• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
"Georgia's unemployment rate dropped last month to 4.5%, about a percent higher than last March's pre-pandemic rate of 3.6%, but much lower than last April's jobless peak of 12.5%

At the same time, the Georgia Department of Labor's website, EmployGeorgia.com, includes about 223,000 listings, over half of which advertise annual salaries higher than $40,000, said Georgia Labor Commissioner Mark Butler.

"March is yet another month where we have seen job growth throughout the state," Butler said. "EmployGeorgia is showing triple the amount of job listings that we were seeing at the start of pandemic. Georgia has gained a vast majority of the jobs that were lost since March of last year, and we continue to remain strong in economic growth and business development.""

georgiarecorder.com

Georgia job growth picks up steam as strong pandemic recovery continues • Georgia Recorder

Georgia's unemployment rate is falling as the economy reopens, but some still struggle to fin work or obtain benefits.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
So by "we" you mean Georgia? Good. Good for them/you. Hopefully this continues, and also hopefully this lets their Democratic Senators cruise to re-election.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Always look at unemployment numbers with a giant grain of salt. Just because people are working doesn't mean that they are getting paid enough to actually live and contribute. Its why it is dangerous to hyperfocus on unemployment as this win or loss thing. Looking at that article, the rate a year ago was less than 4 so would you say Georgia was doing awesome with Trump before COVID? This is how a lot of conservative people can get elected because they talk jobs but not the type of jobs that people can provide for their families with.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Real good considering how many states are enacting anti-Transgender laws, Jim Crow-era laws stripping voting rights across the country, and Joe's reaction to the deaths of black people at the hands of the police. But hey, unemployment is down, not considering most of the jobs coming back are service ones making well under the even basic $15 minimum.

He'd at least done well on the pandemic, even if some states are lagging waaaaay behind in outreach to half of the GOP base and rural areas are still playing catch-up.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
My mental health is doing amazing now that we no longer have a bloviating idiot and his posse of asslicking morons in the White House.

OP
OP
Boondocks

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
Real good considering how many states are enacting anti-Transgender laws, Jim Crow-era laws stripping voting rights across the country, and Joe's reaction to the deaths of black people at the hands of the police. But hey, unemployment is down, not considering most of the jobs coming back are service ones making well under the even basic $15 minimum.

He'd at least done well on the pandemic, even if some states are lagging waaaaay behind in outreach to half of the GOP base and rural areas are still playing catch-up.
He's doing what he can, give him some space.

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017
We're fucked if we don't pass HR1 and the Voting Rights Act. It's already likely too late to prevent the gerrymandering in 2022. This is just a 2-year reprieve.

sejny

Oct 30, 2017
Definitely keep hearing about new stock market highs being reached and definitely remember the fear mongering around how they would tank if Biden won... guess not. Not that the stock market help the average Joe too much, but you get the idea.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Here i am sitting here being a trans NB person, looking as 2/3rds of the country is on the precipice (or already has) passed laws against me or people like me. Fuck off with this "we" stuff.

(Edit) to be clear, yes it could be worse under trump... But ask me if that's ANY comfort.

OP
OP
Boondocks

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
Here i am sitting here being a trans NB person, looking was 2/3rds of the country is on the precipice (or already has) passed laws against me or people like me. Fuck off with this "we" stuff.
I'm sorry but that is up to the states, Biden already said how he feels about this:
www.whitehouse.gov

Executive Order on Preventing and Combating Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity or Sexual Orientation | The White House

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows: Section 1. Policy. Every person should be treated with respect and dignity and should be able to live without fear, no matter who they are or whom they...

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'm sorry but that is up to the states, Biden already said how he feels about this:
www.whitehouse.gov

Executive Order on Preventing and Combating Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity or Sexual Orientation | The White House

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows: Section 1. Policy. Every person should be treated with respect and dignity and should be able to live without fear, no matter who they are or whom they...
I, too, am a fan of states rights and their ability to ruin the lives of people with no recourse.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
About 2 years ago I said I'll rescind my snarky comments about the Democrats if and when the concentration camps are closed, and I intend to stick by that.

Have we made any progress on that front?

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
www.whitehouse.gov

The equality act has been sitting in limbo for 2 months, and neither he nor the current Congress have done anything while these laws pass. Ask me if i care about what he thinks if he doesn't act on the national stage where he has power.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
The only thing I like about seeing employment numbers is the ability to throw them in my parents' faces. They were all about "the economy was soooo good under Trump"

Pre-pandemic though. Pandemic doesn't count apparently.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
"Georgia's unemployment rate dropped last month to 4.5%, about a percent higher than last March's pre-pandemic rate of 3.6%, but much lower than last April's jobless peak of 12.5%

At the same time, the Georgia Department of Labor's website, EmployGeorgia.com, includes about 223,000 listings, over half of which advertise annual salaries higher than $40,000, said Georgia Labor Commissioner Mark Butler.

"March is yet another month where we have seen job growth throughout the state," Butler said. "EmployGeorgia is showing triple the amount of job listings that we were seeing at the start of pandemic. Georgia has gained a vast majority of the jobs that were lost since March of last year, and we continue to remain strong in economic growth and business development.""

georgiarecorder.com

Georgia job growth picks up steam as strong pandemic recovery continues • Georgia Recorder

Georgia's unemployment rate is falling as the economy reopens, but some still struggle to fin work or obtain benefits.

