• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Gonna build a PC guys, already have one but for my cousin. Not really Gaming, but is gaming ready.

Wish me luck, feel free to ask questions!

It's a 10900k, GTX 2060 (Told him to wait for 3070 lol) 32gb Corsair ram at 3200mhz with a WD 1tb NVMe

Will post pics soon!

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Cousin bought it over months, so no return policy so might have to RMA if anything comes up bad:

H6ixCZ1.jpg

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Nice gear love the NZXT H510 for a clean looking case. This is gonna look sleek

shit sorry for double post. I keep doing this lately.

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Cosuin bought 10900k from OCuk came in this sketchy looking box, not sure if legit or not lol:

m9HXrMY.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
Have fun! Having a couple of drink and building a PC with friends/family is always a good time. I haven't ran into any big issue's in the 5~10 builds I was invloved with though.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird, as anxious as I am of a person, It's always incredibly calming building a PC. Even though you're handling hundreds worth of hardware.

Hope the yields are good!

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Similar system to mine except 9700k. Although mine didn't come in a sketchy, haribo-less box like that 🤔

Roarer

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Looks like an OEM/tray version of the CPU. They're meant for OEM prebuilt machines. Will work fine. Technically, it doesn't come with any warranty (you can check the [lack of] serial number on the edges of the heatspreader), but the retailert should cover that for you in case you need to RMA it.

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Looks like an OEM/tray version of the CPU. They're meant for OEM prebuilt machines. Will work fine. Technically, it doesn't come with any warranty (you can check the [lack of] serial number on the edges of the heatspreader), but the retailert should cover that for you in case you need to RMA it.

Good to know!

The big heatsinks and perspective are playing tricks on me is that ATX or M-ATX?

micro atx

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Oct 25, 2017
UK
To be fair might install NVme now before AIO, installed ram hoping it's in the right channel config, only used to having two lanes on my ITX buid.

URdCD9X.jpg

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Got all excited about Pc gaming following the Nvidia news so hell yeah I'll follow along!

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Definitely install NVME before AIO. And then think carefully how you want the AIO pipes going across, from the top, or the bottom. Typical install is bottom, but I have it up top.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
I'll follow along! I just built my friend a PC this week actually. Unfortunately we got a bad graphics card so it doesn't quite work yet but it is getting there!

Dec 14, 2017
I think most corsair aios come with a screwdriver in the box, the metal pipe ones with a small 90 degree end. it'll get the job done, but it's not ideal. Also curious about that cpu working.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
The anxiety until the initial POST is the worst. I am even feeling a little anxiety on your behalf right now. Just went through this myself 2ish weeks ago.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Folks -that CPU packing isn't *that* odd for stuff like this. OCUK is a legit site, and it's fancier packaging than what Intel usually sends their CPUs in for reviewers themselves.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to do the same, then my wife put on the tumble dryer and I figured the motherboard probably wouldn't like the heat and humidity it might kick out, so I called it quits for the day. So only put the CPU, RAM and nvme in so far - and wrangled the nvme from my ITX build (which was underneath the motherboard in a tiny case. Never again..)

My CPU was like that. Tiny box with sponge inside. Had 'AC Valhalla OEM' printed on it and I got a code for the game too. Was a bit of a shock - was just there along with the motherboard rattling around in a big box.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Heh, I'm actually updating some parts in my PC later tonight after work myself.

Adding a new AIO cooler(NZXT Kraken)
Adding new cablemod Pro white cables to replace the natty vanilla ones that came with my PSU
Added a new m.2 SSD last night already.

Hopefully next week I'll have a 3080 shipping to me to add too.

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Welp, NVMe didn't come with a screw it's shorter than than the heatstink as well so can't just hold it there.

Or maybe I can?

Qqr90EI.jpg