• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
racism.jpg

"With this trio of paintings, I tried to show that we are all complex and fascinating creatures, who can be sad or happy, Catholic, Muslim or Buddhist, but at the end of the day, what decides who we are is not the colour of our skin."

It was originally commissioned for the Coppa Italia between Lazio and Atalanta in May.

"I only paint monkeys as a metaphor for human beings. We turn the concept back on the racists, as we are all monkeys originally. So I painted a Western monkey, an Asian monkey and a black monkey."

Yikes this thread if old. But also just plain yikes.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And I thought the infamous Black Friday headline was bad enough. This is just mega yikes.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Not the best idea. And not clear either. Maybe just show human beings getting along with each other. No metaphores needed. Wow...

DirtyManos

Oct 25, 2017
This almost sounds like something a racist would say to excuse their racism...

"I don't get why people are offended by what I said...we're all monkeys, aren't we??"

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"We turn the concept back on the racists, as we are all monkeys originally."

So we all come from the same place.

"So I painted a Western monkey, an Asian monkey and a black monkey."

Scratch that, we all come from three different places.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
That's not quite how it works. Humans are primates and apes. Other apes and humans share a common ancestor. Monkeys and apes share a less recent common ancestor.
I figure most people use the word monkey as a catch all term, like how people use bugs as a catch all for insects even though it's not technically correct.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Try again.

That said no poster or speech will change these people's' minds. They need to start playing games in empty stadiums and penalizing teams points for abject fan behavior.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine how much money they could have saved on this campaign if they'd asked just a single black person's opinion.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
This is like the gang from Its Always Sunny come up with an idea to try and prove they aren't racist.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
i mean. they went out. and looked for. and found an artist who specialized in monkey art.

UnlinedElementaryGrub-size_restricted.gif

why

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I keep looking at the monkey's to see what this artist is on about, I just don't fucking get what the hell is going on, what's the fucking David Bowie face paint shit supposed to mean?

Is it supposed to make you so confused you forget to be racist.