• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Doesnt anyone feels like this?

Man, there have been legendary hypers in the history like Peter Molyneux or John Romero but I believe that right now Hideo Kojima surpassed them and anyone else, all this talk about creating a new genre, maybe needing more than one entry so people understand....is Kojima going too far? What do you guys think?

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
He's just promoting his product, why would he be going 'too far'? Relative to what? The game will speak for itself soon.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
I'm not sure. There is a void around Death Stranding and this is not usually the case with the normal games marketing thing.

A void creates speculation, which in turn creates hype. Not sure that is the intent here.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean this has been the norm for over 20 years. When metal gear solid was coming out I'm pretty sure Kojima stated that it was the best game ever made.

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
I feel like Kojima now has a group of hype-men who are hyping his stuff up too. Like Troy Baker saying Death Stranding is gonna push the medium forwards or something like that.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
The only time it really bothers me is when he implies he created the stealth genre despite multiple games doing it years before MG existed.

The rest is just his brand of showmanship. I'm not a fan given that I found his last few games disappointing but I can see why people get pumped up by it all. He knows how to work an audience and people seem to walk away happy with the end product most of the time. The fanbase treating him like he's the second coming is way more obnoxious than his self-aggrandizing for me personally.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Possibly, but he at least has played the game and knows things about it to say the least, as obviously biased as he is. It's people who haven't who are declaring the game to be 'GOTY' unless something, and I quote one comment I have read, 'catastrophic' happens that have me scratching my head a little. The director of the game obviously is going to say things like he has and IIRC at least one of the actors has done likewise but again there's at least the possibility he also has played it. So yeah this is expected IMO.

the lizard

Nov 1, 2017
Why is this a new thread? It seems about 50% of this forum feels the same way you do, and they're all over in that other thread arguing with each other.

Zippro

May 20, 2018
It's Kojima... he made himself a brand and people will follow brands blindly till the end of time. He just needs to get his head out of his ass and stop pretending this Strand genre is an innovation in gaming that he needs to carry forward. We'll play the game and see what happens.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
I think you've forgotten Molyneux' antics if you think he's been surpassed.

He's still king bullshitter by a longshot.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Doesnt anyone feels like this?

Man, there have been legendary hypers in the history like Peter Molyneux or John Romero but I believe that right now Hideo Kojima surpassed them and anyone else, all this talk about creating a new genre, maybe needing more than one entry so people understand....is Kojima going too far? What do you guys think?

MGS5 felt like going way too far in that the hype surpassed the game and there was no way it could live up even if it was the perfect game.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think his ego is massive and I find him annoying.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Possibly, but he at least has played the game and knows things about it to say the least, as obviously biased as he is. It's people who haven't who are declaring the game to be 'GOTY' unless something, and I quote one comment I have read, 'catastrophic' happens that have me scratching my head a little. The director of the game obviously is going to say things like he has and IIRC at least one of the actors has done likewise but again there's at least the possibility he also has played it. So yeah this is expected IMO.

You can use this exact argument against people who are shitting on the game as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's funny I'm incredibly sold, I'd be buying if he was selling me a blank box with a question mark on it. But I did have to stop listening to him pitch his game at a certain point. Maybe he's hyping other folks up, but I'm good I'll play it when it arrives at my door.

Bish_Bosch

Apr 30, 2018
Molyneux was absolutely next-level and lied about basic features which isn't the case here. This is like any number of filmmakers who claim their films are director created genres and idk that isn't very rare or bad really.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Lmao kojima is just excited about the new game he made with his brand new studio after being fired, I think he's just happy to be doing what he's doing

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
pretty fucked up to get people excited to play your game imo, he shouldn't be allowed to do it

unrelated I hope they show off the warner montreal game soon

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This can be discussed in any of the other current threads about Kojima and Death Stranding.

Status
Not open for further replies.