• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
https://news.avclub.com/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-now-longest-running-li-1843679409

In news as historic as it is completely unsurprising, FX has officially renewed It's Always In Philadelphia for a 15th season. As Deadline notes, this makes the series the longest-running live-action comedy series of all time, having now surpassed ABC's The Adventures Of Ozzie And Harriet.

This won't be the final season, of course. Creator Rob McElhenney is well-documented in his (correct) belief that the show could go on forever, and the the last several seasons have shown that there's still plenty of gas left in the tank. "We just turn on the news, man. Look online, look at social media," McElhenney told us last year. "There's no shortage of the places the human condition can take you to satirize."

Keep it going forever

tenor.gif

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I think the last season was a very decent return to form after an overall poor one prior (Dennis being back for it all helped), so if they want to keep it going then it's fine by me.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Due to today's news I just found out It's Always Sunny is probably the origin of the Karen meme.

D5iffay.jpg

Then I see this thread. What a coincidence.

Wait will there be a It's Always Sunny gif for everything soon?

Oct 29, 2017
Even though some of the more recent episodes haven't been that good (mainly some in season 13), they still manage to put out mostly amazing content. Even in S13 we ended up getting one of my favorite episodes from the whole series: Time's Up for the Gang -- what a gem that one is lol.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Started watching the show only a month ago and just reached Season 14. It's a fantastic show. It's not as consistently funny as say Arrested Development or Scrubs, but it's a lot of fun.

Birbos

Alt Account
Banned
May 15, 2020
This show definitely missed the mark in some of the more recent episodes. I don't want it to end, but I hope they can keep the quality high for the majority of new episodes.

gnilres

Oct 28, 2017
Due to today's news I just found out It's Always Sunny is probably the origin of the Karen meme.

I think this is just some using the DENNIS system for a meme and not actually from the show

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, i'll happily take another season.

D5iffay.jpg

I believe this is edited. The original seems to be a pic from the D.E.N.N.I.S episode.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved. Happens to be the GOAT sitcom too handily.

The quarantine episode already works but im still excited to see their coronavirus one. Mac totally would be on team "5G/Plannedemic"

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I realized recently that I missed 4 seasons, so I decided to start from the beginning again since I have nothing better to do. I just got to season 11 and so far it's consistently good to great, hoping the next 3 seasons are the same. I'm amazed at how hard some of these episodes make me laugh. Dennis and Mac Move To The Suburbs was fucking brilliant.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They only do like 12 episodes per season. Stuff like Ozzie & Harriet and My 3 Sons certainly put out more content.

Oct 27, 2017
Last season was actually excellent, and I don't even care if the dud-to-amazing ratio gets worse. I just love hanging out with these lunatics.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
And I never seen a single episode. I only ever seen gifs of it.

Not sure what channel or streaming service has it in Ireland.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Coincidentally watched all of S14 yesterday. Mac's line about turning on motion+ at the end of the Thundergun episode slayed me. A joke a lot of people aren't going to get and it's the final line.

I do pause before I recommend the show to people because of the transphobia. I mean these characters are racist and misogynistic and overall evil, but that particular character and the use of that word sticks out.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
A great idea for an episode would be the gang trying to somehow sneak into an Eagles game with no crowd.