to DC

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Someone undermanned the security on that day. No doubt about it. Whether is was negligence or on purpose, my bet, heads need to roll. Many people's lives were in real danger that day and had the mob been faster and better prepared we would at best had a hostage situation and at worst be reading about the lynchings of Pelosi, AOC, and all the other people on those extremists hit lists.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I think we need to collectively not be surprised when, in a few week's time, there's a WaPo story revealing that the WH coordinated with members of capitol security and the rally-goers to get them in the building and "send a message".

Oct 30, 2017
Someone undermanned the security on that day. No doubt about it. Whether is was negligence or on purpose, my bet, heads need to roll. Many people's lives were in real danger that day and had the mob been a faster and better prepared we would at best had a hostage situation and at worst be reading about the lynchings of Pelosi, AOC, and all the other people on those extremists hit lists.
Yeah.

We are lucky this didn't go down so much worse. The mob mentality absolutely wanted blood.

There were weapons, wrist ties, and adjacent explosives for a reason.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
The racial element was only part of the equation of fuckery, it's also the fact that they were MAGA. If it was white people who could be branded as ANTIFA the hammer would have been brought down on em.

You need both, a majority of black people or brown people with MAGA hats trying to storm the Capitol is getting wrecked and reminded where they truly stand in the hierarchy.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
This is security when black people were protesting away from the capitol for George Floyd:

210106172554-03-blm-george-floyd-protests-file-super-169.jpg

It was not a lapse. Trump let it happen and some of those cops were in on it. You could tell because some of them were taking pictures or just watching while others looked genuinely terrified. And once Trump's hand was forced when the security forces were released in full, they squashed that shit quickly and easily.
For sure. Whether or not you want to believe cops were in on it or just incredibly ill prepared because white=good guys... they LET it happen. Doesnt really matter if intentionally. The second the dipshits were met with the slightest force, they exited like it was a fire drill.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
The US is prepped against foreign enemies, not the country stabbing itself in the foot

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
No, what happened yesterday was to deliberately not do anything until it got completely out of hand. If it was a real foreign threat you would have seen an immediate military response. That and their skin was not dark enough.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They're only vulnerable when the people responsible for protecting those sites deliberately look the other way, like they did yesterday.

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017
I hope Liberal white people dont think they can just waltz in a pull this shit off. The racism is real but this was allowed to happen by Trump. there is a reason Pence had to step in and mobilize the national guard and its because trump wanted this shit to go down. He needs to be arrested and every single racist white trump supporter/cop needs to be dragged in as well.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020
Texas
Maybe it is good these weaknesses were exposed to security can be ramped up before something major happens. Also, I believe that these people could have been stopped if they really wanted to stop them. There needs to be an investigation into this. Wouldn't be surprised to hear that Trump allowed it to happen and we know he declined to send in the National Guard when he should have.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
it is funny how the Cold War had people more on their toes than casual racism and a religious xenophobia could manage. The Soviets sent scores of people of all ages, but post 9/11 they're only on the lookout for anyone brown walking faster than usual.

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
Man if anything all those fictional stories overestimated their paper tissue depiction of US security.

Oct 27, 2017

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Our military generally isn't pointed inward. I see the defense spending being brought up a lot, but it's kind of red herring because the attack came from within. Should a foreign power attack us, though, they'll be looking at $700 billion of revenge coming their way.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I think you guys need to take into consideration that the cops there were allowing it to happen because they all believed in the same shit. We saw this happening, one was gingerly helping a Trumper, who broke inside, down the steps of the capitol. We saw what the presence looked like in preparation for BLM. And if an foreign operative tried staging this, it would likely be snuffed out before they got anywhere near as close. The issue is our intelligence still isn't treating organized MAGA as terrorists and that when they do show up, law enforcement only pretends to work.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Uh, maybe you should consider sending that money inward then....
I don't disagree or make any judgments about whether how it is is actually a good idea, but that's just how I see it being. Look at what happened after 9/11 and how we ripped apart a whole region just to go after one guy.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
One of the hallmarks of our system/capital is it's accessibility as a citizen... while there was a huge failure yesterday and adjustments need to be made to ensure safety, I'm not in a rush to give them support to lockdown the capital from their constituents.

Capital security and police exist for a reason, the national security in charge of keeping the capital safe failed and those root causes need to addressed.

This is also in part because of a president (and republicans sitting in the capital) inciting a mob of stupid... Trump knowingly or not so knowingly exploits our way of governing. That may require adapting for the future but I'm not so willing to change everything because one president was a stain in our history.