• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
And how is he getting 30 million, lol. If he was so coveted why did he sign with the Bucks for a measily 3.3 million last year?
He wasn't coveted. Coach bud found a way to maximize his skillset in this modern NBA, that's why people are now realizing how big of an asset he was. He was also not considered a volume 3pt shooter. Even tho he was taking a lot of them, I remember last season Lakers fans constantly complaining that Brook was taking too many 3s.

basic_element

Oct 25, 2017
He wasn't coveted. Coach bud found a way to maximize his skillset in this modern NBA, that's why people are now realizing how big of an asset he was. He was also not considered a volume 3pt shooter. Even tho he was taking a lot of them, I remember last season Lakers fans constantly complaining that Brook was taking too many 3s.
So you would sign him for 30 million because coach bud unlocked his magic powers?

la_hill_bron

May 19, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
great deal for both teams. lakers got the star power they need, and pelicans got a young core to build off for years. lakers didn't have time. potential other free agents to get: DLo, kyrie, kemba

basic_element

Oct 25, 2017
Where in my post did I say he is worth 30mil lol? You were making fun of the guys deal and I was just explaining to you why there is a bigger market for him this offseason than last ones.
Ok fair enough, I thought you were agreeing with the other guy saying he could get 30 million. It's no secret Brook has been shooting and improving on his 3 point shot since his last year in Brooklyn and his stock went up after his playoff performance last year. But let's not get out of hand and say he is one of the top free agents when we have a record number of FAs this summer.

basic_element

Oct 25, 2017
Brook can easily get 30 mil 3 year contract (10 per), you two think thats outrageous? wtf

When someone says a number without years, I assume its per year. Where did he say 3 years? How did you get that number? Why not just say 10 million? And I assume he chose 30 because Lakers cap space is at 28 million and this couldn't match the offer.. which was the initial argument.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
When someone says a number without years, I assume its per year. Where did he say 3 years? How did you get that number? Why not just say 10 million? And I assume he chose 30 because Lakers cap space is at 28 million and this couldn't match the offer.. which was the initial argument.

it was 30M for 2019/20

Like others have said Lopez increased his value a lot last season. Smart teams love creative deals. I'm honestly not sure how much Lopez is worth but somewhere in the 15M range seems about right for the right team. Thing is good front offices love creative deals. If you are a team with Capspace, say New York (or the clippers) you could offer Lopez a 4x60 deal (fair value) which breaks down into 30/10/10/10 partially guaranteed Team Option, which is a fair deal over the life of the contract. No one else can match that initial year and you get a great value contract on the back end. Its also a great trade chip for a disgruntled star should whichever team making the deal wish to make a trade during the season

Edit: Lets say New Orleans makes that offer. They end up with a starting lineup of Holiday, Hart Ingram Zion Lopez
Bench Garland, Lonzo, Johnson Wood Okafor. play things forward to see if it works. If it two early flip lopez to a team that wants cap releif for a big contract plus picks

Last edited:

basic_element

Oct 25, 2017
it was 30M for 2019/20

Like others have said Lopez increased his value a lot last season. Smart teams love creative deals. I'm honestly not sure how much Lopez is worth but somewhere in the 15M range seems about right for the right team. Thing is good front offices love creative deals. If you are a team with Capspace, say New York (or the clippers) you could offer Lopez a 4x60 deal (fair value) which breaks down into 30/10/10/10 partially guaranteed Team Option, which is a fair deal over the life of the contract. No one else can match that initial year and you get a great value contract on the back end. Its also a great trade chip for a disgruntled star should whichever team making the deal wish to make a trade during the season
So you agree that technically Lakers can offer Lopez more than he is worth because Lakers can offer him 15 million per year. That was all I was saying. Not saying they will but they could. Because initially you said other teams will pay him more than Lakers can offer. That is not true because no one is going to give him more than 28 million per year.

Ok, just read the rest of your post. I disagree, no team is going to use 30 million in cap space to sign brook Lopez even if it's for the 1st year. I'll take a perma ban if that happens. Lmao, I can't believe I'm wasting my time arguing with someone who actually believes that. You must be trolling. Ninja Scooter, I don't know how you do it but it's tiring arguing with some of these guys. I guess that's why I rarely post. I'll stick to that.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
And if you are wondering how do we pay for all these guys, let's assume AD is willing to waive his trade kicker. That gives us almost 28 milion.

Beverly and Morris made 5 million last year. Lopez made 3.3 mill. Give Beverly 10 million because he played great last year and clippers would want to keep him. Get Morris at 6 million on a Klutch discount. Lopez gets 4 million because he loved LA and wanted to come back but idiot magic didn't want him. Also don't think Bucks can keep him having to resign Middleton and Brogdan. We have been overpaying KCP the last few years so get him for 8 million. We then have the mid level exception we can use on Ellington, Ariza, or someone else. Then fill the rest with vet mins.

Pretty sure there is no such thing as a "Klutch discount."

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
PeriodicFamiliarBream-small.gif

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
The lakers only have four players on their roster. 5 if they max Kawhi

Yeah I guess fill out the rest of the roster on vet mins but so many teams this offseason have cap and need to spend just to hit the cap floor. Even mediocre/sub par players will get pretty good 1 year offers

They don't have any draft picks left to flip either. Like yeah I'd think if you can sign Kawhi you basically have to do it but fill out that roster at all is going to be so ridiculously hard. They need shooting so desperately and it's going to be really hard to get any

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its time to come home Kawhi. I'll wash your cars and clean your rims for free for the rest of your Laker career.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I guess fill out the rest of the roster on vet mins but so many teams this offseason have cap and need to spend just to hit the cap floor. Even mediocre/sub par players will get pretty good 1 year offers

They don't have any draft picks left to flip either. Like yeah I'd think if you can sign Kawhi you basically have to do it but fill out that roster at all is going to be so ridiculously hard. They need shooting so desperately and it's going to be really hard to get any

Like 40% of the league are free agents. One way or another they were going to have to find cheap guys to fill out the roster. Any team with 2-3 max guys is going to have to deal with this. And it's a problem every team in the league would love to have.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California

I hear Gelo is available. So is the talisman Patrick McCaw.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where are the guys that said AD wasn't going to waive his 4m trade kicker?

Somewhere praying with the people who insisted Kawhi wouldn't give the Lakers, the premiere team in the hometown he wants to return to, the time of day.

Lebron had all summer off, taking #6 back, got AD, and might get Kawhi.

Niggas in trouble.