• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2017
So I left my wallet at home today, which means i have no cash and no way to pay anything at all. I am at work right now and don't know what to do for lunch other than awkwardly ask someone if they can lend me $10 bucks so I can eat. Furthermore I have no identification so I'm driving illegally I think and if I get pulled over I might be screwed? God forbid I get into an accident with no ID or insurance papers.

But going back to the money part, it's a weird feeling to want something as basic as food but not have the means to obtain it yourself. Guess this is what poor people feel consistently.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
I regularly have no money since tap to pay with my phone is a thing... so really I have money.

Now if I lost the phone and the wallet then I'd be really screwed, and that's exactly what happened to me at 3am in San Sebastian, Spain last month. No way of getting back to my airbnb, I'd lost my friend I'd gone to the club with, it started to rain, my spanish is ok but with all the drinking it was, shall we say sub par.

[edit] erm, have to say I did miss that last part of your post

[edit 2] and now my intial post makes me sound like a complete wanker

Last edited:

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Apple Pay, Google Pay, order some food in an app or on a website. Lots of answers!

I have a debit card on Apple Pay so in a pinch I can go pull out cash back at a grocery store.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I left my wallet at home today, which means i have no cash and no way to pay anything at all. I am at work right now and don't know what to do for lunch other than awkwardly ask someone if they can lend me $10 bucks so I can eat. Furthermore I have no identification so I'm driving illegally I think and if I get pulled over I might be screwed? God forbid I get into an accident with no ID or insurance papers.

But going back to the money part, it's a weird feeling to want something as basic as food but not have the means to obtain it yourself. Guess this is what poor people feel consistently.
I do this at least once a month, LOL. You'll be aight. Have apple pay?

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

If you get pulled over just tell the officer your license is at home. They can pull the information easily if they have to.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man this is some peak privilege. No this is not how poor people feel. Poor people are constantly having to decide what thing they are not going to be able to pay for month to month and make cuts accordingly. You forgetting your fucking lunch money is not the same

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Thought this thread would be a lot darker than it was.

I used to intentionally leave all forms of money at home so I wouldn't get tempted by vending machines halfway through my shift. I couldn't afford anything but what I brought for lunch, and I walked/biked so no public transit costs. Lately I buy my breakfast and lunch every day, granted from the cheapest place near here, but it still feels extravagant.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, that's not what poor people feel. They don't have money somewhere else. That sense of security isn't there.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I mean you have your phone, you can use apple pay/google pay to pay at the till using NFC.
You can order food online, depending on where you live you may even be able to go to the bank and ask for cash.

EDIT: Just read this.
Guess this is what poor people feel consistently.
Yikes !
Here's a thought for you, you know you can go home and eat food. You know tomorrow if you will have your wallet with you and don't have to think twice about buying food. No poor people don't feel like this.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Having no money is having none at home and none when you are out of the home. Nor none in a banking account. Not like leaving your wallet at home smh.

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IYcLf.jpg

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Lol ERA gonna roast you like that guy who said he was homeless but like was living in a hotel. Im hoping that was also you

OP
OP
Nov 16, 2017
lol @ people taking this thread ultra seriously. Why can't I just make a fun thread about my weird feeling of not being able to buy food because I don't have a wallet?

Oct 25, 2017
Bruh....

lol @ people taking this thread ultra seriously. Why can't I just make a fun thread about my weird feeling of not being able to buy food because I don't have a wallet?

Because there are many people who post here who actually don't have much money and struggle daily whereas you can just use your phone to order food or borrow from a coworker for a day

And who keeps their car insurance papers in their wallet? Keep that in the glove box

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
Hm, I think what you felt is the inconvenience of not having money you do have on your person. Being poor is something else entirely.
I'm the opposite, having money all the time is still weird for me. I used to sleep in toilets at university and had to repeat a semester because I ran out of tuition. I had two pairs of jeans for two years. Today I have over ten pairs of shoes. But I promise you, every now and then, I remember what being poor was. Sorry I went off track.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is just the reality of many people. I've been poor all my life, often living paycheck to paycheck. A lot of the for profit services that exist in cities feel largely inaccessible to me, including food, places to sit and be warm, bathrooms, etc. Living in a city without money is like living in a desert, and you've got to find ways to get by.

Coyote Zamora

alt account
Banned
Jul 19, 2019
You're not even in a bind. You can walk right into a local branch of your bank and verify your identity and withdraw enough money to get lunch.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Because your post was incredibly ignorant and comes off and mocking poor people who actually do struggle on a day by day basis.

Lol ERA gonna roast you like that guy who said he was homeless but like was living in a hotel. Im hoping that was also you

You can be living in a hotel and still be classed as homeless.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

Because you compared your very temporary situation to "how poor people must feel."

That isn't how poor people feel. Try using the same razor blade to shave for months at a time or forgoing medicine and get back to me.

Deleted member 60582

Banned
Oct 12, 2019
A few years back, my paycheck was delayed by a day and I had to use the last of what was in my checking account to buy lunch. Sitting there, in Golden Corral, realizing that THAT was what I had spent my last $12 on was a particularly low point.

Status
Not open for further replies.