• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alexander89

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
Telekom webshop had some day1 inventory yesterday in Hungary. Twelve (12) units to be exact. Ridiculous.

Slovak Telekom had at least 200 or even more, but people hat to pre-register and they started calling two days ago. I almost pulled off gettin three, but only got 2 after all.

Not sure if they had some on their website yesterday or all the stock was for the people that pre-registered

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
First console launch, huh? I had to queue up for 13 hours to get a Wii on launch day and the store only had 10 and didn't get any more for months.
Holy moly... for the Wii I was able to place a preorder at Toys R Us (in person, with down payment) and pick it up on launch day without hassle.

Vitet

Oct 31, 2017
Valencia, Spain
Yeah I didn't think it would be this crazy. Here in Spain my friend and me only managed to preorder one for the launch (he already got it) but he was very insistent yesterday with GAME as he also had some money to use so he barely just managed to preorder one. The website was working poorly so it charged him twice and we are still discovering if he had preordered one or two consoles (the wording at the preorder is strange). Anyway, rumours say we will receive the consoles on December 15th, so it seems the next batch will not show for a while.

EDIT: Payment error, GAME only allows 1 PS5 per person, so we only got one now.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Asturias, Spain here. I pre-ordered mine day one at GAME. Paid it in full four days ago. Got shipped two days ago. Out for delivery yesterday...

... it never came. Nobody ever got here, though *I* apparently asked for the delivery date to be changed. Nobody picks up the phone at the shipping company. Nobody answers their online contact form. Both my PS5DE and an Amazon delivery I was due from them as well are lost in the ether. Just my luck.

GokouD

Oct 30, 2017
This all makes me very glad I have no interest in a next gen console lol. I'll get one in a couple of years when it's cheap. (I'm already starting to stress about what it will be like trying to snag a potential Switch Pro next year though haha)

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
One Finnish store straight out says that if you order PS5 today you will get it in May 2021, maybe.

Another states "2021" for availability for orders made now, not even daring to estimate month.

Shiny Man

Nov 18, 2020
Loulé
Yeah like many people here already said, this is no shocking news. I work for one of the biggest tech retailers in europe and i've already been ordered by my superiors to tell customers asking for a PS5 that we have no clue when we're getting more stock xD

Denkoyugo

Oct 27, 2017
Holland
Yeah, good to see that some places still have series S in stores. Here it's all sold out and re-supply is not known. (Netherlands)

Oct 25, 2017
jVpvGUj.png

"Where's my PS5 at?" trending in Germany lol

edit: It's not #1 on the German Twitter trends.

Last edited:

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
On Amazon's gaming bestseller list of the entire year (!) the disc PS5 is now #16 in Germany and #11 in the UK.
Crazy that the PS5 is so hard to find, despite stock seemingly being fairly big in those countries.

Rick44-4

Oct 8, 2020
On Amazon's gaming bestseller list of the entire year (!) the disc PS5 is now #16 in Germany and #11 in the UK.
Crazy that the PS5 is so hard to find, despite stock seemingly being fairly big in those countries.
It's because the demand is insane, some people think it's cause Sony didn't make enough, well they were never gonna be able to lol.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
No units available for general purchase in Portugal, scalpers going in hard in the local olx with prices up to €1000.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
I love how one company here in Finland informed about a limited stock for sale today at 11 AM but they went and sold it at 10 AM so I missed the whole thing. So trustworthy company.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
No units available for general purchase in Portugal, scalpers going in hard in the local olx with prices up to €1000.

Things are getting crazy here in Portugal. Playstation social media, most outlets social media, etc are getting swarmed with nasty comments about how this wasn't even a console release and simply people that pre-ordered it got it, since the ones that bought it yesterday will only get them by December 15 (which is the date they are giving people). It kinda feels like 2 batches of consoles and you get the chance to pre-order each one of them really.

Quite insane. Whoever runs Worten twitter account is also going insane, lmao!

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
The ps5 was an absolute doddle to get hold of compared to the 3080 which was pretty much impossible for the first six weeks.

Re ps5 things will calm down in a few months with many more units available

F-Pina

Nerd Monkeys
Verified
Nov 3, 2017
Lisbon
Same in Portugal.
I made peace with the fact that I won't get one probably until next year and will just enjoy and play other games.
Also, there is a pandemic and people are dying. Get over it.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine they must've sold out every single unit in EU. Norway's small fry in terms of population (and we probably got low shipments too), but one of our major retailers sold out of PS5s in literally seconds. The thirst is real all over EU.

