• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
It's turkey time, friend. Get thee Christmas spirit behind thee until the end of the thanksgiving day parade.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Nah I'd rather still enjoy the Halloween hangover, get ready for Thanksgiving, and then get into Christmas mode on Black Friday.

Until then fuck all this Winter time horseshit it's still Autumn!

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Not quite. Halloween wreath comes down and wheat/bounty wreath goes up. THEN Christmas wreath. Don't dare skip over the coolest wreath. I already took it out of the attic.

Professor Lich

Resettlement Advisor
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are you a new member OP? Never seen your name before. Glad you could join us during this wonderful time of the year!

And whatever happened to Thanksgiving?

Last edited:

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I'm cynical ten months out of the year, but for two glorious months it's WOO CHRISTMAS HYPE TRAIN!

Follow the bouncing ball!

negreenfield

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely despise Christmas it's nothing more than consumerism at it's worst.
Just let it go bro. Let the Christmas spirit overtake you. We were all like you once, worried about "consumerism" but we gave in and now we love Christmas. Join us.

I don't go crazy but I do love Christmas season outside of all the present buying. That part does suck but everything else is great. Puts me in a good mood so I'm all in OP.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Heck yeah, the best time of the year. Time to start Freeform's 31 day countdown to the 25 day countdown to Christmas.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Christmas doesn't have the same sharp cutoff as Halloween. My Christmas tree is up until early January (at least) but on November 1st, you better get that pumpkin out of my face.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Now that Halloween has finally gone we can focus on the good holiday

Since there is no Thanksgiving it's a straight run up to Christmas for me.

I have half my presents bought. Brexit was meant to be today so I ordered early just in case.

I have set a date to set up the Christmas tree and I am on the lookout for new decorations.

I have already seen Christmas ads on the TV.

Even the ad on here is about Christmas parties.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
tumblr_phj8jzh1ng1t026ljkk.jpg
LOL!!

And yes, I've already begun listening to Christmas music.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
The Christmas season is my absolute favorite time of the year BUT it doesn't begin until the day after Thanksgiving OP.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I can't remember if Planes, Trains, and Automobiles was Thanksgiving or Christmas movie. Either way. I haven't been home in years.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I am indeed putting up the Christmas lights today. I follow the Disney Parks model. Halloween ends, it disappears without a trace, and up go the trees.

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I think you're a little late OP. I've been celebrating the coming of Christmas since the middle of October.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Summer just won't fuck off here in Cali. It's gonna be mid 80s most of November. I can't do another Thanksgiving where it was 95 degrees, that shit was wrong.

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
this will be the first thanksgiving ill have with my sister around in 6 years

im lowkey excited despite how much i hate these next two months

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I was shocked this morning to see that all the coffee places had rolled over to holiday cups.

Dunkin Donuts in FULL holiday mode already.

My rule of thumb is it's not Christmas until I see Santa at the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. I am strict to this rule... and I absolutely LOVE Christmas... but it needs boundaries, otherwise it's not special.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I feel let down by Halloween. It was surprisingly spookless. Hoping the festive holiday season makes up for it.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Our retail shops put out our Christmas merchandise starting in late AUGUST.

It makes me a little crazy, every year.