• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Italian or American sculptors?

• Italy

Votes: 260 87.0%
  • America

Votes: 39 13.0%

• Total voters

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Italy
tour_img-1752712-148.jpg

America
asgf1G1-yPwuFPEhSRY3aIPSyUMq9LY3b4k9U1hjHQs.jpg

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
I mean, it's Italy I guess on quality of the actual sculpture. But don't forget that the Romans used to paint their statues and they almost always looked hilarious and awful with the paint applied.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
There is amazing American sculpture, come on OP.

But, nothing beats the Pieta, in my opinion. Absolutely incredible stuff.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
she looks a little exhausted. someone should give her a break.

did someone try to shoot her right in the boob? looks like battle damage.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Her face... D: Is this a copy or restauration of an old statue that went wrong?
This is on top of the Texas state capitol building in Austin, it doesn't seem weird when look at it from the street.
I donno if they intentionally did it like that so you notice the feature or they just didn't give a fuck because you need a drone or a Spiderman to see it.

ygRmSOP.jpg

I've been around this place a bunch of times and I only learned from the internet she looks weird.

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
This is on top of the Texas state capitol building in Austin, it doesn't seem weird when look at it from the street.
I donno if they intentionally did it like that so you notice the feature or they just didn't give a fuck because you need a drone or a Spiderman to see it.

ygRmSOP.jpg

I've been around this place a bunch of times and I only learned from the internet she looks weird.

doesn't look weird from far away...

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
It has nothing to do with the quality of the art, our sculptors are immaculate.

It's the subject matter. That weird goblin dude on the goofy pony just looked like that, man.

(The fact American sculptors love to work in metal instead of marble obviously doesn't help anything.)