• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
We don't care. It's Nintendo. Heck... their new Hyrule Warriors framerate is all over the place. Yet, all reviews are really positive, making this the highest rated Musou game ever.

If it's Nintendo, new rules are applied.

Meriadock

Apr 21, 2018
Brazil
I'm playing on my series s and all I can think is "i should buy this on switch". Handheld is the best gaming experience for me.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Feelings are really going to be hurt when the cross gen games stop and most AAA titles can't lock to 60. We are seeing signs that this is exactly what's going to happen now, so I suggest people get their expectations in check.
Watch as hitting 60 fps at all times suddenly "doesn't matter" anymore to most PS5/Series X users when this becomes clear. If these folks truly cared about it they would have been pure PC gamers from the start.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
It is jarring but I adjust after a few minutes. My switch experience is completely different from my PS one anyway.

And it's game by game to me, i really enjoyed miles Morales at 30fps with that super dope 2frame suit from the movies.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
We don't care. It's Nintendo. Heck... their new Hyrule Warriors framerate is all over the place. Yet, all reviews are really positive, making this the highest rated Musou game ever.

It is a Koei Tecmo game though, the thing is is that despite the wonky frame rate it is highly enjoyable.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
The launch of next gen consoles will make Switch games appear comparatively worse, across the board. Also many studios will be reevaluating whether they want to push as low-end as the Switch for their games. Switch Pro or whatever can't come soon enough.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
dont know, I have been playing 60 fps on PC for over a decade and havent found any Switch game unplayable

OP
OP
60fps

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017

YEAH, as sarcastic as it sounds, this is true and it's absolutely terrible.

I wish reviewers would be much stricter when it comes to technical aspects like performance, audio quality and such.

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah. The portability hasn't been worth the trade offs. Switch games are often more expensive and perform worse targeting 30 fps. Glad it's worth it for some. But portability hasn't been a good selling feature for me.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you are playing on TV, yes of course it is going to be rough.

But in handheld mode, the worse graphics are to be expected. I prefer handheld gaming so I just have to live with that. You don't want to know how bad Ryse and Quantum Break looked when I played them :D

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'm already used to going back and forth between 60 and 30fps, and I'm not going to be playing games at 120 so really it's no different now than it's ever been. As long as I'm not immediately switching from a 60fps game down to a 30fps game back to back I can handle the difference.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
I have Project Diva Future Tone on Switch and PS5 via PS4 BC and play both often despite the Switch's 30fps shortcomings and lower resolution. It's fine.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Nintendo still makes awesome games, whether they run in 30, 60 or anything in between. Software and gameplay trumps tech, imo. The limitations may be more noticeable, but you're still only going to be able to play Animal Crossing on Switch.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I alternated between 30fps (Or less) and 60fps games all my life. A better framerate is nice but it's silly how people treat it like stuff makes that much of a difference in games that aren't fast action or competitive online stuff.

Console gamers that for years replied PC gamers saying "60 fps isn't a big deal" now are going to keep saying 30 fps is unplayable.

Until games start being 30 fps again on consoles.

Lol this 100%

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Have a PC with a G sync monitor blasting higher that 60 FPS games into my eyes.

Short of Overcooked 2 performance, have never had a beef with how games look or play on my switch.

Even the Witcher 3 is tolerable given the form factor and platform flexibility.

Jan 31, 2019
It's really not going to suck. I will play 30 FPS games that are good and enjoy them. I can play 120 FPS turds.....and they are still turds.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
I'm looking forward to native res 60fps games, and it'll be a great day when mobile hardware will be in a place to provide it at a mass market cost. That feels some years off though, so I'll take what we have more gladly.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I agree on the high frame rate targets and resolution as well

There's no way around it and makes the Switch or anything not running at a certain spec hard to go back to.