• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RightChandMan

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I want the theater industry to continue to succeed. I love the movie theater experience and I love my A-List subscription. One of the best values ever.

I worked on The Hunt and was disappointed to see it bomb, but understandably so given the current pandemic.

In this rare instance, I am happy to see it go VOD so quickly. Very proud of the work we did. My name made the credits!

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like seeing movies in the theater for the picture quality and sound but everything else (usually other people) are fucking terrible so I'm more than happy if some version of this keeps going into the future.

Will pay $20 to watch Black Widow from the comfort of my home

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
source.gif
tenor.gif

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That's great! Definitely gonna watch The Invisible Man but haven't heard about the other.

OP
OP
Nov 13, 2017
I do love my AMC A-List. I have an incredible 4K tv but my apartment is small and my roomies would hate me if I got a good sound system.

Deleted member 3761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are we headed for a future where only blockbusters get theatrical releases and everything else is a "premium VOD rental" day one?

I'm in.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Def checking out Hunt and Invisible Man while playing AC this weekend.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I wonder if Promising Young Woman and Antebellum might get VOD releases next month. Neither is likely to be a big box office hit and they might benefit from everyone being stuck indoors.

With Onward tanking at the B.O. it might be worth Disney putting it on Disney+ within the next few weeks, especially with the European launch next week.

Nah, this is the first step to movies being devalued to the level of music. Unless they have a fool proof way to prevent piracy this isn't gonna make nearly enough to make this system viable outside of a pandemic.

I'm not so sure, really. Almost none of my Star Wars fan friends have gone to the "effort" to torrent/stream The Mandalorian despite 4K rips being available for like 3 months, even though D+ isn't out in the UK. Your average shmoe can't be bothered.

I watch about 120 movies in cinemas per year but I would gladly watch all low/mid-budget movies on VOD, saving the cinema for just the big blockbusters instead. People are annoying as fuck and when you combine travel + trailers, you can spend like 3 hours of your day to watch a 90 minute movie lmao.

Last edited:

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Are we headed for a future where only blockbusters get theatrical releases and everything else is a "premium VOD rental" day one?

I'm in.
I really hope not. I love watching smaller stuff in the cinema, more than blockbusters (mostly because I dislike most big blockbusters). Those movies not getting a cinema release anymore would be a big loss for the film industry IMO.

Also, if anyone needs the money from theatrical runs it's the smaller distributors and producers.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like this but 20 dollars is too expensive for me. It's a good price for couples for sure, but as an A-list user and a frugal person otherwise, it's a hard sell. As a person who tried to see a movie or two a week with A-list, I can't spend 80-160 dollars a month on new releases. I won't watch one movie at that price. Long term it really doesn't make sense for single people, which sucks.

Oct 25, 2017
This won't have any long term effects because of the piracy problem. A theater release is the best form of DRM ever because the only pirated copies available during a theatrical run will be shitty cam rips.

If you have day-1 home video releases, you also get 4K flawless pirated copies day-1.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodshot on the 24th too. I'm loving this.

while I don't see it likely I'd love for Disney to just say fuck it and put Onward on D+

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't the same argument apply for The Witcher, The Mandalorian, Westworld, and the likes? They're just as prone to piracy, yet they're obviously doing well for their respective streaming services.

There's more money involved when you're paying per movie/show vs a monthly service.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
They are out on VUDU.

dHQ9j6G.jpg

edit: sorry i am dumb, vudu changed their homepage to a banner for them so i just figured they were out, but still asking for a preorder. probably will be up soon.