• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I was just browsing twitter as we all are after the PS5 and a tweet from Jeff Grub really hit me.

I'm crazy excited for PS5 I'm crazy excited for Xbox Series X, but I'm not rich, and this whole time we've all been arguing about price like there's really any comparison. I just looked at a roundup of all of the games announced at the event today and out of 26 total (crazy amount) 9 of them we're either directly from PlayStation Worldwide themselves or from XDEV.

At $60 in the US per game that's an extra $540, obviously they wont all be there day 1 and wont all be $60 necessarily but the thought still stands. That doesn't include any timed exclusives or third party/indies at all.

With Microsoft that would all be included for $9.99 a month or cheaper for a year. That's pretty freaking insane and a huge deal maker or breaker for people who cant afford or choose to not afford so much spending on video games.

This isn't a fight where its $499 vs $499 or even $499 or higher vs $399 or lower. This is $399 to $599 vs close to a $1000 plus or minus and that's just in years 1-2 going by the dates we saw.

I get that a lot of people here really care how much money their favorite corporation makes for some reason and others have deep pockets but this matters. I'm neither of those and it does matter, I will buy both consoles but its pretty much inevitable that more people will be able to play more games on Xbox.

Have any of you thought about this? Does it not matter to you? Do you still prefer PS5 but wish they had an answer?

The last one is where I'm at. I want more then 5 of those 9 games alone not including 3rd party but I wont be able to play them all at least at launch. That sucks.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Halo alone vs. the Sony show confirms Xbox will have the better launch

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
You forgot that small part where some of those games you mentioned are ONLY available in the PS5. So, what's the point of swaying to XBox and gamepass if they dont have the games you want to play?
In the end, it's all about the games. If you want Spider-Man, Horizon, Demons Souls, Ratchet and Clanl, and in the future, God of War, Uncharted, etc... you cant get that on XBox, no matter how cheap you make your subscriptions.

OP
OP
defaltoption

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
PS Now at least at its current state (could of course change) wont have any ps5 games for a very long time and they'll be timed. Its not comparable right now.

You forgot that small part where some of those games you mentioned are ONLY available in the PS5. So, what's the point of swaying to XBox and gamepass if they dont have the games you want to play?
In the end, it's all about the games. If you want Spider-Man, Horizon, Demons Souls, Ratchet and Clanl, and in the future, God of War, Uncharted, etc... you cant get that on XBox, no matter how cheap you make your subscriptions.

Even if theyre only on ps5 or on both they still cost money what does that have to do with anything. If you think the Xbox wont have a single game you are interested in at all then you dont even need to be here, this isnt about whats better or whats worth it to an individual, theyll both have great games that people want.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I was just browsing twitter as we all are after the PS5 and a tweet from Jeff Grub really hit me.

I'm crazy excited for PS5 I'm crazy excited for Xbox Series X, but I'm not rich, and this whole time we've all been arguing about price like there's really any comparison. I just looked at a roundup of all of the games announced at the event today and out of 26 total (crazy amount) 9 of them we're either directly from PlayStation Worldwide themselves or from XDEV.

At $60 in the US per game that's an extra $540, obviously they wont all be there day 1 and wont all be $60 necessarily but the thought still stands. That doesn't include any timed exclusives or third party/indies at all.

With Microsoft that would all be included for $9.99 a month or cheaper for a year. That's pretty freaking insane and a huge deal maker or breaker for people who cant afford or choose to not afford so much spending on video games.

This isn't a fight where its $499 vs $499 or even $499 or higher vs $399 or lower. This is $399 to $599 vs close to a $1000 plus or minus and that's just in years 1-2 going by the dates we saw.

I get that a lot of people here really care how much money their favorite corporation makes for some reason and others have deep pockets but this matters. I'm neither of those and it does matter, I will buy both consoles but its pretty much inevitable that more people will be able to play more games on Xbox.

Have any of you thought about this? Does it not matter to you? Do you still prefer PS5 but wish they had an answer?

The last one is where I'm at. I want more then 5 of those 9 games alone not including 3rd party but I wont be able to play them all at least at launch. That sucks.

Maybe this is just going over my head, but for the life of me I have no idea what you're trying to say. I don't think PS5 games will be more expensive than Xbox Series X games, and I don't understand this sentence at all: "This isn't a fight where its $499 vs $499 or even $499 or higher vs $399 or lower. This is $399 to $599 vs close to a $1000 plus or minus and that's just in years 1-2 going by the dates we saw."

Where are these numbers coming from?

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Good Point!

Console launchs are typically expensive because I have to buy a few games, an extra controller and maybe a remote or whatever.

