• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Microsoft already dropping support for Series S and console's less than a year on the market. Told ya guys. /s

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Less bezel more art is good, but I find the big block of white a bit much. I suppose it's very clear, which probably wasn't the case beforehand. Will be interesting what they do when they no longer support Xbox One, because it looks very easy for them to just remove the white in future.

ChaosZeroX

Oct 26, 2017
Just saw this posted on the Xbox reddit and some twitter accounts dedicated to Xbox news:

yw9yg9sui8571.jpg

Lock if fake.
Looks good, but that white is a little off putting lol

nss

Apr 10, 2018
I think the larger banner looks tackier, especially with how much empty space is there when it's only one one platform. The Xbox logo should be centered, which could be used to reduce the height of the banner and then a white on black banner would look better.

But also irrelevant for me as I'm never gonna buy a boxed game again

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
So close to perfection. Frustratingly close.

That white part takes up far too much space, should be a thin strip at the top.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
We've had a couple threads on this I think, anywho the white background behind the system labels is kinda basic but other than that much much better.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I am guess this is starting in September? Hades is still using the old design.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Don't pay too much attention to the imperfections in my quick edit, but this looks way better, imo:

VW8vLNJ.png

Why does that white bit need to take up so much space for so few words? Looks better as it was in black too.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Meant to post this in here, but it ended up in the other thread.
Don't pay too much attention to the imperfections in my quick edit, but this looks way better, imo:

VW8vLNJ.png

Why does that white bit need to take up so much space for so few words? Looks better as it was in black too.

Dado2

Mar 30, 2021
I think that top left box is supposed to mimic the achievement notification, which popped up for me on the top left of my screen yesterday in I forget which game.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
It's a lot better than the old box design simply because the old one looked too much like the Xbox one design.

This looks unfinished but still it's better for the box design to be different. Just so we don't get cases like Call of duty, where the box was almost identical, yet only one of them was the current gen version.

So I think games that don't use smart delivery should stick with the old Xbox one design.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Might be cheaper than having a stamped logo with white or foil paint. Spindle still on the left?

Should bump that pink Horizon standard bar to the right of the white and keep it one stripe.

jaffaro

Banned
Mar 16, 2018
Still it's stupid that it says Xbox Series X. Why can't it be Xbox Series X/S? Microsoft uses that on their webpages pretty often.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
The smaller "bezels" with the black "Series..." box instead of the huge white box would be ideal.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a fan of boxarts that let you see more of the art, don't love the white box with console info in it. Should have been black instead of white.

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of off topic, but how does smart delivery work with physical games? Which version is in on the disc?

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
like it, wonder if they will still do the seal tape thing on the side notch still, i kinda like it but also find it annoying

tbh though with gamepass i can't even think of the last physical xbox game I bought.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Kind of off topic, but how does smart delivery work with physical games? Which version is in on the disc?
You usually need an update with SD games, because whats on the disk wont have the SX update. In the case of Hitman 3, you cant even play the game without the SX update.

MVG talks about it here