• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Never bet against woj. As mentioned it's supposedly important to the pels that #4 plays in summer league so they'll need it done beforehand.

He's been wrong before but I wouldn't bet against him tbh lol. Like how he said Bron was going to be at the meeting with the Sixers. Or how apparently Celtics were undeterred and wanted AD yet now we are getting reports Celtics didn't want to trade Jaylen or Tatum (funny how he didn't bring it up then).

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Lakers will probably try and dump Wagner and Bonga to free up an extra couple million. If this does go down on the 6th AD waiving his trade kicker will be key.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or was this an amazing trade for New Orleans? You lose Davis, but pick up 3 players from the Lakers, and you also now have the #1 pick AND the #4 pick in the Draft.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or was this an amazing trade for New Orleans? You lose Davis, but pick up 3 players from the Lakers, and you also now have the #1 pick AND the #4 pick in the Draft.

It's about as good a haul as anyone has gotten for a superstar in recent memory (other than Celtics/Nets), but a lot of the real value won't be known for years due to the amount of picks and the development of Ball and Ingram.

Masseyme

Banned
May 23, 2019
This reminds me of when the Lakers traded for Steve Nash and sacrificed their future for it. Hope we see the same amount of success they had back then. :p

Trash organization with the worst fans.
Its not remotely the same. They traded for a washed Steve Nash and end of prime Dwight Howard. None of them were even close to what a 26 year old AD is. At best Lakers let loose a bunch of non shooting young players that have a lot of work they need to do their games.

The Pelicans could easily be better down the line but they have a lot of question marks right now while the Lakers got two of the most efficient players in history and cap space.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Its not remotely the same. They traded for a washed Steve Nash and end of prime Dwight Howard. None of them were even close to what a 26 year old AD is. At best Lakers let loose a bunch of non shooting young players that have a lot of work they need to do their games.

The Pelicans could easily be better down the line but they have a lot of question marks right now while the Lakers got two of the most efficient players in history and cap space.

I agree that AD is better, but Dwight was 26 when he was traded to the Lakers. Not "end of his prime". lol

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Last year in LA/first year in Houston turned out to be the end of his prime

Turned out to be, yeah. But when they traded for him he was viewed really, really highly. And that's all we can really compare right now because we don't know how the AD Lakers will work out. So it'd be unfair to compare something we know the results of (the Dwight trade) with something we're guessing.

Masseyme

Banned
May 23, 2019
I agree that AD is better, but Dwight was 26 when he was traded to the Lakers. Not "end of his prime". lol
Well DH was always extremely overrated to me and that was the last time he could even pretend to be All Star level. And I think he went down not too long after so yeah that was the end of his prime.

AD just by virtue of having a competent offensive game is twice as good as Dwight was then and still has upside.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't put it past Griffin to try and fish more out of Pelinka to agree to move the deal back to the 30th

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Turned out to be, yeah. But when they traded for him he was viewed really, really highly. And that's all we can really compare right now because we don't know how the AD Lakers will work out. So it'd be unfair to compare something we know the results of (the Dwight trade) with something we're guessing.

We don't know if it will work out but there are stark differences. AD is a complete player where Dwight was limited on offense, had immaturity issues, and tons of off the court drama/issues.

AD seems like a good dude with none of those issues.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
We don't know if it will work out but there are stark differences. AD is a complete player where Dwight was limited on offense, had immaturity issues, and tons of off the court drama/issues.

Eh, their last years in Orlando and NOLA respectively were both pretty crazy with off the court drama.

But I agree that AD is a better player. I do think Dwight deserves more credit than he gets, as I think he was just a victim of the league changing rapidly through his career and kind of forcing him out. His Orlando years he was one of the best players in the league.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Eh, their last years in Orlando and NOLA respectively were both pretty crazy with off the court drama.

But I agree that AD is a better player. I do think Dwight deserves more credit than he gets, as I think he was just a victim of the league changing rapidly through his career and kind of forcing him out. His Orlando years he was one of the best players in the league.

Dwight was excellent on D but never developed as an offensive player.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dwight was excellent on D but never developed as an offensive player.

He was better than I think he's remembered as being. Not amazing, but he could get his. It certainly wasn't enough of a weakness to hold him back. He just wasn't a stretch guy, and in the middle of his career it became a stretch league.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just saying it's possible. The word has been out for a while that Kyrie and AD are good friends and want to play together. We will see what happens.
Kyrie failing at being a leader so badly he'd join a team as the 3rd best player would be pretty funny to me

Also what if Bron turns AD into Kevin Love with a worse 3 pt shot

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017

AD OVERRATTED, his always hurt his only played more than 70 games a season two out of 7 timess, hence why his still not the best player in the league too many injuries every season and couldnt do much in playoffs.

Last edited:

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I am delusional because I spoke the truth?

Care to explain which part of my post is delusional?

I am not equating Allen (not the shot again more so the play itself) and KD, I am saying luck plays an overall factor so don't get it twisted.

Kawhi still didn't go to a super team and as I previously said, he likely would've beat Lebron.

Possibly. That 2017 Cavs team was pretty damn good on offense though. I think they swept the Raptors. It might've been 2016 *can't remember*.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
How long until Zion switches to Kluch Sports and forces his way out of New Orleans?