• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They had to suffer through the embarrassing puddle gate bullshit and now this incessant begging over a skin. Their response is fine.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
They haven't even used the GOAT costume
latest

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sam Raimi's Spider-Man should have legendary meme status as the SW prequels. Difference is, Raimi's was legit.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I totally get that they can't deliver every fan request, but I'd sort of like to know the reasoning for why they can't do it since it's just a skin.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Put Raimi suit and Danny Elfman music in while swinging and I will play this game from the beginning one more time. Please do it!

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Video game community: *dogs Insomniac relentlessly for months with incessant requests*

Insomniac: *replies with direct, direct, honest response*

Video game community: "Woah woah woah, no need to be a dick about it!"

It's always adorable when Gamers™, they of the frequent harassment of devs, minorities, women, etc. try to tone police.

Oct 25, 2017
It's always adorable when Gamers™, they of the frequent harassment of devs, minorities, women, etc. try to tone police.
You don't understand the scope of the "tone police" fallacy since you're using it in this context. All it means is that someone's tone is not a direct argument against the argument they're making. That's literally it. Tone can still be distracting and it can still be criticized, especially in a customer-manufacturer relationship.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Yup.

Gamers: "Make the Raimi suit you lazy dev fucks. How many times do we have to ask?"
Insomniac: "We heard you, we aren't doing it."
Gamers: "Whoa too harsh! At least be professional about it!"
tenor.gif

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Inflammatory false equivalence.
Raimi cultists are the alt right portion of the fanbase. Constantly SCREECHING that the movies are the most popular incarnations of the charachter like its fact, and displaying an awful sense of entitlement.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
I totally get that they can't deliver every fan request, but I'd sort of like to know the reasoning for why they can't do it since it's just a skin.

I get the feeling Marvel asked Insomniac not to use any movie suits outside of the current MCU Spider-Man

Although sometimes game studios are just weird about this, we had to wait until the fourth Arkham game to finally get the Burton & Nolan suits

ucanadam

Alt account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
This thread is pure trash . Raimi suit was amazing and fuck off who compares raimi fans to alt right shit.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Raimi cultists are the alt right portion of the fanbase. Constantly SCREECHING that the movies are the most popular incarnations of the charachter like its fact, and displaying an awful sense of entitlement.

Thank God the Raimi cultists have such and intelligent and reasonable people such as yourself to show them the light

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love the Raimi suit because Tobey Maguire is the best Spider-Man. Would have been awesome to play as him in the new game.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at the dogpiling of the Raimi suit in this thread like bottom barrel suits like Secret War and Fear Itself aren't in the base game.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
I'm surprised how much is being read into a single reply to someone. (I guess I'm not surprised actually...)

But I'll always attempt to be as frank and transparent as I can, and if there's something I'm not talking about, there's almost always a reason.

Oct 26, 2017
Well that's a damn shame. I would've loved to get a bit of a nostalgic throw back with the Raimi suit and, perhaps, the Danny Elfman score. Maybe in a sequel or something. The game was plenty good enough for me to anticipate one

Nov 3, 2017
I don't know if it's just me, but in my head reading this it sounds like Insomniac is sick and tired of hearing people ask about that suit to be in the game.

I would be too if I was them

All these incredible suits you made and all you hear is whining about this one suit people have nostalgia for because of 1 good 1 mediocre and 1 god awful movie

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's like three version of the classic Spider-Man suit, the damaged version, the repaired version and the Comic variant one.

There's no need for a fourth one.

How so? Disney owns Marvel, Marvel produced Spiderman1-3, Sony owns columbia who also did spiderman 1-3. So I can't really see how Sony isn't able to or Marvel isn't able to do this here.

Sony currently owns the Spider-Man movie license that also includes suit design and the character. There was a reason why the Sony movie characters didn't appear in Spider-verse.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Disappointing, Raimi's Spidey was the best.

Maybe in the inevitable sequel? Cmon Insomniac, don't be assholes, pretty please?

ucanadam

Alt account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
There's like three version of the classic Spider-Man suit, the damaged version, the repaired version and the Comic variant one.

There's no need for a fourth one.

Sony currently owns the Spider-Man movie license that also includes suit design and the character. There was a reason why the Sony movie characters didn't appear in Spider-verse.
Spider Verse the movie or comic?

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised how much is being read into a single reply to someone. (I guess I'm not surprised actually...)

But I'll always attempt to be as frank and transparent as I can, and if there's something I'm not talking about, there's almost always a reason.

Thanks for the response here!

I am sure you know why we all want the suit, it isn't unique in any way but such an important part of Spidey's history.

I know you guys want it there too! Hopefully the powers at be will one day allow it.

Have a great Holiday season and vacation! Can't wait to finish off the DLC trilogy over the holidays!

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they dont go back to formula with the sequel

(I haven't even played it yet tbh, just wanted to quote the goat superhero filmseries)

No harm done tho if the classic suit is already in the game. The raimi one skews pretty close to that anyways

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing passive-aggressive about it, it's extremely direct and clear.
Condescendingly explaining the difference between "listening" and "taking action" to someone that already knows the difference is almost definitely passive-aggressive and will certainly be read that way. Trying to weasel out of accountability by being pedantic is passive-aggressive. Anyone working in PR or customer service should probably know better. Either don't respond or come up with something better.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
All I want are cartoon meme Spidey, 1970s live action TV Spidey and Japanese live action Spidey and we can call it a day.