• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
If I'm the Lakers and I can't get Kawhi, which I don't think they can, I believe it's smarter to get 2 really good starters versus a B level All star.

I'm not gonna try to predict what a guys value is on the market, but for example what if the Lakers can sign Brogdon and Bogdonavic and with their exception they get somebody like Bullock, KCP, or Ariza.

I think if they can pull that sort of offseason off, if healthy that's a damn good team. If they get a Kyrie/Kemba/Russell that's an explosive offensive and is still super dangerous, but I think the money can be more smartly spent.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Oct 26, 2017
So what's the upshot of doing this deal and mortgaging ur future instead of waiting next year for AD to resign?

Also Lakers have a terrible track record of trading/yielding young assets that have went to have career years. See Dlo and Randle.

LeBron has one year left as a top tier player, next year is their only chance in the next five to win.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking the 2021 might be a reverse-protection, and it turns out it is.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
KUBRICK LEONArd?!?

Does this work i'm drunk

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Crossposting from the other thread:

So Lakers draft picks:
2019 (#4) Pelicans
2020 Lakers
2021 If top 8 it's the Pelicans, if not it's the Lakers
2022 Pelicans if they didn't get the 2021 pick, if they did it's the Lakers
2023 Pelicans choice of a pick swap
2024 Pelicans that they can defer to 2025

Odds are after the #4 pick next Friday, the Pelicans (or whoever) won't use the next Laker pick until 2022

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Crossposting from the other thread:

So Lakers draft picks:
2019 (#4) Pelicans
2020 Lakers
2021 If top 8 it's the Pelicans, if not it's the Lakers
2022 Pelicans if they didn't get the 2021 pick, if they did it's the Lakers
2023 Pelicans choice of a pick swap
2024 Pelicans that they can defer to 2025

Odds are after the #4 pick next Friday, they Pelicans (or whoever) won't use the next Laker pick until 2022

2022 is the current plan for when the one and done rule will be gone, so that's a good year to have an unprotected pick

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Great trade, kinda for both teams. Lakers get slight edge, but AD didn't want to be there, what can you do? Suddenly LA becomes streamlined now with read-to-win players.

Also sure they'll land someone else. I guess Kemba is the rumored recruit, but I kind of would like a Jimmy Butler type if he didn't re-sign with Philly. Someone with physical qualities, can compete, add defensively. But too redundant between Lebron and Kuzma. Kemba is a little too much of a chucker, and his style could see him wearing down pre-maturely. They need 3-pt shooting as well.

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
Great trade, kinda for both teams. Lakers get slight edge, but AD didn't want to be there, what can you do? Suddenly LA becomes streamlined now with read-to-win players.

Also sure they'll land someone else. I guess Kemba is the rumored recruit, but I kind of would like a Jimmy Butler type if he didn't re-sign with Philly. Someone with physical qualities, can compete, add defensively. But too redundant between Lebron and Kuzma. Kemba is a little too much of a chucker, and his style could see him wearing down pre-maturely. They need 3-pt shooting as well.

I would love for the Lakers to sign Kawhi, but if he ends up staying, than use the remaining cap to sign multiple quality vets.

We have an amazing front court of AD, Lebron, and Kuz

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
it may not have ended well with ad, but you have a super bright future ahead of you, especially if ingram is back to full health. hopefully you'll make the most of that 4th overall asset, either through trading it or actually making a pick. i want the absolute best cast surrounding a possible generational talent like zion.

and fuck it, i want lonzo to do well too. maybe the change of scenary getting out of la is what he needs to focus fully on his game. a ball/holiday backcourt is pretty damn good defensively. ingram/zione aren't slouches either. just need a great center to round it all off. because okafor ain't it.

anyway, imagine two years ago you guys were possibly building towards a future with boogie/davis and now look at y'all.
I mean it's kind of amazing the luck we've had the last several years. Getting AD post Paul. Then losing boogie and AD and suddenly we got Zion and some great building blocks and assests. We're small market so my expectations will always be reasonable but this has gone about as well as I could have possibly hoped

Also I'd get it if we did trade Jrue but man I don't want to see him go. Love him and really want to see him play along side these young guys
The people in here almost salivating over the prospects of players getting serious injuries are really disturbing.
Yeah, even though we'd benefit from better picks if LeBron or AD got hurt I'm not trying to do that. Especially with AD. Guy worked his ass off for us here before this season and I'd love to see him chip. Just not against us lol

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Getting rid of Lavar is the true value of this deal.

All the Lakers need now is a great shooter (could have been Klay if he didn't get injured) and that team is set.

Spinluck

β–² Legend β–²
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
U have any evidence that they would've choked with Kawhi who had beat him before and was a lucky ray Allen shot from doing it twice? Maybe 3 times had he not been zaza'd

I love Kawhi and rooted for him and the Raps all the way through but this take is trash. What was Ray Allen supposed to do? Miss so people can continue trashing LeBron?

Mind you, the fact that Golden State lost two top players and Looney in their Finals run is a far more valid argument than Ray Allen made a shot. His shot would've meant nothing if they were down 10. A win in is a win, let's keep it that way instead conditionally flip flopping for personal narrative and trash takes.

Ray Allen shot was fantastic but that's literally what he was brought there to do. Make 3's...

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The hell is this lol.

Era hasn't worked well on my phone for well... awhile.

That said, Lakers sold the farm for this. Bron needs to pray for perfect health and AD has been in the league as long as Lillard. He's already missed a lot of time comparatively and given the Lakers luck, yeah. Anyway I work a block from their hq, I'll blow some health dust juju their building on Monday.

Better trade to me..? Somehow throw Lebron to the Pelicans for Zion.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
Future will show, but seems kind of a weak haul without Ingram, Ball, or Hart becoming something none have been to this point. Though LBJ starting to show age and AD been injury prone, could blow up on Lakers.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how we talk about AD's health being questionable when both Ball and Ingram have questionable health themselves.

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's irrational and I'm more than likely to be proven completely wrong but I've got these weird hang ups about Anthony Davis. Probably just because outside of one season his team has always sunk. I guess the good comp as someone said is Kevin Garnett and that worked out fine so we'll see what happens.

The west is completely wide open next year.

Oct 25, 2017
I love Kawhi and rooted for him and the Raps all the way through but this take is trash. What was Ray Allen supposed to do? Miss so people can continue trashing LeBron?

Mind you, the fact that Golden State lost two top players and Looney in their Finals run is a far more valid argument than Ray Allen made a shot. His shot would've meant nothing if they were down 10. A win in is a win, let's keep it that way instead conditionally flip flopping for personal narrative and trash takes.

Ray Allen shot was fantastic but that's literally what he was brought there to do. Make 3's...
It also ignores the fact that that Ray Allen shot happened at the end of a game 6. Spurs had all of a game 7 to finish the heat and didn't.

It's always been a stupid ass take but it's surprising to see it still in 2019

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

this is a terrible take.

I said Allen's shot was lucky namely because of how the play went down with the offensive rebound.

Warriors lost KD and klay for 1.5 games. Looney played most games. Was he hurt? Sure but so was Kawhi, Lowry, OG etc.

Luck always has a role in life. Raptors were lucky that they didn't have to face KD. Hell I predicted warriors in 6, thinking he'd play.

Last edited:

chokeartist

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Damon Jones, Lebron's buddy, is claiming that there's another earth shattering announcement to be made on Monday (tomorrow).