• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
NotLiquid

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What's the most convenient and legal way to play this game?
There isn't, sadly.

That said, there's quite a few full playthroughs on YouTube. Given the majority is text-based and its occasionally archaic mechanics, some may consider it just as good of a substitute.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the most convenient and legal way to play this game?
Buy an Analogue Mega Sg, a Genesis controller of some sort, a Sega CD add-on from eBay, and a copy of Snatcher from eBay. Konami and Kojima will not see a cent from it, but it will be legal! It will also cost a fuckton of money.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Raiden, something happened to me last Thursday when I was driving home. I had a couple of miles to go - I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky, to the east! It was moving very irregularly. Suddenly there was intense light all around me, and when I came to, I was home. What do you think happened to me?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Snatcher and Policenauts are games with great aesthetics and central plots that are really ruined by Hideo's desire to randomly shoe-horn in creepiness into every single one of his games. I can usually manage to look past them since they usually last for like 5 minutes tops, but I can't blame people for writing them off.

Honestly Konami could get some good will back in my books by "remastering" these games with significant edits to make them less creepy, but I don't think I want to see folks bending over backwards to defend the artistic integrity of the teenager taking a shower scene

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
but I don't think I want to see folks bending over backwards to defend the artistic integrity of the teenager taking a shower scene
If anything, at least I don't think you'd see that kind of defense in this site.
And yeah, while I enjoyed several of Kojima's games, someone should really have tried and control his creep factor so that shit like Quiet wouldn't have happened.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely love the style and story of the game. Wish there was a proper way to play it now a days though.