• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
So I've been trying to get back into shape the last couple of days after a prolonged depression period and dealing with my dad being sick and not being able to see him in person for 4 years. I'm not crazy overweight or anything, I'm basically at the top line of the average weight for my height but I used to be active and working out in regular intervals. Now let's look at this, I just did a session of Insanity: Max 30, this is one of my go to programs as it always gives me fast results and gets me back in condition fairly fast, it's a 30 minute workout, according to my watch I burnt about 340 calories.

Now look at this right here, these are the end of me:

front_de.49.full.jpg

Da4tcMvVwAAkWew.jpg

A pack of these fuckers has 684 calories, and I can easily eat two packs without any issues, it tastes absolutely amazing. How on earth is someone supposed to loose excess weight and get back in shape when demonic food like this exists?!?!
Let's not even mention pizza or fries. Had a slice of pizza or large fries from McDonalds? Well thank you for all of your sweat and moose grunts, but all that was basically in vain, enjoy the extra pound next week!
Is there anything that can break this Elden Ring?

Oh, woes!

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Pizza is the worst, I can eat two large pizzas no problem. I just have to pretend the stuff doesn't exist when I'm trying to lose weight.

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit, that's a lot of calories. I've been trying to gain weight---might need to buy these bad boys. (Probably not a healthy way to gain weight, huh)

signal

Oct 28, 2017
If those are 680 calories and you normally do a Max 30 that burns 340 calories, just do a Max 60 🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
I have absolutely no off switch when it comes to junk food, mainly chocolate, sucks my bodytype and metabolism always wants to keep fat too, I don't drink alcohol or soda but its always the food that gets me... I wont eat some or one serving I will eat the whole fucking block, so I just don't buy it for myself.

Defiantly recommend looking up more healthy snacks to make yourself to hold back the sugar cravings, SO makes some really nice coconut and dark chocolate fig slices.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's not good. The food industry loves inventing new calorie bombs that you can eat fifty of and only feel hungrier afterwards.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah they need to invent stuff that looks good BUT has 0 calories. Idk the science for that, but someone needs to do it

OP
OP
Mindfreak191

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Holy shit, that's a lot of calories. I've been trying to gain weight---might need to buy these bad boys. (Probably not a healthy way to gain weight, huh)
You can only get them in Eastern European stores, I have to travel almost an hour to Brooklyn to get these bad boys at a good price ($3 a pack)
If those are 680 calories and you normally do a Max 30 that burns 340 calories, just do a Max 60 🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠
I would, but my body says no lol

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
You just have to adjust your meals or workout. It wouldn't be that healthy, but you could cut your breakfast/lunch/dinner portions to account for the cookies.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
They not to buy them in the first place. I find it far easier to not buy something than not ear it if it's already in my house.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I burned like 2000 calories today

I can eat whatever I want lmao

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I wouldnt consume two packs of it.

Also stuff like Pizza or take out food - I usually go out at least once a month.

I got a lot of will power/self control lol

OP
OP
Mindfreak191

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I have absolutely no off switch when it comes to junk food, mainly chocolate, sucks my bodytype and metabolism always wants to keep fat too, I don't drink alcohol or soda but its always the food that gets me... I wont eat some or one serving I will eat the whole fucking block, so I just don't buy it for myself.

Defiantly recommend looking up more healthy snacks to make yourself to hold back the sugar cravings, SO makes some really nice coconut and dark chocolate fig slices.

I know, but....but...it's choc AND choc, it's not 1 choc it's 2 choc's between perfectly soft cake and covered in chocolate.....But to be serious for a second, yeah I used to blend fresh dates into a paste and have one spoon of that with some greek yoghurt, tastes really good. I know that in the end it's just self control, but damn if my switch isn't broken right now hahah

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yah self control and discipline are so hard when you fucking love junk food. Im with ya, OP.

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
I have found a Plant Based diet has helped my relationship with food overall. Craving, self-control, etc.

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
This is why diet is always a bigger source of weight loss than exercise. You can eat back the calories you burn in an hour workout during a five minute lapse of judgement. And the workout actually helps cause the craving.

That said, the workout has its own health benefits beyond weight loss, so it wasn't wasted.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
I know, but....but...it's choc AND choc, it's not 1 choc it's 2 choc's between perfectly soft cake and covered in chocolate.....But to be serious for a second, yeah I used to blend fresh dates into a paste and have one spoon of that with some greek yoghurt, tastes really good. I know that in the end it's just self control, but damn if my switch isn't broken right now hahah

Understandable believe me, if I don't curve my cravings I ALWAYS end up buying and consuming a whole bag of chips and a block of chocolate or cookies. Which would end up being like 3000-4000+ calories...Its a bloody struggle.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
Sometimes it seems like sugar's grip on me weakens the longer I keep away from it. Take it one day at a time. Good luck, OP.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
That was not what I was expecting. I really thought I was going to read about how you received a bad case of food poisoning lol

But yeah, getting hooked to food like that will certainly put a wrinkle on things.

