• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
I don't get people saying they got tired of grinding for iron and clay to upgrade... go to like, two nook miles islands and you've got enough. I've had way too much stone, iron, and clay since like, day 4

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
I've had perfect attendance... kind of.

Got the game a week after launch, but I haven't missed a day. Working my way towards that 5-star, baybee!

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Animal Crossing is one of the games that makes me think about death.

Every generation, I play the new AC religiously every day... until I don't. I never consciously choose to stop playing, and so I never realize that the last time I visit my town and talk to my villagers is *the* last time I'm ever going to do it.

In the same way, the last time I saw my childhood best friend, neither of us chose to stop hanging out nor knew it would be the last time we saw each other.

As we get closer to death, some of our favorite things we'll do for the last time without ever realizing it. Favorite restaurants. Rewatches of beloved films. Time with friends and family.

It's really weird that Animal Crossing always brings this to mind.

adit

Oct 29, 2017
tonja
i didn't buy game at launch, but played everyday since 2 weeks ago

i didn't play excessively though, i treated ACNH as warming game, usually played at 8 AM for 1 hour or so before jump to my main game such as SSBU

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada

Every generation, I play the new AC religiously every day... until I don't. I never consciously choose to stop playing, and so I never realize that the last time I visit my town and talk to my villagers is *the* last time I'm ever going to do it.

In the same way, the last time I saw my childhood best friend, neither of us chose to stop hanging out nor knew it would be the last time we saw each other.

As we get closer to death, some of our favorite things we'll do for the last time without ever realizing it. Favorite restaurants. Rewatches of beloved films. Time with friends and family.

Fuck

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
Been playing daily since release. Have a meager 2 star island with me being 60 hours deep into the game, lol. I still don't have the terraforming tools.

Piscus

Oct 27, 2017
My stars are stuck at 2 until I get rid of some trees. I went through town over a week ago and made holes in front of the trees I wanted to cut down/move. The day ended before I got to moving them and the holes all disappeared.
I'm still on every day, but not for long each day. I haven't found the strength to go back and reevaluate the trees again...

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get people saying they got tired of grinding for iron and clay to upgrade... go to like, two nook miles islands and you've got enough. I've had way too much stone, iron, and clay since like, day 4
I think maybe all the mats required to build the shop fucks with people's expectations early on. It's like the one time it happens and it's not like you have a time limit, but for some reason people feel the need to gather them all in a single day and then think "man this was such a grind, is this going to be the game loop from now on?"

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I dropped off pretty quickly. Trying to get my island evaluation high enough for KK Slider was a pain, and I wanted terraforming but couldn't get it so I just haven't had the motivation to continue.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Listening to you all talk about this game is fascinating. It's like I just stumbled into a thread with a bunch of landscapers talking about their day and one of them also decided to purchase a hotel

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Yep, every day. I was juggling this and La-Mulana 2 for the last month and I just finished the latter.

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I missed a day and pretty much stopped talking to my villagers. If they move they move. Probably play until Earth Day and put the game in the rafters.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017

ONE OF???

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Also for you 200 hours folks.... you're playing an average of 6 hours a day. *_*. I got the game at launch and I'm between 15-20. How can you play that much of a single thing? Even outside of having the time for it, how can you mentally do it?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I've been playing every single day since March 12. Got my store upgrade a week ago.

Can't see myself stopping from playing anytime soon, especially with the datamined content seemingly being real.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I've played every day, but I had to use time travel on days where I worked 13+ hours and stopped working at like midnight. I just permanently set my clock back two hours to avoid situations like that now.

However, a lot of those days are just me playing for like 15-30 minutes. I only have 20 or more hours of playtime. I don't think I've played for more than an hour and a half on any given day, and if I ever played for that long it was only a couple days. I'm going to try to keep playing the game like this for a while, where I just log in for a little bit every day, don't even necessarily complete all of the "daily" tasks, and focus more on playing other games.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Today was the first day I didn't play. Slept late and had to go to work so I wasn't able to hop on at any point.