• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 10, 2018
Yes life can be pretty great now for some, we have food, shelter, Internet, smartphones, cars, electricity, etc and I'm very grateful for all these things.
However, if we were born now or later, we would likely witness things that greatly change humanity, things like Artificial intelligence, human robotic and gene augmentation, advanced robots like ex machina or Walter from alien Covenant, etc.

Yes, we might be the lucky ones who die before or are old when world war 3 happens or some other apocalyptic event, but still it feels in 25 - 50yrs from now humanity is going to see one of the largest technological advances in human history.

We may live long enough, to see it, I hope we do.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
On the plus side, we'll all be dead and gone when the BAD shit starts like point of no return global warming and scarce resources...

Last edited:

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
We were born too late to explore the world, and too early to explore the universe.

Dont worry OP, try to get to 100, and you should at least see half of what you are expecting.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
imagine those who died before these came out

7BlsHiO.jpg

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
No,

We're fortunate to live in a time where we can eat ourselves sick, throw half our food away in the trash, piss and shit in a river, and pretend none of it matters.

The more likely future is genocide as entire nations migrates from certain death to a maybe death.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned - Inappropriate Joke
You're right. Better to die right this instant.

BRB.

neptunez

Apr 21, 2018
Cool shit? What about all the irreversible changes that will occur once we pass the point of no return?

You know the things the next generation will have to deal with?

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it will be shit.

The way thing are going right now there is no reason to stay optimistic about the future.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
yeah but we were born just in time to browse dank memes tho

sounds like we were born in the right time to me

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
For all we know, we all might die right before Global Warming starts fucking everything up catastrophically.

It sure would suck for the younger generation, but it would be a good time to go.

Pyccko

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
the entire human race along with the planet is going to be dead before anything cool and sci-fi actually happens

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I too consider the technology that will cement the stratification of human society "cool shit" that I will be sad to miss.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
We, as a species, gotta survive the heat death of this planet first.

Can't reach the stars if the generation before starves to death

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
if it makes you feel any better, accumulated life experiences can't be appreciated in death and they mean nothing

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes life can be pretty great now for some, we have food, shelter, Internet, smartphones, cars, electricity, etc and I'm very grateful for all these things.
However, if we were born now or later, we would likely witness things that greatly change humanity, things like Artificial intelligence, human robotic and gene augmentation, advanced robots like ex machina or Walter from alien Covenant, etc.

Yes, we might be the lucky ones who die before or are old when world war 3 happens or some other apocalyptic event, but still it feels in 25 - 50yrs from now humanity is going to see one of the largest technological advances in human history.

We may live long enough, to see it, I hope we do.
What do you want to see? Like 10 foot basketball player with go-go gadget legs?

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
We are currently living in the best time for dank memes. I will never regret when I was born for this and this reason alone

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
you are assuming that we will survive climate change. A future shown in movies like Interstellar is not that far fetched as the population keeps on increasing, and our global footprint just keeps on growing. These actually might be the last years before the Earth transitions into unrecognizable mess.

Darklor01

Nov 2, 2017
Lol! Come on. Everyone dies before the insane advances in tech take shape since tech is constantly evolving and going through revolutions at an insane rate. In my lifetime alone, which is nowhere near over I hope, we went from computers requiring banks of reel to reel tape to compute small amounts of data(relatively) to what we have now.

This is silly.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Im pretty sure we gonna see in less than 10 years a major breakthrough in AI that will expand tech in a crazy - fast way. So dont give your hopes up yet OP!

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All we have to do is live long enough to live forever.
In other words, live to see the singularity.

Instantaneous godhood, in theory.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Every technology you mentioned is going to fuck us without a drastic change in how we view the lives of human when their labor is no longer required or no attached capital

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
You are missing the amazing things that are happening now. SMARTPHONES - Like Elon said, we are practically cyborgs with how attached we are to these. Call anyone, message anyone, instant information, you can learn about ANYTHING with a google search. There is so much cool wireless tech too! If you have a phone, smart watch, and wireless earbuds you're already living in the future. You can get almost anything delivered to your door in 2 days. You can have lights that turn any color controlled by your voice. Almost any song or film is available to you instantly from almost anywhere. VIRTUAL REALITY GAMES. Stop looking ahead and remember to love in the present for a bit. Cars are starting to drive themselves, AI is in its infancy (and there is a very real possibility that it will render us irrelevant, you might NOT want to see this in its full form.) This IS the future!