I think the fact that my controllers, subscriptions, games, and headsets all carry over and that I'll have a good lineup of launch exclusives with my gamepass subscription means I only have to worry about the price of the console.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
game pass makes the entry so much easier. if both launch with say 3 first party exclusive to get all 3 from sony thats almost an extra $100 just for sony games not counting any 3rd party. with ms that $100 can go toward 3rd party as all first party is on gamepass and chances are there will be atleast a month free for gamepass

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Maybe this is just going over my head, but for the life of me I have no idea what you're trying to say. I don't think PS5 games will be more expensive than Xbox Series X games, and I don't understand this sentence at all: "This isn't a fight where its $499 vs $499 or even $499 or higher vs $399 or lower. This is $399 to $599 vs close to a $1000 plus or minus and that's just in years 1-2 going by the dates we saw."

Gamepass. $10 or whatever and a list of games ready to install.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
It already looks better than anything shown today
Not even close. The trailers we saw for Spider-Man Miles Morales, Horizon II, Demon's Souls Remake, New Ratchet and Clank, Gran Turismo 7 we're incredible and some of them had actual gameplay.

Other than in-engine stuff, we haven't seen much for Halo Infinite.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017

I think he's trying to say with gamepass it'll be cheaper to get an xbox no matter what price the PS5 is. But I don't know why you would assume people are going to buy every $60 release at launch

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for an upgraded PS Now from Sony. Hopefully they can show a Game Pass equivalent soon, otherwise Game Pass on PC looks really good.

It already looks better than anything shown today

I think Horizon 2 is the best next gen game anyone has shown. And unfortunately 343 has yet to put out a good Halo

OP
OP
defaltoption

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin

Whatever the PS5 price is vs Xbox SX price is doesn't matter because on Xbox you'll get a bunch of 1st party and 2nd party games free. On PS5 it'll be the normal way its always been. The value difference is crazy.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, it's never a fight. You simply choose what games you want to play and buy console that gives you those games.
Yes, it's that easy.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017

It was a little garbled. What I think he's saying that getting an PS5 and all of their launch exclusives is much more expensive than getting an Xbox Series X, because all the exclusives are going to be on Game Pass.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You're right. Xbox is already committing to games for XSX launching on game pass. Regardless of what the console price is, I know I'm getting my first party XSX games for "free" at no extra cost. It makes it the cheaper launch for me.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Whatever the PS5 price is vs Xbox SX price is doesn't matter because on Xbox you'll get a bunch of 1st party and 2nd party games free. On PS5 it'll be the normal way its always been. The value difference is crazy.

You mean Game Pass? Okay, I guess I just didn't get that was what you were referencing. I don't do Game Pass

zedox

Oct 28, 2017

Yes. I talked about this before MS first announced 1st party in gamepass years ago. It is the biggest difference maker. Enjoy games. :)

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
It really does fall on how Microsoft pitches next-gen GamePass, and they've done a great job already with Smart Delivery and day one exclusives. I'm not entirely convinced Halo alone can carry the holiday (especially since it'll be playable on Xbox One) but what they should really focus on is GamePass becoming as household a name as Netflix.

PlayStation brand, as it stands, has more hype and good faith attributed to it these days (as least in circles I've seen online and real life) and I don't think it'll be as hard a pitch today compared to $599 PS3 back then.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure there'll be day one patches for games like The Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima. Likely also for games like Days Gone, Death Stranding, Uncharted 4, God of War (etc).

There will be a ton of games people already own and are excited to play on the PS5, or that will be much less than $60 when the PS5 launches.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
I don't get it. I don't think people will be buying 6 games at launch. With BC you have tons of game to play at launch and can take your time with the launch games.

I think most people will buy the console with the game they want, but if they want 1st party quantity for little money I'm sure they can buy an XSX with game pass.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
PS Now at least at its current state (could of course change) wont have any ps5 games for a very long time and they'll be timed. Its not comparable right now.

Even if theyre only on ps5 or on both they still cost money what does that have to do with anything. If you think the Xbox wont have a single game you are interested in at all then you dont even need to be here, this isnt about whats better or whats worth it to an individual, theyll both have great games that people want.
You can make a price comparison when it's console VS console.
When you make it console + games VS console + games, and said games differ from console to console, it kinda loses its meaning.
I agree that Gamepass is a huge move, but it would be a fair comparison if every game was availabe in every console.

Ossom

Oct 31, 2017

The op is saying that Microsoft's first party games will be included in gamepass, but Sonys will be sold individually and therefore cost you more over time. Basically ignore the console price, it's about the price of access to first party content.

Status
Not open for further replies.