• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Araki has written about this iirc. He basically thinks one of the most evil acts a person can do is abuse animals, hence why he has villains doing so constantly lol.

Given how similar the "activation" is to Bites the Dust, I imagine they'll find a way around it somehow. Holly seemed to hint that the Doctor could be chased if the person doing so was guided to him, as opposed to actively seeking him out, so maybe this is where Yasuho's Stand will shine.

Given that Josuke has rock parts already, I just don't see him making it out alive, or at least in the current form. Maybe some other exchange occurs, but there is a lot of sacrificial themes in this part and I can see that theme continuing.
I am going to guess in the end he is going to use the fruit to save his mother but dies in the process

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Man, I absolutely loved part 1 and 2 of the anime.
Some of the best stuff I have seen in my life, especially part 2. I forgot what they are called. Before stands.

Part 3 came along and I was excited. They did make me hate my favourite character with Joseph, but it started off good.

Then it turned into the typical "monster of the week" and my love for the series just fucking tanked. Every episode just became this enormous slog, where watching an episode felt like homework.

I Fucking hated that format. I did eventually power through, but it turned me off hard from watching part 4. And I still haven't.
I pretty much felt the same way to the point I just stopped watching Stardust Crusaders like you. But I gave part 4 a go and it was such a nice palette cleanser in comparison with the slice of life small town mysteries and it brought me back hard. Then I ended up reading parts 5 - 6 and rewatched part 3 in the background.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't know anything about this property, but I have a question.

Do people actually like the art? It's...certainly unique.

Yes. Araki is a wonderful artist.

Would hang stuff like this on my wall if I had decent quality files:

AIcMyYX.jpg

TbR3b0G.jpg

1tO4KXi.jpg

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Goddamn the reactions to some scenes if the Anime gets to Part 7.

The World reveal was so godamn hype

dyzepatewiey.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, the artstyle has changed drastically over the years. Each part is a little different, but the art vastly improves. That being said, the anime does a great job of capturing the style and aesthetic of each part, especially regarding a series that leans so heavily into aesthetic.

This artwork is the most recent Araki has put out and I absolutely love the designs/redesigns featured here, and of course the color scheme:

qE0P6II.jpg

vd75P08.jpg

Haha, Wham is now wearing running shoes.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Man, this thread has me hyped for Stone Ocean. Sadly the earliest i expect it is Summer 2020 and that's the very earliest

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Goddamn the reactions to some scenes if the Anime gets to Part 7.

The World reveal was so godamn hype

dyzepatewiey.jpg

Someone accidentally clicking this spoiler would be devastating, so I'm posting to warn people NOT TO OPEN THIS SPOILER IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED PART 7 OF JOJO!

Absolutely insane moment that is peak Araki.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Reminder that Araki is doing Promotional Work for the 2020 Olympics. Also he did the covers to Stormbreaker:

latest

latest

OP
OP
EdibleKnife

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Man, this thread has me hyped for Stone Ocean. Sadly the earliest i expect it is Summer 2020 and that's the very earliest
I'm ready for a voice to put to Joylene lol Not ashamed to say that I've actually watched a few comic fandubs after my first time reading Stone Ocean. Some of the amature voice actors weren't bad.

Reminder that Araki is doing Promotional Work for the 2020 Olympics. Also he did the covers to Stormbreaker:

latest

latest
This is the first I'm hearing of the 2020 Olympics work he's doing! I might be willing to shell out some money for poster length Araki work in general let alone promotional stuff like that that might end up being rare.

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, the artstyle has changed drastically over the years. Each part is a little different, but the art vastly improves. That being said, the anime does a great job of capturing the style and aesthetic of each part, especially regarding a series that leans so heavily into aesthetic.

This artwork is the most recent Araki has put out and I absolutely love the designs/redesigns featured here, and of course the color scheme:

qE0P6II.jpg

vd75P08.jpg

I love how stylish this series is.

OP
OP
EdibleKnife

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
LOL This is fantastic!

I'm now reminded that the Jojo Battle Royale game, JoJo Last Survivor is still on the horizon. Still eager for news of a PC version alongside an option for making an original character ala the DBZ Xenoverse series. It'd be criminal on top of bad business sense to restrict this brilliance to Arcades only.

I love how stylish this series is.
I only wish I could pull off (or afford) the amazing fashion Araki draws

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to make a new thread because it's not going to be a popular opinion and will not lead anywhere productive, but having watched the anime adaptations of part 1, 2 and 3, I find the writing in this series to be rather bad. Every damn time "oh but while you doing X..", just stop already. Joseph doing that got tired already, but then part 3 takes those bad elements to above 100% and I just couldn't take it anymore. That, and Jotaro being an edgelord. For all the people going 'but DIO', he's a terrible villain compared to his far superior part 1 take. Part 1 is actually alright, part 2 overdoes it at the end, but 3 goes on waaay too long to maintain interest. Joseph returning in part 3 is what keeps it from falling apart though. Travel guide extraordinaire.
I also find Stands to be completely unappealing and the logic that comes with them to make the bad parts worse.

That said, it's hard to hate on the art (though arguably the 80s art in part 1 seems dated), so that part at least holds up.

