• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Images taken 1832 Hours ET/EST:

HxPRpQ9.jpg

tWJmuBr.jpg

St. John's had entered into a Statewide emergency a few hours ago. Snowbanks taller than myself have formed along the front of my place.
what the fuck

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO @ i-Lo 's photos...absolute insanity. And people are expected to head out through that?
I always told myself I'd sooner deal with extreme cold than extreme heat, last year during the summer we got as high as 45C and it was one of my most miserable experiences ever (and I also generally prefer the cold to heat). But by all the accounts written here I'm really not sure what's worse.

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Brings back memories. Grew up in Alaska. I remember two week stretches where it was -50 or more for two straight weeks. 10 years there and only saw school canceled twice because of the weather. Once saw -70. No fun.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i like the cold. but that's a bit too cold for even me.

about -12ºC in Nova Scotia right now. yesterday it looked like Hoth.

Smokey_Run holy shit, that image says it was 236KM/H gusts. we didn't get anywhere near that when Dorian flew over my goddamn house.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
So, my next door neighbour just sent me these two photos taken a within the last hour now that the storm is receding:

The snowbank that has formed in front of condo row and it reaches 1st floor (or 2nd floor if you count ground floor as the first):

aSF2CW4.jpg

Given I live near the edge, the sheltered area leading to my door fared a bit better:

JfQMABh.jpg

Zimmiwood I am not sure if folks have gone to work today given state of emergency was established yesterday afternoon.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
This thread made me fire Frostpunk again, I wish I could experience cold like that for a few days.

I'd probably die.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Taken couple of hours in front of my place (to give some sense of perspective of how high the snowbank is, you can barely see the ground floor in places) and it's just and much worse elsewhere:

cAvin2L.jpg

Took me about 35 minutes straight to dig out small walk way from my entrance to the common walkway (which was cleared by my neighbour) leading to parking lot. Nothing is going to be open today and most likely tomorrow as city services attempt to clear out things best they can for now. Another 10 cm of snow is expected tomorrow night.

This is essentially the shape climate change will take in years and decades to come in the maritimes, extremely hazardous storms surges and accompanying snow.

hephaestus

Oct 28, 2017
When I was up north working on a pipe line, it was -52 outside and we were pouring grout for some pump bases inside a small pump house, the grout needed to be at 18 degrees or higher to cure. So they set up 3 frost fighters to heat the inside building. Holy fuck it was +50 degrees inside. It was such a mind fuck walking through the door with a 100 degree temperature change.

Stay warm guys!