• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the "Standard" banner for FH5 would be in line with the platforms/white part.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
You usually need an update with SD games, because whats on the disk wont have the SX update. In the case of Hitman 3, you cant even play the game without the SX update.

MVG talks about it here

So if you don't connect to Xbox live you can't play the next gen version even if you own the disc?

This doesn't sound good from a game preservation point of view

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
How many times does it need to say it's a Series X game on the box? Hopefully by the next edit they can get it.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Should use the thin black label on the New Box. Also, why does there need to be a second Series X logo in the right corner?

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
So if you don't connect to Xbox live you can't play the next gen version even if you own the disc?

Yeah its the case with smart delivery games, but native SX games like DMCV do actually have the full game on the disk, and dont need any updates to be able to play.

I'm not sure what smart delivery means for native SX games like flight simulator though, so that be an interesting game to test if it can be played with no update.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Yes I know it obviously works on Series S but this is retail packaging.

This forum is for core gamers so we understand the difference but the general public who aren't so well versed or people buying gifts this will just cause confusion. Parents, grandparents, friends who aren't into gaming in the holidays etc will be confused
How is that any different than a confused parent buying a PS5 disc for little Billy that has a digital edition? Mistakes happen and it'll probably only happen once. Putting an S on it would hurt more than help.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
How is that any different than a confused parent buying a PS5 disc for little Billy that has a digital edition? Mistakes happen and it'll probably only happen once. Putting an S on it would hurt more than help.

Oh shit my bad I totally forgot the Series S is discless.

Ok guys what an idiot I am. Apologies haha

YasuYone

Feb 17, 2021
I still dont like the white banners like PS5. But glad it is something closer to the Switch box art where they remove that top banner and show more of the art.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Yes I know it obviously works on Series S but this is retail packaging.

This forum is for core gamers so we understand the difference but the general public who aren't so well versed or people buying gifts this will just cause confusion. Parents, grandparents, friends who aren't into gaming in the holidays etc will be confused
Huh?

You literally can't use this disc on the Series S. Putting it on the box will cause more confusion.

Akelisrain

Oct 30, 2017
Bel Air MD
Not a fan of the white, it is too bright and draws attention away from the Art work. Dislike on the PS5 as well. Old cases are better imo.

Last edited:

Cubs017

Mar 16, 2020
It doesn't look good but it's important.

They really messed up by not having a more unique name for their new console. I still get the names confused between the different Xbox One consoles.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they should have "Xbox Series" instead of "Xbox Series X". people will ask questions about Series S

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018

Well that's the thing, the disc doesn't actually contain the Xbox Series version of the game, it has the Xbox One version of the game that you then get an update for via Smart Delivery.
Games that are next-gen only won't have that problem.

nofuckinidea

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised how many people like the new design. It looks horrendous imo

They should've went with sth similar to this
xbox-series-x-nuovo-logo-custodia-fan-made-halo-infinite-v3-441749-640x360.jpg

But with Xbox Series X and Xbox One on top for cross gen games.

Anyway, thanks to Game Pass I don't have to buy a physical Xbox game ever again :D

Daria

Oct 25, 2017
The Twilight Zone
The only real issue that'll happen are relatives buying Xbox games as gifts without realizing they may have a Series S. If that's the case, you return it. This is literally nothing to get worked up about. It's something to be mad about to be mad about something.

barley

Banned
Aug 16, 2018
it's good but it definitely works better for some than others.

works well with the flight simulator key art but the halo infinite logo placement is not great

ArcaneStar_

Sep 14, 2018
I like the idea but I don't really like that white and that basic black font. The fact the game art is a bigger part of the box now is great, tho, I like that.

At least it is 800x better than the ps5 one. The Switch is the best still, however

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
I really like it! It's clean, straight to the point and looks like it gives more of the cover art.