This isn't a 'hate to hate' post btw, but I wanted to give 'something the internet likes' a chance and it didn't take. Also I did not want to make a thread. ( ... oooooh noooooo )

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
I'm catching up with the anime and so far it seems to follow the Star Trek movie rule of the even numbered ones are thw best.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I don't want to make a new thread because it's not going to be a popular opinion and will not lead anywhere productive, but having watched the anime adaptations of part 1, 2 and 3, I find the writing in this series to be rather bad. Every damn time "oh but while you doing X..", just stop already. Joseph doing that got tired already, but then part 3 takes those bad elements to above 100% and I just couldn't take it anymore. That, and Jotaro being an edgelord. For all the people going 'but DIO', he's a terrible villain compared to his far superior part 1 take. Part 1 is actually alright, part 2 overdoes it at the end, but 3 goes on waaay too long to maintain interest. Joseph returning in part 3 is what keeps it from falling apart though. Travel guide extraordinaire.
I also find Stands to be completely unappealing and the logic that comes with them to make the bad parts worse.

That said, it's hard to hate on the art (though arguably the 80s art in part 1 seems dated), so that part at least holds up.

This isn't a 'hate to hate' post btw, but I wanted to give 'something the internet likes' a chance and it didn't take. Also I did not want to make a thread. ( ... oooooh noooooo )
I really like 2, but 1 and 3 are my two least favorite parts (the former mainly because of how short it is). If you do decide to continue, just know that you have many people's favorite parts still ahead of you.
I'm catching up with the anime and so far it seems to follow the Star Trek movie rule of the even numbered ones are thw best.
As much as I like Part 5 (and have heard great things about 7), yup.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched an episode of Jojo but I feel like I've seen the entire series just through pure pop culture osmosis.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

"Though the chains of destiny may bind you,
Though you may be fated to fight,
Know that a noble heart is as strong as a diamond,
And as free as a golden wind in the sky.
Though you may be imprisoned in a sea of stone,
You can keep walking toward the light.
There's always a blessing waiting in the wings,
And as many signposts to guide you as there are stars in the sky.
Go now and journey beyond the stars!"

CrWFprf.jpg

HIROHIKO ARAKI (JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE: EYES OF HEAVEN)

Link: https://twitter.com/saaiiro/status/1144009781574852609

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
This thread actually opened talking about the important meeting of a guy with 4 balls and I read through the thread and not like one fucking person has said something about this and it distresses me greatly.

For myself I've seen the first 3 parts. I'll watch more and catch up eventually, but Stands mostly suck and I've been told if I think that I won't like what's to come, do there's like no excitement in me for continuing on right now.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
It's the greatest battle shounen of all time.

This thread actually opened talking about the important meeting of a guy with 4 balls and I read through the thread and not like one fucking person has said something about this and it distresses me greatly.

It's both really important and not important in the slightest.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
It's the greatest battle shounen of all time.

It's both really important and not important in the slightest.
I just needed it acknowledged. I literally read the opening again and again just to be sure I read it right and that it just didn't get brought up by anyone. I like JoJo but I have some fucking questions lol

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I just needed it acknowledged. I literally read the opening again and again just to be sure I read it right and that it just didn't get brought up by anyone. I like JoJo but I have some fucking questions lol

Well, if you want answers.

Thanks to...events... two people have merged into one new person and their stands mixed together to become one new stand. The melding wasn't perfect though as you can see a line separating their eyes and, as is pointed out, they have 4 balls.

Surprisingly enough, SEW uploaded a new recommendation vid for the animation of Part 5:

Wolf seems to put too much into a series to draw out analysis where there may be none. Like him talking about how Part 5 is about relationships like it's special to this part when all parts have those same beats or do it better (Part 4).

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Part 3 is near the bottom as far as Parts. Araki was just getting into stands so a lot of them/their fights suck and it has the worst group out of any of them.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we do get more anime someday, the anime always has some of the more compelling of character outfits, and the slowly bettering of drawings grows more and more appealing, though I've found lots of pretty cool looking character designs from each of the parts and can only imagine just how much more amazing some will be.

Don't know if anyone can top Fuugo, Narancia, Squalo, and Tiziano thus far.

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
Startes JoJo maybe a year ago and I loved it ever since. It became one of my favorite animes ever as I binged watched every episode. I really should start Part 6 of the manga since who knows when we'll get to see that animated

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Caught a random episode of this on adult swim and was completely lost. This anime is so weird that I cant even comprehend it. They were on a beach and kids were playing ball or something. And then this guy was writhing in pain and running away. I cant tell if this is horror or supernatural action.

The memes surrounding the anime are interesting tho.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Wolf seems to put too much into a series to draw out analysis where there may be none. Like him talking about how Part 5 is about relationships like it's special to this part when all parts have those same beats or do it better (Part 4).
He actually had the gall & said
"Josuke is the worst JoJo"

Yeah, us liking Araki's favorite character he had ever created? Poor taste to him apparently >:c

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably my favorite manga/anime series of all time. It's amazing to see all the wild ideas Araki's still able to come up with after decades of writing JoJo.