• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So If you recall in November, EA partnered up with Steam again, to release games and services.

15 Nov, 2019 was when STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order was released.

150 days later, we got nothing, not even the back catalogue, in fact the last game was put on the store was in 2012 WARP, which was the last EA game.

So what's going on?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
What games did they release in the last months? They put up new games. C&C Remaster is coming to Steam:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
What games did they release in the last months? They put up new games. C&C Remaster is coming to Steam:

afaik this was the only other thing that they've done in that time at least so far.
It's important to note that the relationship must be going pretty well as the Limited Run physical edition of the game even comes with a Steam key, too.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
They're also bringing Apex Legends to steam. Iam sure its in the works and they're working on the underlying systems between origin and steam.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Did they ever specify that it would include legacy content? I can't remember. I got the sense that it was more focused on new(er) releases and EA hasn't put out anything recently that I can recall.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
I assumed it was just for new releases, what have they released anywhere in the last 150 days? Have some patience.

Stallion Free

Oct 29, 2017
I imagine they want the smoothest roll-out possible for games like Apex and Battlefield as far as having one large PC community between Steam and Origin with minimal friction when launching the game from Steam.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
150 days later, we got nothing, not even the back catalogue, in fact the last game was put on the store was in 2012 WARP, which was the last EA game.

Well, what other games have EA released since? None. And they already said that stuff like Apex is coming..

It's important to note that the relationship must be going pretty well as the Limited Run physical edition of the game even comes with a Steam key, too.

This was quite remarkabel to me as well, yes!

Crysis Maximum Remaster gonna launch first on Steam.

That would require EA to be involved.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
EA hasn't put out anything since.

And while i'm sure they'll make good money with Apex and their back catalogue, i doubt it's a priority right now.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah this sucks. Didn't they tell us to look for more news in the coming weeks and months last year?

I'm just speculating here, so please don't take this as the gospel truth, but perhaps some currently world-altering situation that EA wasn't expecting when they announced this last year might have had an effect...?

Last edited:

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Ya, the current situation must've fucked with scheduling and release targets so can't blame them there.

But EA should really bring ME2 & 3 to Steam as full packages with all DLC included. That Cerberus/Bioware points shit should fuck off.

It would be really accessible to new players.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ya, the current situation must've fucked with scheduling and release targets so can't blame them there.

But EA should really bring ME2 & 3 to Steam as full packages with all DLC included. That Cerberus/Bioware points shit should fuck off.

It would be really accessible to new players.
You don't buy using Cerberus or BioWare Points anymore. You get the whole DLC bundle for each game on Origin. And they're often discounted.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Gamers tapping their toes impatiently, hands on hips and saying 'WELL I'M WAITING' during a global pandemic affecting the lives of tens of millions.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I'm still waiting for that month of Origin Access. 🤷‍♂️

Jokes aside, I really hope to play Dragon Age: Inquisition, Titanfall and Unravel on Steam soon. They've been updating artwork and such at a steady rate so who knows, maybe they're ready to reveal something before summer?

Last edited:

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
You don't buy using Cerberus or BioWare Points anymore. You get the whole DLC bundle for each game on Origin. And they're often discounted.

But the DLC had to be verified individually by their Cerberus network or whatever they call it. I mean that's what I did when I started my latest ME2 playthrough on Steam. It was annoying.

ME3 was far simpler since everything was by Origin which is why I want to see them released as complete packages on Steam.