• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
The Sopranos wrapped up its run well before the narrative adventure game carved out a niche for itself with the catalog from Telltale, Dontnod and Supermassive games

Some of my favorite parts of the series are the interactions, the dialogue between Tony and his crew, the sitdowns and therapy sessions. Imagine playing as Tony in a game original arc of the show, navigating your way around your family and the idiots and psychopaths of the show's universe. Characters could speak out of turn and torpedo your whole deal.

James Gandolfini has unfortunately passed but I think a performance that imitates him wouldn't be out of the question. Most of the major cast members are still around as well, if things could be worked out. The show deserves a better showing that "Road to Respect" at least.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
I think this masterpiece was enough
mv5bmzhiztvkmgetzmnlmc00mdhhlthiyzqtnmfhowfimgy3odc3xkeyxkfqcgdeqxvynzawnzu5nzaat-v1-1547038010.jpg

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ged the fuck oudda heyyyrrreeee

Deleted member 52065

Jan 16, 2019
The Sopranos was less about narrative than being immersed in the lives of people who's way of life was becoming less and less relevant and possible. If anything it may work stronger in concept as a video game than as a show.

OP
OP
Sibersk Esto

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
There's that one shot when Paulie turns around to see the 'empty' space behind him that genuinely creeped me out the first time. Something about the way it was shot/cut was really good, and of course his reaction is amazing.

Scared the shit out of me
The Sopranos was less about narrative than being immersed in the lives of people who's way of life was becoming less and less relevant and possible. If anything it may work stronger in concept as a video game than as a show.

Huh, never thought of it that way
Sopranos desperately needs a Mafia 2 style game.

Could also work, although I never really thought of a GTA style game really capturing what was great about the show