• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've never been able to prove this but I've long suspected Juan Cena was more closely related to John Cena than was hinted at

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Craziest shit was when Cactus Jack retired

Then Mick Foley main evented wrestlemania

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Even after WCW folded, WWE was never able to sign Cactus Jack. I guess they couldn't afford him. Who knew he was such a big draw?

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
nah that's Animal from Takeshi's Castle
Animal%20sumo%20rings.jpg

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Not really a WWE fan, but I did bandwagon fan it during the exciting eras with Austin/Rock etc.

Man I'll never forget that elimination match where Foley entered as ALL of his personas. One by one they got eliminated, but then here comes another, lol. I haven't laughed that hard in YEARS man. It still makes me laugh thinking about it.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised Mankind didn't try to sue that filthy deathmatch wrestler Catus Jack for gimmick infringement.

Sho Nuff

Jan 6, 2019
Kyoto, JP
I can't find it, but I remember a promo where HHH was in the ring and Mankind was yelling at him from the Titantron, and THEN Cactus Jack ALSO comes out on the Titantron to fuck with Hunter then Dude Love ALSO appears on screen for three Foleys at once, and the camera cuts back to Hunter who is just losing his goddamn mind and he can't understand what's happening. Funniest shit I've ever seen

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Edge and Puddle of Mudd singer Wes Scantlin are twins separated at birth or doppelgangers.

Edge-0.jpg
Wes-Scantlin-Puddle-of-Mudd-1-1024x683.jpg

...but that's nonsense. They are the same person. Wes Scantlin wrestled in the WWE as his day job. Was a successful rock star by night. More successful than that other pro wrestler/rock star Chris Jericho.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Edge and Puddle of Mudd singer Wes Scantlin are twins separated at birth or doppelgangers.

Edge-0.jpg
Wes-Scantlin-Puddle-of-Mudd-1-1024x683.jpg

...but that's nonsense. They are the same person. Wes Scantlin wrestled in the WWE as his day job. Was a successful rock star by night. More successful than that other pro wrestler/rock star Chris Jericho.

In this light, this isn't actually Robert Redford, it's a time traveling Zach Galifianakis change my view

D_D3Vj_XoAAsxvW

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
20000113_mankindchangecropped--3d96698015ff923c3d5ad9852012032d.jpg

I thought it was a real shame when Mankind turned on Jack to align himself with HHH. Then again, I suppose Cactus DID try to impersonate him before that, so I suppose that annoyed him. Great promo by Cactus though...
www.wwe.com

Mankind turns into Cactus Jack: SmackDown, January 13, 2000

Mankind turns into Cactus Jack during an interview segment with Triple H.

Mideon's impersonation of Foley as Mankind was pretty great, guy was always the superior Godwin.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I was confused as fuck when Cactus Jack came out to Wrestle HHH at the Royal Rumble, had no idea who he was. I was still new to WWF and didn't understand why Mankind taking off his mask made him into a different character!

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Is there another promo where Mick Foley does all three characters and morphs in between them? I distinctly remember such a promo, yet Youtube is pulling up nothing.

pauljeremiah

Oct 28, 2017
Ireland
Say what you will about the New Generation, but it had good booking and great long term story telling.

The only storyline I remember having long term storytelling is the Bret v Owen saga. Started at SummerSlam 93 with Bret v Jerry Lawlor which lead to Lawlor and his knights versus the Hart family at the Survivor Series, Owen is the only Hart member to be eliminated after bumping into Bret while running into the ropes.

Bret and Owen form a tag team after working out their differences over Xmas, and face the Quebecers at the Royal Rumble for the tag team championship. An injured Bret tries to apply the sharpshooter but fails due to an in match leg injury instead of tagging Owen and the ref stops the match as Bret is deemed unfit to continue, Owen kicks Bret's leg out of his leg after the match. Bret goes on to co-win the Rumble later that night with our Lexable Friend Lex Luger.

Bret faces Owen in the opening match of Wrestlemania X, Owen wins the match but Bret wins the WWF Championship later that night against Yokozuna.

Bret faces Owen at SummerSlam 94 for the championship inside of a steal cage…

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
The only storyline I remember having long term storytelling is the Bret v Owen saga. Started at SummerSlam 93 with Bret v Jerry Lawlor which lead to Lawlor and his knights versus the Hart family at the Survivor Series, Owen is the only Hart member to be eliminated after bumping into Bret while running into the ropes.

Bret and Owen form a tag team after working out their differences over Xmas, and face the Quebecers at the Royal Rumble for the tag team championship. An injured Bret tries to apply the sharpshooter but fails due to an in match leg injury instead of tagging Owen and the ref stops the match as Bret is deemed unfit to continue, Owen kicks Bret's leg out of his leg after the match. Bret goes on to co-win the Rumble later that night with our Lexable Friend Lex Luger.

Bret faces Owen in the opening match of Wrestlemania X, Owen wins the match but Bret wins the WWF Championship later that night against Yokozuna.

Bret faces Owen at SummerSlam 94 for the championship inside of a steal cage…
Razor vs HBK
Undertaker vs Yokozuna
Lex Luger vs Yokozuna
Diesel vs HBK
123 Kid vs Razor

Just to name a few, all ran months without running the feud into the ground like they do today.