• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said it has been a year since I played the game and all I know is the biggest DLC they added was the New York DLC and besides that was were some major changes to the game if there were any at all? I'm pretty sure I beat the final mission on the base game and that was pretty much when I stopped playing.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
A LOT. But some major parts that come to mind are Targeted loot, recalibration station now stores rolls forever, skills have lowered cooldowns across the board, skill power is gone in favor of a new skill tier system that feels much better and allows you to use skill mods no matter how little skill tier you have, etc

Other people will have more things than I can think of right now, it's basically a different game now.

Oct 27, 2017
Tons. All for the better. Multiple new specializations as well, but that's just the tip of the iceberg, if you include the warlords of New York expansion it's a complete overhaul in the best ways in my opinion.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Well we're all stuck inside for one.

Also there is an actually real world pandemic going on.

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds tempting to buy the DLC.

Personally, I liked it. It's what got me back into it. I will say though that the first couple of weeks of playing it again after being gone for so long, nearly as long as you were, was a bit overwhelming at first. There was a lot of new things to pick up on and learn, a lot of the systems changed, but I think it all makes much more sense now than it did

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't pick it up until this year, but you mentioned you stopped after finishing the "final mission", which I assume was the last listed main mission on the map at the time. I cannot believe how much end game content there is without even including the expansion. Every time I think my friend and I have done "what's left", they throw a bunch more stuff on.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
is there a resetera discord for this game?
www.resetera.com

The Division 2: Warlords Of New York |OT| Gear 2.0 Of War

Title: Division 2 - Warlords Of New York (Expansion + Title Update 8) Platforms: PC/Xbox One/PS4 Release date: Monday, March 2nd (PC), Tuesday, March 3rd (Consoles) Developer: Massive Publisher: Ubisoft Genre: Looter Shooter Distribution: Digital Pricing: $29.99 WARLORDS OF NEW YORK & TITLE...

It's in the OT, post in the thread then refresh the OT to see the hidden link.

Is it the game good enough to play on your own?
It's one the most solo friendly GaaS types available. I play 90% solo.

Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

Title: Division 2 - Warlords Of New York (Expansion + Title Update 8) Platforms: PC/Xbox One/PS4 Release date: Monday, March 2nd (PC), Tuesday, March 3rd (Consoles) Developer: Massive Publisher: Ubisoft Genre: Looter Shooter Distribution: Digital Pricing: $29.99 WARLORDS OF NEW YORK & TITLE...

Cool thankyou

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Stadia launched with the superior version of it ; )

On a more serious note, new raid I believe?

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
maybe it's f'd up on my end but recent events prompted me to replaying the 'campaign'... i can't specifically enumerate what's different as i dropped off the launch window quick but in general everything seems way more balanced and simply fun

i even put down doom eternal in lieu of it, something a few months ago i'd think unconscionable

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

Cool stuff, may check it out especially if there is a sale.

Hazardous

Oct 25, 2017
I beg of you, please, please do not read the reddit/official forums for this game. There are issues, as there are with any GaaS game, but the tantrums and overreactions that happen in those places really does a disservice to how good the game actually is.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Warlords of New York expansion is really good. Fantastic atmosphere and some clever mission design within the framework of the game.

Pat

Oct 27, 2017
I went back to the game just before the expansion hit and oh boy, there was so much new stuff that I decided to start completely fresh and this is probably the best gaming time I had this year. The DLC is also quite nice once you get there.

The endgame is basically grinding and RNG, though. But if you restart the base game with the new additions + the DLC, you'll have for over 40-50 hours of fun for sure, exclusing the DZ.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Hey! Yeah, there's a huge summary I made for the Warlords Of New York OT. My short answer for what's changed since launch:

