• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Your favorite evil goalie is 73 today
bf3928dcbbad4e74c241f43ba3dc3a503572184f_00.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Aine

May 27, 2019
Shouldn't Jason be retired by now? Doing his job for so long, he deserves to rest at a beach home or something.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Shouldn't Jason be retired by now? Doing his job for so long, he deserves to rest at a beach home or something.

He hasn't killed anyone since 2009 thanks to rights disputes and law suits, I'm sure he's getting bored of doing nothing at this point. He might be looking into getting a job as a Walmart greeter or something just so he has an excuse to get out of the house.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
For all its bugs and issues, I absolutely loved the game and I love the franchise.

It's a damn shame we won't be seeing any updates on either front for awhile.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the 2009 Friday movie any good?

Also for a moment I kept thinking it was rebooted in the past couple of years when I was thinking of Halloween, which, with that said, I'm wondering if it's any good as well.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
bf3928dcbbad4e74c241f43ba3dc3a503572184f_00.gif

I'm not sure I'd want another Friday the 13th after the 2009 sucked-after-the-first-10-minutes film. But the fan film Don't Hike Alone was apparently pretty good.

Well then, happy B-Day to my favorite cinematic slasher. Could use a good machete kill to celebrate.

I got you covered.

Friday-the-13th-Part-2-jason-voorhees-25856434-500-285.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z-Beat

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Also for a moment I kept thinking it was rebooted in the past couple of years when I was thinking of Halloween, which, with that said, I'm wondering if it's any good as well.
Halloween was rebooted 2 (technically 3) times.

Theres the first 6, then H20 which takes place after 2 and removes the other 4 from canon, then the Rob Zombie 1 and 2, then the newest one that takes place after the first and removes the rest from canon.

So there are 3 Halloween 2's and 2 Halloween 1' but one of the Halloweens is actually Halloween 2

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Halloween was rebooted 2 (technically 3) times.

Theres the first 6, then H20 which takes place after 2 and removes the other 4 from canon, then the Rob Zombie 1 and 2, then the newest one that takes place after the first and removes the rest from canon.

So there are 3 Halloween 2's and 2 Halloween 1' but one of the Halloweens is actually Halloween 2
I meant the most recent movie, specifically. Was wondering whether I should see it.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017

Poor guy basically is retired. :(

Yes, it's good. General reception is majority positive with a smaller portion disliking it. I personally love it, but the original movie is incredibly dear to me. It was already mentioned above but having a good knowledge of the original will help with your enjoying of the new one. It takes an analytical approach to the original's script (and the entire series really) and further explores its themes, characterizations, events of the plot, etc.; and how those events shaped the characters and town 40 years later. Despite loving it, it's not perfect as it tries to cram in too much, but it's worth checking out.

Carpenter's new score is fucking killer though.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Poor guy basically is retired. :(

Yes, it's good. General reception is majority positive with a smaller portion disliking it. I personally love it, but the original movie is incredibly dear to me. It was already mentioned above but having a good knowledge of the original will help with your enjoying of the new one. It takes an analytical approach to the original's script (and the entire series really) and further explores its themes, characterizations, events of the plot, etc.; and how those events shaped the characters and town 40 years later. Despite loving it, it's not perfect as it tries to cram in too much, but it's worth checking out.

Carpenter's new score is fucking killer though.
Gracias. I'll have to watch the original then.

BourbonAFC

Oct 26, 2017
I was going to watch a Friday the 13th movie tonight because I thought, "Well, close enough."

Now I have a better excuse.