OP
OP
Mindfreak191

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Out in Greenpoint? Just stop going to Brooklyn it's not that special
I demand a duel to death sir!

Well one good thing is I only get these every two months, because the only reason I still take that ride to Brooklyn is because I get my haircut from a Serbian lady that's been cutting my hair for 4 years now, I'm just way too loyal, the sweets are just icing on a cake lol

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the big lessons I learned in losing weight is to watch out for stuff exactly like this.

So much stuff that's not even remotely filling is like, a billion calories. It works out though, when you realize you can fill up on a nice meal out and enjoy your food compared to eating 4 girl scout cookies and still being hungry.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Yep - junk food is the worst. It doesn't make you full, it doesn't give you any nutrition, it just makes you want more junk food. Its full of shit that makes you fat and tired and gives you cancer. Avoid at all costs. I'm lucky, I rarely crave sweets. Pizza on the other hand... I have no control. I can't order it or I'll eat the whole thing.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
once you start getting into fitness and closely looking at what you're eating it becomes insane when you notice how calorie packed some foods are while being addicting and feeling like you're eating barely anything.

the opposite is also crazy, you telling me I can eat this bag of broccoli for only 80 calories? Meanwhile a person can be eating a salad thinking its healthy but its covered in dressing where merely a tablespoon can be 100 cals.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
This is why diet is always a bigger source of weight loss than exercise. You can eat back the calories you burn in an hour workout during a five minute lapse of judgement. And the workout actually helps cause the craving.

That said, the workout has its own health benefits beyond weight loss, so it wasn't wasted.
Yeah. As far as weight goes, I lost 40 lbs after losing my job, while also getting less exercise. Aparently I was pounding down a lot of calories stress eating on my breaks lol.

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm with ya OP. I just love junk food. I've been on that train for a while but I've been trying to cut it all out.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah they need to invent stuff that looks good BUT has 0 calories. Idk the science for that, but someone needs to do it
Have you heard the good word of shave ice? It's ice that has been shaved thin so that it resembles freshly-fallen snow in consistency and can easily be flavored with sugar-free flavorings. I bought a machine for making it a couple weeks ago and it's been great so far. It actually got to the point where I had to consciously eat more stuff that wasn't it because I wasn't getting enough actual food in my diet and began to feel weak.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
I'm glad I see those and just think they look kinda disgusting.

Growing up we had virtually no sweets and as an adult I think that's contributed to me finding almost all of them awful. Thankfully I do like ice cream on occasion, so I get that bit of vice. Other more savory desserts work too, eg cannolis.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
My favorite thing I had to give up forever were Fig Newtons. Those cookies rule but they're a "serving" size of fucking 2 and I could eat that whole sleeve at once. :(

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm okay against junk food. It's soda that fucks me up. I guess it's good the non powder coke would be my addiction.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Lol how tf are people here surviving 2000-3000 calorie burning exercises a day? I was burning 1200 calories on the treadmill during my 115 -> 78 kg weight loss period, and legit felt like I was going to drop dead any given day 😅

OP
OP
Mindfreak191

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017

This I know from my own experience, I cut out basically all sugar during April-May and was loosing weight consistently without lifting a finger workout wise, but yeah I've been bombarded with bad news lately that I've been just going back to comfort food. (for some context, those biscuits, I used to eat them back when I was home in the old country and basically didn't have a worry in the world, so it's all psychological). I'll get back on track eventually.

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Id kill for milka choco wafers.... when I was in portugal visiting family I destroyed those things... can't find them in ny/nj.. but I understansnhow u feel op

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Pizza is the worst, I can eat two large pizzas no problem. I just have to pretend the stuff doesn't exist when I'm trying to lose weight.
Hold up.

Two large pizzas? Like... in a sitting? Over the course of a day? Week?

What're we talking here? Plain? Toppings?

How? That's a LOT of pizza no matter what. I can't imagine.

Oct 25, 2017
I started calorie counting last week using an app and it's insane. I wanted a few chips today. 7 god damn tortilla chips are 140 calories. I could eat 50. 7 is not even worth it

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Hey I'd like to introduce this new snack I've been working on. It has no nutritional value but it's 3,000 calories per bite and if you don't have another one immediately afterwards you get the shakes. It's so cheap you basically have to buy it. You won't even enjoy it but you have to eat the whole pack.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
2 large pizzas? Are you sure? I know a lot of people say this but don't realize they aren't actually eating a whole real large pizza.

Fyi: an actual large pizza slice is ~14 inches long which may vary depending on if you are in USA or not.

Edit: unless you meant two large SLICES of pizza?

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Have you heard the good word of shave ice? It's ice that has been shaved thin so that it resembles freshly-fallen snow in consistency and can easily be flavored with sugar-free flavorings. I bought a machine for making it a couple weeks ago and it's been great so far. It actually got to the point where I had to consciously eat more stuff that wasn't it because I wasn't getting enough actual food in my diet and began to feel weak.
Oh thats genius! I'll have to look into buying the machine. I tried some a long time ago and loved it, sadly there aren't any places nearby.