• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cook method

• cold

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • hot

Votes: 296 74.6%
  • I don't eat instant ramen, too much sodium (liar)

Votes: 90 22.7%

• Total voters

gunlovefiction

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It takes 30 minutes to cook instant ramen in cold water. I put the noodles and flavouring pack in an empty brita filter filled with cold water. Took 30 minutes to finish cooking, texture was more mealy than normal but still perfectly edible. They did not fall apart. Good if you have no power

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
rather have cold soup

got a bunch of cans of soup in my cupboard

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ramen broth is part of the food you know. Why would you have it cold?

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Cold ramen sounds like the worst thing ever. At that point you're better off eating it raw.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Never had it cold, might give it a try. A friend put me on to eating it dry, it's a a nice snack. Spicy flavoring usually taste better but i don't use the whole thing because it can be overpowering.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
giphy.gif

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Not quite sure that counts as cooking them, but i could see that being handy during a pinch when the power is out.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
When I was camping, we ran out of fuel for our stove while the pasta was cooking. We couldn't get a fire going because it was raining.
We let the pasta sit in the lukewarm water for like 25 minutes and it was the most tasteless disgusting piece of shit prison food I have ever had, and I wish it on no one.
Not even the cheese powder could save that KD.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
When I was camping, we ran out of fuel for our stove while the pasta was cooking. We couldn't get a fire going because it was raining.
We let the pasta sit in the lukewarm water for like 25 minutes and it was the most tasteless disgusting piece of shit prison food I have ever had, and I wish it on no one.
Not even the cheese powder could save that KD.
you brought mac and cheese camping?

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not a ramen expert, but everything I've seen about cooking the best ramen involves adding a bunch of other stuff to it to make it more palatable. I don't know why you would be okay with making it...less palatable.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
you're not cooking it. Instant ramen is just hardened in a block of seasoning and you're softening it up. That's like saying I cooked frosted flakes when I let them sit in the milk and they got soggy