• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
All online retailers are all out and I am not going out to pick it up from anywhere (not that I'd find one anyway). I'd like to think there will be some stock somewhere within a week, but I guess that's wishful thinking.

Arguably, PS5 did not launch in November. More like a few lucky people got one in an early access event.
A few lucky millions of people.

Nikokuno

Unshakable Resolve
Jul 22, 2019
People underestimate : 1/ launch day, 2/ pandemic effects.

I know people who got two. Followed the pre-order thing on multiple retaillers website, etc. (France).

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Funniest part is that the second proper shipment will see the same crazy demand and probably be gone in few minutes after popping up online. At this rate PS5 will be readily available by maybe May-June 2021.

in some parts of Europe PS4 was not readily available (so you can walk to random store and snatch one) before like May 2014 so it wouldn't surprise me if PS5 shares the same fate (even with higher shipments).

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017

Alpende

Oct 26, 2017
I've given up on checking sites constantly. I'll just wait until there is stock. As far as I can remember the PS4 launch went a lot smoother.

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I had got one this morning from EE in the UK however it would appear a mass cancellation of orders is forthcoming from them so maybe not.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone wants PS5. It is the thing to have. Gotta have PS5. If you don't have one, like what even are you? Enjoy PS5.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
None of my three preorders paid off (even though admittedly I made them last week so I wasn't expecting anything), but I'm glad I snagged a XSX to bridge me over until stocks are plentiful.
PS is a secondary platform for me at best this gen, anyway.

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017

They took orders way past when they stated they'd sold out. No delivery dates have been given and customer services are giving dates ranging from 15th December to 21st January.

They've also been telling folk that their orders weren't orders, rather a request to purchase whatever the hell that means and that they've yet to receive and allocate stock.

Not holding my breath tbh.

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland was a disaster today. Between websites crashing and bots it was impossible to buy one. I'm beyond gutted.
Sony needs to clarify when and in what quantity PS5 stock will be replenished ffs!

Field

Oct 29, 2017
I feel really lucky to get one yesterday. I missed the initial pre orders and it was sold out everywhere in my country. But one online shop added stock that went fast but I managed to grab one.

W17LY

Aug 29, 2018
I got mine yesterday and was able to get two more for my two brothers. It required to smash F5 in the main retailers web lol.

barjed

Project Lead
Verified
Aug 31, 2018
We have actual, legit game stores scalping in Warsaw. Right now PS5 can be bought for 4999 PLN (msrp is 2300) from Robson.pl, which is a respected store that has existed for many years now. People are super pissed off and are destroying them on Facebook. Despite that, they had 27 units to sell and there is only a single one left right now...

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Spent all day yesterday browsing the broken main retailer websites here ; no succes.

A couple of hours ago I was able to snag a DE off the phone app of my local supermarket in bumfuck nowhere. Pickup is for mid-december, but I feel very lucky.

Can't really call that a messy launch. It's simply unavoidable when stocks are understandably limited and demand is crazy high.

Expel

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe our bros in new zealand have more PS5 stocks?!

i myself gave up on getting it this year.Hopefully the stocks conditions gets better by January, my bday ;(

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Germany got like 100k in the first wave. The biggest market.

This is not true. There is reports that Media Markt/Saturn alone got allocated about 60-80K consoles.

In Fact, the Site who reported the 100K figure later stated that the number is "noticeably" higher now.
I expect a minimum of 200-250K consoles in germany for the first Wave.

Last edited:

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
People blaming on others not preordering?

Preorders were gone in question of minutes on some retailers. I didn't even know you could preorder it by the time they were gone.

If you weren't already sitting on the page to preorder, you straight up just didn't get to because the window to do so was minuscule. One of my co-workers wanted to get one and I had to explain that it wasn't going to happen because we were stuck at work when preorders went live.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
To people that are buying from scalpers.... considering launch consoles are more easily subject to defects... arent you worried about the need to send it back to the assistance/store to get a refund/repair?
Are you getting all you need if that unfortunate need occurs?
That is a big downside for me, i wouldnt buy it from a not official reseller...

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
in some parts of Europe PS4 was not readily available (so you can walk to random store and snatch one) before like May 2014 so it wouldn't surprise me if PS5 shares the same fate (even with higher shipments).

It could possibly be longer than ps4 if their software output is much better, so let's see what release dates we get for R&C, GT7 H:ZD God of War FF16 etc...

