• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
Scalebound was to be one of my favorite game of this gen, shame it was cancelled. Awesome looking gameplay, great graphics and art direction, Prodigy as battle theme... As a Kamiya fanboy (who btw never directed a bad game) this sucks so much.

2nd year anniversary

1st anniversary thread
https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-been-a-year-since-microsoft-cancelled-scalebound.15220/

scalebound-platinum-games-torna-cancellazione-vociferata-versione-switch-v6-376498-720x720.jpg

Phil Spencer sama, can we get Scalebound on the XSX?!

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Not trying to be negative or anything but it looked like shit. I liked the concept but yeah.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I was really looking forward to it. Sad when stuff like that happens where they dev has no legal options to pursue releasing the game. Just all that time and effort lost.

Oct 26, 2017
I still house a small bit of hope that the rumor from last year of Nintendo picking this up is in any way true. Most talk sort of stopped after Feb I think, but Nintendo and MS have gotten really tight recently, so who knows. Banjo in Smash, Ori and Cuphead on Switch, who knows what else is planned.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
A anniversary thread (the third one even) for a cancelled game. I have seen it all.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looked horrible. However, who knows, it might have turned out good.

I do remember some Xbox guy calling it something like, 'the game of all games'' lol

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
It never looked all that good whenever they showed it off, maybe they would have pulled it off if they got to finish who knows but I'm not suprised it got cancelled.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Game never looked like it played good.

I'm looking forward to seeing this thread again in a couple months

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
It looked trash and everybody kept shittinf on the game. Then suddenly after cancelled everybody started liking the game? Which was weird, and also I remember when Kamiya got accused of taking the money and making Nier screwing MS over and then an Era member who is or was in Platinum had to clarify that never happened. Those threads were fun

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
The design, the world, the characters, the gameplay... All of it was so bland.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
I'm still disappointed it wasn't released. I can see why people say it didn't look too hot, but I'd love to have seen how the full game would've panned out.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Game looked OK when was first unveiled [technical issues aside], but it really took a dive when they showcased coop. It looked like a mess.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
A anniversary thread (the third one even) for a cancelled game. I have seen it all.

Shows there's a thirst haha.
Maybe it's secretly in production somewhere .. could be a wildcard for E3.

Who knows. It was a huge disappointment when it was cancelled, one of the more prominent titles.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Game didn't look too hot in motion, people were just in love with the idea. It was the right move to put it down.

Their biggest mistake was showing it off so early in development. Developers cancel games all the time, even Sony and Nintendo. But most don't reach the point of public viewing so it doesn't give people a chance to become invested.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Thought it looked neat whenever it popped up, but the folks at Platinum and MS know better than I do, so I imagine it was the right decision to cancel it.

Still, a shame it didn't work out.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
True Fantasy Live Online, Cry-On and Scalebound are the holy trinity of canceled Japanese Xbox games that I really wish would've been seen through.

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017
Now that I look at it again, it really doesn't look good. I guess I was just hyped for a big budget Platinum game

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would be incredible if MS and Platinum start back over with MS's new management style and give Platinum full creative control and full access to the power of XSX to better execute Kamiya's vision.

Oct 27, 2017
I suppose you never know but given the state they released crackdown 3 in I have my doubts about what they wouldn't release.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think Microsoft made a bold and wise decision cancelling that thing. It was around the time MS really started turning the Xbox around and internal talks about buying developers were happening.

It was just bad luck that the first news was this one. I am sure we won't be seeing anything like this from MS. Now if they greenlit something I am sure they will commit to it.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017

Seriously what the fuck.

Anyways, I agree that the game didn't look too hot, but Kamiya has the best track record of any director and every single one of his games were good to great to masterpieces. I think the end result would have been at least decent.

That said, let it go and don't make more anniversary threads for cancelled games -__-

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Concept of it was pretty cool, but the gameplay was really a mess. It had potential for sure though.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
I can't think of a main character that has ever looked or sounded more irritating than the one they unveiled in Scalebound.