• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
SyZ86ae.gif

Fuck yeah, George Bailey. The true OG.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
It's always amazed me that this film includes a high school gymnasium that has a retractable floor that reveals a swimming pool underneath. I've never seen that anywhere else. Seems like such a modern idea, but it's from the '40s?!

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
This movie is perfect. I've never cried during a movie before, but "Here's to my brother George, the richest man in town" fuckin chokes me up every single time.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's always amazed me that this film includes a high school gymnasium that has a retractable floor that reveals a swimming pool underneath. I've never seen that anywhere else. Seems like such a modern idea, but it's from the '40s?!
Also, back then, people swam naked in gym class. Just imagine George Bailey with his cock out.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
Overplayed pro-banking system weirdness that can actually be forgotten and I'd be fine with it but okay.

I should make a tearjerker about how student loans saved someone from drowning or something.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Overplayed pro-banking system weirdness that can actually be forgotten and I'd be fine with it but okay.

I should make a tearjerker about how student loans saved someone from drowning or something.
I just monologues at Bernie Sanders and luckily everyone in town will pay their fair share!

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
It definitely needs it but colorization is probably going to be done again at some point

I saw it for the first time last year and was shocked at how focused it was on the banking shit

OP
OP
Schlorgan

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
HighDefDigest review:
It's a Wonderful Life remains one of Hollywood's most heartwarming, inspirational, and emotional films, and in the splendor of 4K UHD and Dolby Vision HDR this cinema antique looks almost brand new. Few movies engender such unabashed affection or appeal to such a wide-ranging audience, and this 4K UHD edition makes this beloved movie more immediate and accessible than ever before. It's a Wonderful Life has endured scads of subpar home video releases over the years, but with exceptional video and lossless audio Paramount elevates this Frank Capra classic to new heights. Whether you watch it every Christmas or whenever you need a spiritual pick-me-up, this is another essential American film that demands a spot in your 4K UHD collection. Must Own.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They showed the last scene of this at our church recently and I had to fight back the tears. The ending is so ubiquitous, though I've only seen the full film maybe once or twice.

Glad to see the restoration did it proud.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Love this movie
I'm old enough to remember a time where it was on TV multiple times a day everyday before CBS made it a once a year event.

WastefulImpressionableGalapagosdove-size_restricted.gif

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
They showed the last scene of this at our church recently and I had to fight back the tears. The ending is so ubiquitous, though I've only seen the full film maybe once or twice.

Glad to see the restoration did it proud.
We watch it every year, at least in December if not always Christmas, and "To my brother George, the richest man in town" chokes me up a bit every time.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Either the best or close second best Christmas movie ever. I might buy this but it's on my DVR already.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I watch this every Christmas Eve, don't really like physical stuff though, wonder if any download services will have it.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Um, I'm American and I've never watched even a clip of this movie.

The fact that it was in black-and-white turned me off as a kid and I never got around to watching it afterwards once I got over that sort of stuff.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I can only stomach watching this the week of Christmas, that ending always fucking destroys me.

anigif_enhanced-12244-1449247226-6.gif

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all about that #warpedfrustratedyoungman life!!

that specific pool is still in use!

Soybean

Nov 12, 2017
Nice, I've owned the digital version on iTunes for a couple years and it was automatically upgraded to 4K (which does not always happen for whatever reason)