Somebody told me Scandinavia got 20 000 consoles. We are 21 million people (more if Finland is counted as part of that market).
Less than 1 in 1000 got a PS5, It's more probable that you get Covid, lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Somebody told me Scandinavia got 20 000 consoles. We are 21 million people (more if Finland is counted as part of that market).
Less than 1 in 1000 got a PS5, It's more probable that you get Covid, lol.

Yeah, there were like 60.000 people hammering F5 at Elkjøp Norway's website yesterday, and they probably had somewhere between 500 and 2000 consoles tops for sale, haha.

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
To post what I did in the Pre-order thread:

Seriously, how do I in Germany have any clue at all when and where I should attempt to buy a PS5 for the rest of 2020? I get that you guys have been anxious to get your consoles delivered but for the rest of us we're just going to be totally in the dark.

-------

Like, I have no clue when I should even start checking local stores. I don't know of a German Wario64 either.

ABitAshamed

Feb 10, 2019
According to you when will it be available to buy without much trouble? Do we have some tidbits about this ? I don't remember how was the situation for ps4

Jun 3, 2018
London

Seriously, how do I in Germany have any clue at all when and where I should attempt to buy a PS5 for the rest of 2020? I get that you guys have been anxious to get your consoles delivered but for the rest of us we're just going to be totally in the dark.

-------

Like, I have no clue when I should even start checking local stores. I don't know of a German Wario64 either.

I have put in email notifications for eBay Kleinanzeigen, but aside from that, I don't know either. Gameswirtschaft.de had good overviews for pre-order availability. But I don't know if they will continue doing this, because they have also stated that there won't be any additional consoles before Christmas. It's very likely that we have to wait a couple of months.

I wish Sony had a queue system in place like in the USA. That would be at least a small, regular chance to buy one for a retail price.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017

-------

Müller is always a safe bet. If you have one near you, try it there. They had several PS4s when it launched even a week after release

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
According to you when will it be available to buy without much trouble? Do we have some tidbits about this ? I don't remember how was the situation for ps4
First of all, it really varies per country. For example, it's pretty clear that bigger countries (and the UK in particular) received proportionally more stock than smaller countries, or at least had more opportunities to secure a console. In smaller countries, not only stock was extremely limited but several smaller retailers never managed to satisfy even initial preorders and thus several people are frustrated now.

One major difference compared to the PS4 launch, is the fact that by Sony making all consoles available through online channels, no consoles were available on launch day (unless some retailer got a few preorder cancellations). During the PS4 launch, Sony ensured that quite a few consoles were available at retail on launch day for walk in customers.

Of course, demand for the PS5 appears to be way higher than initial PS4 demand which makes the whole situation look desperate.

Kyubajin

Feb 22, 2019
I had pre-ordered mine through Fnac Spain but they supposedly cancelled my pre-order. Today it got charged and got a message saying that I'll get it either tomorrow or on Monday :D

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
I have put in email notifications for eBay Kleinanzeigen, but aside from that, I don't know either. Gameswirtschaft.de had good overviews for pre-order availability. But I don't know if they will continue doing this, because they have also stated that there won't be any additional consoles before Christmas. It's very likely that we have to wait a couple of months.

I wish Sony had a queue system in place like in the USA. That would be at least a small, regular chance to buy one for a retail price.

Would be nice, or if there were so much crowd sourcing dedicated to this in Germany as there has always been in America.

Müller is always a safe bet. If you have one near you, try it there. They had several PS4s when it launched even a week after release

I have a Saturn that is like 5 minutes away and 2 Müllers in biking distance. I actually buy all my video games from Müller so I'm down, the only thing is there's all this conflicting information about whether there will be any in store stock at all in Germany, and then also it seems like Sony is doing it like in the US and not allowing stores to carry stock for the first week for Corona reasons?

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland was a disaster today. Between websites crashing and bots it was impossible to buy one. I'm beyond gutted.
Sony needs to clarify when and in what quantity PS5 stock will be replenished ffs!
I would honestly not expect the bolded. No retailer is going to want a repeat of yesterday where their website is crushed by session volume tanking their sales during the time period. It might happen once demand has slowed down enough that it isn't a risk, but it's much safer from a retailer point of view to just gradually and quietly open up sales when stock is available and shutting it afterwards rather than setting a definite date when orders can reopen. It might leak out when stock is expected, but I'd be shocked if any retailer would purposely open themselves up to what happened yesterday during their peak trading period.

Jan 20, 2019
Ireland was a disaster today. Between websites crashing and bots it was impossible to buy one. I'm beyond gutted.
Sony needs to clarify when and in what quantity PS5 stock will be replenished ffs!

