• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you play a AA/AAA Jackie Chan based Beat 'Em Up Action/Adventure game?

• Hell Yes

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Nah

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Only if he also shoots guns and apologizes right after

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters

HussiZooT

Beware the Monkey's Paw
Nov 16, 2017
Jackie Chan, arguably one of the best action movie stars to have ever walked this Earth has sadly only had TWO games to his name all this while -

1. Jackie Chan Stuntmaster (PS1)
2. Jackie Chan Adventures (PS2)

The PS1 game, for me, is still one of the best beat 'em up games ever released, with the stunts, the action, the humor, everything just hitting perfectly.

And ever since then, we've got... nothing (besides the super-mediocre Jackie Chan Adventures). Doesn't Jackie Chan and his movie portfolio lend itself to possibly being a great Beat 'Em Up Action Adventure game?

Take some inspiration from the Arkham Games for the combat but since this is Jackie Chan, we'd get the environment involved much more; add in some Watch_Dogs/Assassins Creed inspired parkour and movement around the levels and put in some super insane stunt work that you'd get to play aka Uncharted games - and you have yourselves a super fun, action/adventure beat em up that also provides you with a lot of laughs.

I think, for a legacy of a man like Jackie Chan, he at the very least deserves one GOOD beat em up action/adventure game on the current/next gen consoles. A AA budget would also be good enough.

But that's maybe just me and my love for Jackie Chan and thirst for good beat em up games talking. Would this entice any of you? In this day and age where Jackie Chan isn't as relevant anymore, would a JC based beat em up sway you?

Edit - As pointed out, there are quite a lot of Jackie Chan games from the past that I clearly was unaware of (bad research on my part). Here's a list:

Last edited:

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Would probably be about him fucking up Hong Kong Protestors for the glory of the Motherland and dear Leader Xi.

(Fuck Jackie Chan)

sonicmj1

Oct 25, 2017
How dare you forget the best Jackie Chan game of them all: the arcade fighting game game Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire!

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I think, in a perfect world, Sleeping Dogs 2 would've taken more influences from Jackie Chan films in regards to its combat. The general foundation is already there I feel. If another comes out it should definitely take more from those movies.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Is this thread gonna be derailed? Lol

Good luck OP.

Also You missed the best jc game, fist of fire

OP
OP
HussiZooT

HussiZooT

Beware the Monkey's Paw
Nov 16, 2017
I think, in a perfect world, Sleeping Dogs 2 would've taken more influences from Jackie Chan films in regards to its combat. The general foundation is already there I feel. If another comes out it should definitely take more from those movies.
You're right. I totally forgot about Sleeping Dogs. The combat was still Arkham inspired, but yeah, the formula was there.
How dare you forget the best Jackie Chan game of them all: the arcade fighting game game Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire!

Holy shit! I never knew such a game existed!

Cheeky Devlin

Oct 31, 2017
Also missed "Jackie Chan's Action Kung-Fu" on the NES (Think it was on other stuff as well).

jackie-chan-action-kung-fu-nintendo-laser-time.jpg

EDIT: It's also a damn good little game. Been meaning to go back and give my copy a playthrough since I cleaned the Cart.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Said yes, but then I scrolled down and then googled and now I say...

[Warning:Volume]

Do a game like it's Jackie Chan, but it's not Jackie Chan.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've been a fan of Jackie Chan's movies since I was a boy, I own all his movies released in the States and some others that I got second hand and it's been a dream to have a Jackie Chan game that really plays into his environmental fighting style and humor. Sleeping Dogs I think could be a good base for using the environment, but definitely they would need to be less brutal.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Also missed "Jackie Chan's Action Kung-Fu" on the NES (Think it was on other stuff as well).

jackie-chan-action-kung-fu-nintendo-laser-time.jpg

EDIT: It's also a damn good little game. Been meaning to go back and give my copy a playthrough since I cleaned the Cart.
I was actually surprised to not see this one posted by the OP. As soon as I saw it was missing from the list, I thought, "OP, you got some research to do!".

There's a fucking lot of Jackie Chan games:

Old Hardcore Gaming 101 article.
OP says Jackie Chan only has two games and he should have more, when he literally HAS MORE!

llLeonhart

Oct 21, 2019

Would probably be about him fucking up Hong Kong Protestors for the glory of the Motherland and dear Leader Xi.

(Fuck Jackie Chan)

Jesus guys, chill.

Just because he has a different political view it doesn't make him a horrible person. He's a 65 year old man, with a very different background and values.

New Jackie Chan game would be dope. The PS1 one was insane for it's time.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
I met Jackie in real life once. They should make a real game with him, where he says 'fuck' and 'shit' every other sentence. lol

He's an awesome talented and crass old bastard.