• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cieviz

Jan 11, 2018
Well, we deserved to lose and the elimination.
Anyway, we wouldn't have won the World Cup title this year, because it's coming home for sure this time.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'll always have 2006. Still chasing the high of watching an amazing playmaker like Pirlo. Any advice for teams to follow with a player like that?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Seems Mancini might resign next week. In all seriousness he was our last and worst hope at the same time. There's no excuse from going to greatness and then being responsible for another World cup exit. This is insane to me after watching the Euro documentary they made months ago. They seemed so confident there. What was the point of replacing Balotelli for Pedro if only Pedro came on at the 87th or so minute? It is a disaster for Italy and this will never be forgotten. Mancini even put Chiellini to play in the end when the guy is in poor form. His decisions may have gave us the amazing Euro but they also cost us badly after that. Looking back, I don't think we would have won the Euro if it weren't for Spinazzola and Chiesa. Those two were still injured last night but still.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that. One of the biggest upsets in ages.

We lost to these guys as well at home and they didn't go down easy in their Euro matches.

Think this is the new normal.
After Korea 2 Germany 0 in 2018, I believe anything can happen.

In European Qualifiers, played as a Knock-out mini tournament, I expect plenty of massive upsets going forward.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
They defeated evil in the euro finals last year but this is still hilarious

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How do you win the Euro cup in between both world cups that you miss?

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
FOrMYORVgAACFYG

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
With Italy winning a match in the 6 Nations Rugby and Ferrari back to winning ways in F1 something had to give... But to North Macedonia? Oof!

already bad them needing the playoffs and not qualifying automatically. At that point its a risky dice roll no matter who your opposition

Thwomp

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
After last night, we have one chance if, simultaneously:

- Venezuela beats or draw vs Colombia
- Peru loses or draw vs Paraguay
- Chile beats Uruguay by at least one goal (draw eliminates us)

That gives us the 5th place to play against the asian team for a qualify spot

My family is from Chile, so I always hear lots of complaining when they lose.

"csm!!!"

Sharingan9092

Nov 19, 2020
A lot of people doesn't seem to understand what football is about; for one, it's a sport where not always the best team wins, like in almost all the other sports.Secondly, it's much easier to defend than to attack.

And finally, national team players don't play together, they don't train together, they have different coaches, different styles of plays etc, and this is specially true for the big countries. Smaller teams that train together for months for an Euro or a World Cup manage to get upsets constantly

TlDR: Nations football suck, club's football is were it's at.
After last night, we have one chance if, simultaneously:

- Venezuela beats or draw vs Colombia
- Peru loses or draw vs Paraguay
- Chile beats Uruguay by at least one goal (draw eliminates us)

That gives us the 5th place to play against the asian team for a qualify spot
My family is from Chile, so I always hear lots of complaining when they lose.

"csm!!!"

Kattlauv

Oct 28, 2017
Manila
I'm done with my team. Winning the Euro and then knocked out of the World Cup again. I'm done… go Canada. Italy are a embarrassment unbelievably so. How on earth do you lose to Macedonia?! Yeah I'm doneeee done like hell. I can't support my team anymore knowing I have to wait 4 years.

4 years is nothing.