I think the problem is that reatailers took more orders then they could have and now they have a real problem on their hands.

shnitzel

Dec 3, 2017
Would be nice, or if there were so much crowd sourcing dedicated to this in Germany as there has always been in America.

I have a Saturn that is like 5 minutes away and 2 Müllers in biking distance. I actually buy all my video games from Müller so I'm down, the only thing is there's all this conflicting information about whether there will be any in store stock at all in Germany, and then also it seems like Sony is doing it like in the US and not allowing stores to carry stock for the first week for Corona reasons?
My Müller here said that they are selling the Playstation 5 online only and not in stores.

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
My Müller here said that they are selling the Playstation 5 online only and not in stores.

Did they specify any timeline for them doing that? If we had that piece of the puzzle – when/if stores will slowly start putting consoles on shelves – this would be so less of a clusterfuck.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
thank god i had an inside source for the mediamarkt preorder time in my country on launch day. I secured mine and it comes next week \o/

Jun 17, 2018
All available units were preordered and sold. I've also heard that bots managed to grab most units that were made available on launch dates in the UK.

Just wait it out until stock is more readily available, its a free for all when it comes to grabbing one online as websites are going down and payments aren't being taken. That all seems a little stressful in my opinion.

gzell60

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
That's no surprise, really. That was the case with PS4 already 7 years ago, and in the meantime demand has multiplied, while a pandemic is still going on.

ABitAshamed

Feb 10, 2019
First of all, it really varies per country. For example, it's pretty clear that bigger countries and UK in particular received comparatively more stock than smaller countries, or at least had more opportunities to secure a console. In smaller countries, not only stock was extremely limited but several smaller retailers never managed to satisfy even initial preorders and thus several people are frustrated now. One major difference compared to the PS4 launch, is the fact that by Sony making all consoles available through online channels, no consoles were available on launch day (unless some retailer got a few preorder cancellations). During the PS4 launch, Sony ensured that quite a few consoles were available at retail on launch day for walk in customers. Of course, demand for the PS5 appears to be way higher than initial PS4 demand which makes the whole situation look desperate.
Yes and the covid add another unclear point... I hope we know more about coming stocks soon, I hope I can get one before the end of the free ps4 games of PlayStation collection

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Funny thing here in Portugal, during pre order time on September, the digital edition sold out in 1 day but the normal PS5 took about 3 days to sell out, so there was more than enough time to pre-order one. I tought demand would not be too agressive here so i waited for launch day. Well launch day arrived and everething got sold out in 10 mins. Good stuff i was camping 3 online stores as soon midnight hitted so i managed to order 1 that should only arrive December 15th. Some accessories are also hard to find now. Pulse Headset and the controllers charger is also sold out everywhere here.

Next batch of consoles probably just for next year. The demand for the PS5 is in insane levels, makes me curious how many ppl would had purchased it day 1 if there was unlimited stock for everyone.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I had to return my broken PS5 today in Germany (Media Markt) and they told me that there are no replacement units for customers like me with them. January would be the earliest for that. So I assume that would also count for wider availability. My retailer therefore is now trying through Sony with repair or replacement now but god knows when that will spring a result. They said it can take 21 days or more.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Re ps5 things will calm down in a few months with many more units available
Yeah; but many people are in, or heading into, a second lockdown; and Xmas is coming up.
It's easy to say "just wait a few months" if that doesn't affect you.
A new console is the ideal distraction for many right now. It's been a rough year for a lot of us.

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
I only got mine as I happened to randomly check the EU preorder thread at the right time in the middle of a random Friday when there was a 10 min window to get an order in from 1 website...

It's been a disaster. Retailers seem pretty clueless and are contradicting themselves, backing down on promises or just admitting they have no idea when they will get more

neroxyr

Nov 14, 2018
Nex-gen console launch: Pandemic/Scalpers Edition, still can't figure out why they would launch a console considering all what's happening right now.

pobble4ox

Dec 5, 2017
Nex-gen console launch: Pandemic/Scalpers Edition, still can't figure out why they would launch a console considering all what's happening right now.

Thank you! I find it a bit callous and appalling that we have two console launches during a lockdown here in Ireland and abroad. I guess the machinery of commerce stops for no one...

Oct 26, 2017
idk why anyone is surprised when we've seen console launches before, and the preorder chaos a couple of months ago was a good indication of what launch was going to be like. trying to just walk into a shop and buy a new console on launch day is.. brave. and this year is going to be much worse for just about everything.

zer0_X

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 23, 2020
I've ordered it in Brazil and the estimated delivery date is December 24th.
That's ok, really, but not ideal. Anyway, there's always a chance it will get some discount in the next weeks, so I can cancel my previous purchase