• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The deets
X-Men-Legends-2-spoilers-4-scaled-e1617291429288.jpg

Anatomy lesson
X-Men-Legends-2-spoilers-3-768x1181.jpg

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Technically he's not a Summers still. He's their half brother on their mother's side.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Excuse me Slayven but please fix your thread title claiming that Adam X the X-Treme is the fourth Summers brother. He is canonically the third brother discovered, as this comic takes place at the time Fabian Nicieza was writing the main X-Men books.

Adam X the X-Treme is the third Summers brother. Vulcan is the fourth.

I am actually quite, quite happy they came up with some bullshit sci-fi excuse for Adam's birth rather than the more horrific reality that was sort of implied through his existence over the years.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Excuse me Slayven but please fix your thread title claiming that Adam X the X-Treme is the fourth Summers brother. He is canonically the third brother discovered, as this comic takes place at the time Fabian Nicieza was writing the main X-Men books.

Adam X the X-Treme is the third Summers brother. Vulcan is the fourth.

I am actually quite, quite happy they came up with some bullshit sci-fi excuse for Adam's birth rather than the more horrific reality that was sort of implied through his existence over the years.
Timeline wise however he is the 4th brother as the flashbacks in Deadly Genesis happen before the events of this comic.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
We need Gambit to be the fifth Summers brother so Marvel can write the book about them becoming a basketball team and hooping against Marvel's other great quintets. The finale being them versus five random Cyclops kids who want revenge.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
If his brain is in his ass imagine all the concussions he's given himself just by sitting down. That explains a lot actually.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We need Gambit to be the fifth Summers brother so Marvel can write the book about them becoming a basketball team and hooping against Marvel's other great quintets. The finale being them versus five random Cyclops kids who want revenge.

I liked his intended origin of being Mr. Sinister's (then supposed to be an eternal child who thought his name and outfit were legitimately cool and threatening) ideal cool badass alter ago who got to hook up with Rogue.

parallax888

Feb 27, 2021
Timeline wise however he is the 4th brother as the flashbacks in Deadly Genesis happen before the events of this comic.

LOL Your head can spin thinking about this. You're right in terms of publication history (Deadly Genesis 2006 vs. X-Men Legends 2021) but if you go by when the stories are supposed to take place, Adam X's revelation (~1994) is supposed to be years before Gabriel (2006 (and that's the revelation, not when the 'hidden team' went to Krakoa)). Fabian and Marvel used to be so good about just saying "brothers" - I wished they kept to that because the press to this year's XML using "Summers brother" is very confusing. Otherwise you could look at it as Adam is the third brother (chronologically) but Gabriel is the third SUMMERS brother.

I liked his intended origin of being Mr. Sinister's (then supposed to be an eternal child who thought his name and outfit were legitimately cool and threatening) ideal cool badass alter ago who got to hook up with Rogue.

I much prefer this too. No more intermingling Gambit with the Summers. His intended (but abandoned) origin was way cooler. And Claremont trying to fit him in (in X-Men: The End) was 1) to service fan theories and 2) to momentarily take advantage of the fact that Fabian didn't get to finish his Adam X storyline leaving the dangling "brothers" slip by Sinister.

But as a longtime X-reader, I found this story very satisfying. Also, PLEASE just give him a healing factor! Having your brain in your ass cheek makes no sense science-wise/anatomically lol. :)

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is this title--

Oh, a Slayven thread.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
LOL Your head can spin thinking about this. You're right in terms of publication history (Deadly Genesis 2006 vs. X-Men Legends 2021) but if you go by when the stories are supposed to take place, Adam X's revelation (~1994) is supposed to be years before Gabriel (2006 (and that's the revelation, not when the 'hidden team' went to Krakoa)). Fabian and Marvel used to be so good about just saying "brothers" - I wished they kept to that because the press to this year's XML using "Summers brother" is very confusing. Otherwise you could look at it as Adam is the third brother (chronologically) but Gabriel is the third SUMMERS brother.

I much prefer this too. No more intermingling Gambit with the Summers. His intended (but abandoned) origin was way cooler. And Claremont trying to fit him in (in X-Men: The End) was 1) to service fan theories and 2) to momentarily take advantage of the fact that Fabian didn't get to finish his Adam X storyline leaving the dangling "brothers" slip by Sinister.

But as a longtime X-reader, I found this story very satisfying. Also, PLEASE just give him a healing factor! Having your brain in your ass cheek makes no sense science-wise/anatomically lol. :)

Except the Hidden Team rescued Cyclops and it was revealed to Scott that Gabriel was his brother, and much like Adam X it was erased from his mind.

Talking strictly timeline of events in canon, not the publication history.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait What!!! Does, or did Rogue know!?! What the fuck!

So basically how Claremont intended it is that Mr. Sinister was a Mutant who was eternally a child, and he psychically created the Mr. Sinister identity thinking it was what would make for an intimidating villain, and why his henchmen were the Nasty Boys who all palled around eating junk food and living like slobs.

Gambit was supposed to be what he thought exemplified cool hardcore badasses, and Mr. Sinister had a crush on Rogue, so he created this new identity that allowed him to vicariously live out his fantasy. I don't think Gambit at the time was actually meant to be his own person, just a projection of Mr. Sinister.

None of this ever made it to page so eventually both Mr. Sinister and Gambit got completely different origins and histories.

parallax888

Feb 27, 2021
Except the Hidden Team rescued Cyclops and it was revealed to Scott that Gabriel was his brother, and much like Adam X it was erased from his mind.

Talking strictly timeline of events in canon, not the publication history.

As I submitted my post I thought about going back and editing because you're right - just based on pure chronological history (never mind publication dates) Gabriel comes first because at least Xavier and Scott realize he's a Summers brother pre-Giant Size X-Men #1 (regardless if Deadly Genesis takes place years later post House of M). I stand corrected on that point.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
As I submitted my post I thought about going back and editing because you're right - just based on pure chronological history (never mind publication dates) Gabriel comes first because at least Xavier and Scott realize he's a Summers brother pre-Giant Size X-Men #1 (regardless if Deadly Genesis takes place years later post House of M). I stand corrected on that point.
Always remember.

Comics Are Weird.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Sale it and retire, what i plan to do with my chrome version of Ravage 2099 #1
Do you think my DOOM 2009 #1 will do the same?

What about my X-Men #1s? I have all 5 of them.

I also have X-Force #1 still in poly bag with the collectable card.

What about my first appearance of Azrael as Batman? It has the die cut foil cover.

Damn the speculator boom even messed me up in tweens.

At least I actually the fact that I have Jubilee's first appearance.