- Targeted loot - makes it MUCH easier to farm builds. Basically, you can filter the map and certain areas/missions drop specific weapon types/brands/gear sets more often. This is a layer of loot that's on top of what you'd normally get. So if you need a Providence chest and backpack, just go to a Providence area, farm it, and you'll likely be swimming in options soon enough.
- Streamlining of gear system (Skill Tier replaces skill power, no red/blue/yellow requirements to unlock talents, talents are only on two pieces of gear (Chest/Backpack) but are more powerful than they used to be, can see on piece of gear how close it is to a god roll)
- Oh yeah, because the old gear system worked on a budget system (one high stat meant the other stats had to roll low), you couldn't have a maxed out piece of gear outside of very specific edge cases. That's no longer the case - you can get items with all three attributes fully maxed.
- Re-calibration library (you can store high stats to roll onto other gear/weapons later - again, makes putting together builds way more efficient and turns most mediocre builds into good ones while you're still chasing god rolls)
- Harder difficulties on average drops better rolls than lower difficulties, making progression of build/difficulty worthwhile now
- You can now set a Global Difficulty, so everything you do is a certain difficulty/the same level of rewards
- New missions - something like 13 new missions since launch (Tidal Basin/Zoo/Camp White Oak/Pentagon/DARPA Labs/Coney Island x 2 + 5 missions in New York (with more side missions too) and the first raid. The New York ones are exclusive to the expansion.
- Expansion increases level cap to 40.
- Expansion brings you back to New York with more hunters, control points, open world activities etc. and a conclusion to one of the big threads in the Div lore (but honestly, the story sucks, hah). It also brings a feature to keep boosting your character after level 40 by increasing, incrementally, stats such as weapon damage, crit chance, reload speed, skill haste etc. by up to 10-20%. It requires 1,000 level ups to max everything out. So more endgame progression.
- Expansion also brings 3 month seasons that include special bounties, reward tracks (free and paid versions), global modifiers, challenges and time trials, apparel events, etc. that let you unlock rewards. What's nice is that while the rewards are nice, none are exclusive to the season and most of the challenges aren't that time consuming.

Honestly, you'll hear lots of complaints about bugs/difficulty etc., particularly in the Reddit these days. I'd say this - the level 1-40 progression is great and feels super balanced and is a TON of content. After that, honestly, the complaints really only starts to get noticeable/frustrating on Heroic difficulty, and even that I can solo most missions with a couple of different builds. There's some balancing issues at higher difficulties, mainly fire and bleed damage and the accuracy/no damage drop off from SMGs/LMGs/shotguns at a distance that can be frustrating, but it's the first time the game has felt like harder difficulties are actually a challenge so I'll take the hiccups here and there. Also, keep in mind that most of the most vocal complainers of the game were recently rolled back a week of progression/banned for a week for using a damage exploit that made it so that everything was a one shot kill. Hah.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How is the Hardcore mode? I saw that yesterday when I booted the game back up and was amazed they added in Hardcore characters to a game like this. That's incredibly risky!

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
How is the Hardcore mode? I saw that yesterday when I booted the game back up and was amazed they added in Hardcore characters to a game like this. That's incredibly risky!
It was a fun distraction a few months ago and definitely changed what the best type of build was/made the level 1-30 progression feel totally different. I have a Hardcore mode character sitting around level 20 but never jumped back in to make it all the way. It was fun watching streamers race to beat the Raid on Hardcore mode.

That said, the recent patches have made things like fire/bleed incredibly unforgiving. I imagine that Hardcore feels way tougher now. So if you're able to laugh at a hilarious death, jump in and have some fun. If you think that you'd give it one-go before giving up, I might suggest waiting for a patch that brings down the punishing enemy tactics a bit.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It was a fun distraction a few months ago and definitely changed what the best type of build was/made the level 1-30 progression feel totally different. I have a Hardcore mode character sitting around level 20 but never jumped back in to make it all the way. It was fun watching streamers race to beat the Raid on Hardcore mode.

That said, the recent patches have made things like fire/bleed incredibly unforgiving. I imagine that Hardcore feels way tougher now. So if you're able to laugh at a hilarious death, jump in and have some fun. If you think that you'd give it one-go before giving up, I might suggest waiting for a patch that brings down the punishing enemy tactics a bit.
In Diablo games I exclusively make Hardcore characters.

It is time. 😁