• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Source is ending credits from people who already finished the game.
fyi, since the credits for the PC port are now available: contrary to speculation that this was a sega europe project, it appears to have largely been developed in japan.

the director on the port was daisuke yajima from atlus, who was a programmer on p3/p4/p5/pq, and the art director was sachie tousuji, who did interface design for p4/p4g/pq/p5. most of the actual development work appears contracted out to preapp partners, which is a japanese dev house. all the programmers on the port apparently worked on the pc port of a hyperdimension neptunia game a few years back too, haha.

==SPOILERS WARNING==
The credits are up on YouTube, but anyone new to the game may want to beware of some spoilers in the video as it includes some footage from the true ending route.
Combined with the fact that they just setup their own developer page on Steam last week, is it the start of a new age for ATLUS?
store.steampowered.com

Steam Developer: ATLUS

ATLUS delivers unforgettable, story-driven gameplay experiences to enthusiastic and dedicated fans around the globe.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Nov 5, 2017
Why did they finally decide that yesterday was THE DAY to finally port P4G to PC?

Why didn't they port it earlier? Does anyone know?

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Well, while it isn't perfect, it is good enough for 90%+ of people.
Shame about the API destroying, durante said it did around 14000 calls per frame.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Still pleasantly surprised with the completely unlocked framerate. Hoping Special K can get to modding out that motion blur-y effect someday.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Etrian Oddysey, SMT and more Persona next please. P5R should be a pretty straightforward port.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
preapp partners isn't atlus but some directors at Atlus being involved at all means more than nothing i guess. At the very least a jp dev is sitting between Atlus jp and PC now, maybe Atlus will start handing out their work to localizers before they release in japan.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Very surprising considering all of the neat PC features the port has such as above 60fps framerate, PS4,XBOX,Switch Pro button prompts, 4K and 8K res support, remappable buttons, a decent graphics setting menu, etc. Pretty much a stable with all of these recent Japanese Sega ports that were outsourced by different port studios. Good stuff.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Oh damn, didn't see that coming. Hopefully this won't be the last game they port to Steam.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but people were telling me it's SEGA Europe just taking the scraps (talking about a mainline Persona title) and no one else was involved.

While I dont think Atlus Japan was doing it alone... It's a far different situation than before. Even if it wasn't, considering the great sales number so far, it's a situation that is changing.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Why did they finally decide that yesterday was THE DAY to finally port P4G to PC?

Why didn't they port it earlier? Does anyone know?

My bet is that they wanted an unbreakable anti-piracy solution.
Denuvo is now unbreakable, since some QA wannabe leaked an unprotected removal solution from a cracking group (don't remember which one). Since all groups used the same solution base, Denuvo is now a guarantee.

This happened early december last year... 6 months of development and QA seems reasonable for this.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
With my luck, I'll buy Persona 5R on sale and then the next day they they announce multiplat ports for it.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
i mean i wouldn't think this means anything for the future. remember when everyone thought that catherine being on xbox was a way for them to practice so they could launch persona on there as well

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Denuvo is now unbreakable, since some QA wannabe leaked an unprotected removal solution from a cracking group (don't remember which one). Since all groups used the same solution base, Denuvo is now a guarantee.

This happened early december last year... 6 months of development and QA seems reasonable for this.

What? No, that's not it - the Steam release was literally the anniversary for the JP Vita release.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this leads to more ports and eventually to simultaneous multiplatform releases.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Well Denuvo is allrdy getting cracked again Trails of Mana was one of the more recent games cracked by Codex but yes no one but a few p2p crackers cracked it for a while after that incident. So no it's not a guarantee but as always it's good for a few weeks/months.

LordFish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really an atlas fan, but this is awesome to hear. Japanese Devs embracing PC has been one of the pleasent surprises of the platform in the past few years.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Well, now that they see that they're printing money, they can hurry up and port Royal now, too. And FES.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
i mean i wouldn't think this means anything for the future. remember when everyone thought that catherine being on xbox was a way for them to practice so they could launch persona on there as well

It could've been. My guess is that the sales were just abysmal. I'm not sure Catherine sold a lot back then... And less much on Xbox 360.

In fact, it's a funny exemple since, Catherine sales data are likely the reason for Persona showing up on PC.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure everyone at Atlus HQ is banging their heads against the wall ever since looking at the numbers P4 did on steam, and cursing themselves for ignoring this kind of money for so long.

The price was a huge surprise too, coming from Atlus.

Get on with the rest of your back catalogue, I need Digital Devil Saga on steam, I ain't got all day.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But ERA told me that Atlus JP had nothing to do with that port :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o