• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
Did they ever specify that it would include legacy content? I can't remember. I got the sense that it was more focused on new(er) releases and EA hasn't put out anything recently that I can recall.
The original announcement from October specifically mentioned Unravel 2, The Sims 4, FIFA 20, Battlefield V, and Apex Legends.

theory i've seen in the PC thread (which sounds plausible) is that they're holding off until they have whatever they deem to be a sufficient launch lineup for EA Access.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was kinda holding out hope that Sims 4 would be on the steam launcher.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
It's been 2,928 days since Sony's PSN and Steam partnered up.... Valve only released 1 game.

Oh wow, I remember when that was a big thing back in the days. I guess Gen3 console "live services" were not what Valve had in mind when they jumped on that train, especially with the freedom they had on PC.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yet another unprecedented partnership losing steam.
giphy.gif

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
afaik this was the only other thing that they've done in that time at least so far.
It's important to note that the relationship must be going pretty well as the Limited Run physical edition of the game even comes with a Steam key, too.
This was already also going to be on Steam regardless of it.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But the DLC had to be verified individually by their Cerberus network or whatever they call it. I mean that's what I did when I started my latest ME2 playthrough on Steam. It was annoying.

ME3 was far simpler since everything was by Origin which is why I want to see them released as complete packages on Steam.
Oh, I see. Well, worst case scenario, you could always redeem it on Origin using your Steam key so it doesn't go through that process. But yeah, hopefully they'll also eliminate that step on Steam.

I don't belong to the crowd that dislikes multiple launchers but Origin is legitimately terrible. It is the only program on my entire PC that causes performance issues. I really hope Apex Legends gets released on Steam soon so I can drop Origin altogether.