We're missing millions of jobs since pre-pandemic.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It's sad that liberals like yourself are still relying on Trump to try and shut down criticism of Biden.
Ep9Df5TWwAMNpeD.jpg

So what would you do?
I'm not the President. I'd say he could actually push Congress to end the filibuster, push more progressive policies, actually speak out against the horrific laws being passed in multiple states on a variety of issues, and not only offer up tired EOs, then hide behind the fact that he's got zero power to do anything.

Hell, take a rule from Trump's playbook and actually, for once, overreach on EOs and make Federalist Judges fight over it in court.

OP
OP
Boondocks

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
who said they aren't giving him a chance? he's already missed chances and it's perfectly valid to point that out but nobody is asking fo rhim to resign. you're such a weirdo.
I don't know, it just seems like we expect perfection, but no one is going to provide that. I say we work with what we got, I say let's make folks more tolerant one step at a time. You are not going to convince folks by passing a law. Familiarity is the key.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
But there are multiple failures thus far. How many chances does he get?
As many as he needs until it's fine to actually criticize him after the next GOP ghoul takes over the WH, but still, give him a few years after that, once society has crumbled. Then feel free to say he wasn't that great of a president.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I do not like Joe Biden and nothing about this administration has changed that opinion.

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, after Trump, it's nice to have someone who isn't a racist and a complete moron. It would so fucking awful if Trump was still president, dear God, I don't even want to think about it...

OP
OP
Boondocks

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
As many as he needs until it's fine to actually criticize him after the next GOP ghoul takes over the WH, but still, give him a few years after that, once society has crumbled. Then feel free to say he wasn't that great of a president.
I don't even understand this. So you are saying give up? Fuck that shit. If you can't fight for your future , I say give up.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Always look at unemployment numbers with a giant grain of salt. Just because people are working doesn't mean that they are getting paid enough to actually live and contribute. Its why it is dangerous to hyperfocus on unemployment as this win or loss thing. Looking at that article, the rate a year ago was less than 4 so would you say Georgia was doing awesome with Trump before COVID? This is how a lot of conservative people can get elected because they talk jobs but not the type of jobs that people can provide for their families with.

Yep Australia for example counts *employment* if you are working 2 hours a week...our current government loves putting out the numbers for rise of employment despite the insane increase in part time, under employment and gig work.

Oct 3, 2019
So you would rather go back to Trump?

Oh I'm sorry for not having enough sympathy for a career politician who's currently the most powerful person in the world.

Is Biden perfect? No? Then he's not doing enough. I don't give a fuck about Joe Biden, I give a fuck about the downtrodden and marginalized people in this country, and shutting your mouth because "oh guys he's trying his best" is some real ignorant privileged shit. This old man exists in his position solely to serve me and the people I care about, period.

I think this rich old white man will be fine taking some heat.

OP
OP
Boondocks

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
Oh I'm sorry for not having enough sympathy for a career politician who's currently the most powerful person in the world.

Is Biden perfect? No? Then he's not doing enough. I don't give a fuck about Joe Biden, I give a fuck about the downtrodden and marginalized people in this country, and shutting your mouth because "oh guys he's trying his best" is some real ignorant privileged shit. This old man exists in his position solely to serve me and the people I care about, period.

I think this rich old white man will be fine taking some heat.
Ok, who would you vote for in the next Presidential election? Let's hear your choices. Convince me, whom I should vote for in 2024.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Biggest failures so far off the top of my head are his handling of Saudi Arabia, addressing police abuse, and the border (though that's been somewhat complicated by the surge of unaccompanied minors).

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Ok, who would you vote for in the next Presidential election? Let's hear your choices. Convince me, whom I should vote for in 2024.
This country is a shitty moderate country at best so unfortunately someone like Biden is the best thing we can do. I personally hate moderates and Republicans but obviously I had no choice but to vote for Biden.

They least he could do though is truly push the Dems to find a way to pass HR1 and the voting rights act. Anything else would be a giant slap in the face to us minorities.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
I am sincerely glad that you're happy with what he's done so far. Really, I am. And you'll hear nobody here saying they'd rather have Trump. But that doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't expect better. We need a stronger push for progressive policies to expect any meaningful changes in our life time, and Biden (and most moderate democrats) tends to be more than content with the status quo. It's just not good enough.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Your argument here is stupid, dishonest, and insulting. We're almost 4 years away from the Presidential elections, we get to criticize him for whatever the fuck we want. Basically you've decided you're alowed to praise him, but criticism for bad things is off the table forever because Republicans exist.

Edit: It's particularly ridiculous on Era. This is the off topic board of a videogame forum. It's not going to cost him the election lol.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry, Biden will be neutered when Republicans take back the house and Senate in 2024.

OP
OP
Boondocks

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
This country is a shitty moderate country at best so unfortunately someone like Biden is the best thing we can do. I personally hate moderates and Republicans but obviously I had no choice but to vote for Biden.

They least he could do though is truly push the Dems to find a way to pass HR1 and the voting rights act. Anything else would be a giant slap in the face to us minorities.
See, it's complicated. it's not always the best choice, sometimes it who you got to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.