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
yeah i'm in Finland and i've accepted the fact that i won't be playing the Demon's Souls remake until next summer maybe :| if i'm even alive then because my immune system sucks and i get exposed to Covid basically daily now in our hospital.

PS5 was supposed to be my escape :( but oh well, i guess i'll dig into my backlog. plenty of PSVR games still waiting.

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably the most in-demand piece of consumer tech this year, just gotta keep watching different sites and accounts if you didn't preorder one.

The Digital Foundry deals account seems to be on top of things

RTX 30xx cards have been sold out since September and still selling out within seconds. All the latest tech are greatly in demand right now, but this pandemic is just making things worse. Can't meet demand fast enough for anything.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
To people that are buying from scalpers.... considering launch consoles are more easily subject to defects... arent you worried about the need to send it back to the assistance/store to get a refund/repair?

Fuck giving any scalpers money, just wait the 2-3 months to get them easily in stores and let scalpers have to sit on all the stock they bought.

MrGlugi

Nov 13, 2017
We have actual, legit game stores scalping in Warsaw. Right now PS5 can be bought for 4999 PLN (msrp is 2300) from Robson.pl, which is a respected store that has existed for many years now. People are super pissed off and are destroying them on Facebook. Despite that, they had 27 units to sell and there is only a single one left right now...
I remember buying some stuff from them years ago, but what they are doing right now is just shameful... I'm so glad I ordered mine PS5 from MediaMarkt. When PS4 was launching I went with smaller retailer, but also pretty known (at least at the time) - Ultima. This time apparently they didn't receive any stock at all. WIshing all the best for people trying to find PS5!

Pinku

Dec 21, 2017
Wait, except for the Ouya, was there any console you could just get on launchday in stores etc?
Actually, Switch in Sweden was no problem. I wasn't going to buy it but fell for the Zelda hype. On release day I just showed up at one of the bigger retailers at noon and bought it. They had plenty. Don't know the situation in the rest of europe of course.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Wait, except for the Ouya, was there any console you could just get on launchday in stores etc?

I live in the Faroe Islands, the PS5 has not arrived up here.. and probably will not for weeks/months... I went to the 2 biggest electronic stores up here yesterday, just to check the inventory... one of the stores was almost completely empty for any console, there was one old PS4 bundle and 3 Nintendo Switches..
But the second store.. Last week they had a couple of Xbox Series X´s and S´s .. yesterday the store had this.
uwT7aP8.jpg

Lots of Series S consoles physically in the store.. and in the storage they have several Xbox Series X consoles..
And then there is also this.
Y5lWrce.jpg

Lol I don't hope people expect this "console" to be worth a lot of money in the near future.. that does not look like at great retirement investment.

Jun 3, 2018
London
Actually, Switch in Sweden was no problem. I wasn't going to buy it but fell for the Zelda hype. On release day I just showed up at one of the bigger retailers at noon and bought it. They had plenty. Don't know the situation in the rest of europe of course.

For me, that was similar in England. I also fell for the Zelda hype. I decided to order one directly from Nintendo right before release day and I got a day after release. I think they were a bit harder to get for a few weeks after release, though.

broony

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 launch was pretty similar to this wasn't it? No stock anywhere really until after Christmas.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

With the ticket or invoice you should be able to reclaim the 2 year warranty obligatory on EU. Nonetheless you really should ask for that if you buy not just the PS5 but any second hand product.
Not sure how is gonna work if the scalper got it through Amazon.

Last edited:

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I'm in South Korea, which is PC country, and even with an official launch, the PS5 was a magical unicorn from day 1. I'm starting to realize that I'm not going to be able to walk in to a store or order one online until late winter, and that's if I'm lucky.

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
They just launched preorders here in the Philippines. Online only preorders, announced time slots for 2:00 pm to 2:05 pm. Limited to around 8 retailers. What could possibly go wrong lol.

Didn't even take a minute for everything to be gone. I almost got lucky, was about to check out, and when I did, it said that it was sold out. Feels bad man. But I'm not too salty about it, just got to wait a little bit more.

Jun 3, 2018
London
On a slightly brighter note, I found two offers for 500 euros this morning for my city on eBay Kleinanzeigen (German Craigslist / Gumtree). I'm a little skeptical, but I've sent them a message. At least one of the was definitely a disc version. And the other one was advertised as factory sealed.