• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Valentonis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 8, 2020
Highlight of the night for me. Josef's a nutjob, but he definitely seems to have a good eye for game direction, and I love the little co-op niche he's built for himself.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
A definite standout trailer and reveal. Had so much damn charm to it. It should have some strong react videos from the YT community.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Legitimately thought this was one of the best games shown. And actual gameplay too unlike the CGI fest that plagued the rest of the show. Looks really charming and fun. And I'm a sucker for that honey I shrunk the kids/borrowers scale difference.

Wow, looks like there's a lot of variety in scenarios!

That's kinda of their thing. Every scene in 'a way out' was basically a different gameplay mechanic/gimmick. You rarely did anything twice. I imagine the same will be similar here although taken to the next level since it isn't bound by "realism"

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Legitimately thought this was one of the best games shown. And actual gameplay too unlike the CGI fest that plagued the rest of the show. Looks really charming and fun. And I'm a sucker for that honey I shrunk the kids/borrowers scale difference.

That's kinda of their thing. Every scene in 'a way out' was basically a different gameplay mechanic/gimmick. You rarely did anything twice. I imagine the same will be similar here although taken to the next level since it isn't bound by "realism"
Which must require a lot of pre-production and imagination time to come up with all those ideas rather than in most games, you're doing the same repetitive things and scenarios for dozens of hours. Can't wait!

Myself

Nov 4, 2017

I need to play A Way Out - I loved Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Wow that looks really good.

Made this pop in my head though lol...

200.gif

qrac

Nov 13, 2017
Looks great, will be playing with my SO.

Btw for people not knowing, check also out the directors movies (Jalla jalla, Kops, etc), really fun comedies :D

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, superb trailer. Now that is how you announce your game - lots of actual gameplay, showing diversity in playstyles, diversity in locations, cute character moments and with a great soundtrack. Not to mention the art style is wonderful, it looks really creative and it looks like it has a good sense of humour.

I'm really impressed by this trailer. It ticks all the boxes for what I want to see when a new game is revealed, and it's coming out in 3 months which is also great.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
This looks amazing? The first 30 seconds of the trailer were really under-selling it.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
if i know anything about Josef Fares games, ive got a good guess how it will end narratively but not mechanically

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Always down for a Josef Fares game. Loved brothers and had a blast co-opting a way out with a buddy. This game looks like it's gonna be a blast.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow. Josef is a greater game director than movie director at this point. That looks amazing, and he doesn't seem to have a concept of "gameplay loop", which is extremely refreshing. He's just telling a story using any fitting gameplay idea that comes to mind.

Jul 24, 2020
Looks like it might capitalize on the directors eccentric personality a bit better than his previous game. Intrigued.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
The best reveal of the show, easily. It looks so fun, I love these games that are made with the intention of strengthening bonds between two people.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
This came out of nowhere and looks absolutely incredible. Can't wait to play this with my SO, it feels like the perfect couple game.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
That's actually legit the game that looked the most next gen for me last night. There is something about the geometry density and light, materials everywhere..

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I mentioned in the main Game Awards thread, but the tone of this is *vastly* different from what I imagined when it was teased several months ago, and I - while I certainly wasn't averse to a game touching on the subject matter in the way I'd imagined from the trailer, I do also really really like the actual tone of the game as it really is.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Wow, what a step-up visually from A Way Out. I remember joking about the PS2 driving sequence there. Also looked like a tooooon of fun to play. I'll be in!